It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 conspiracy theorists on CNN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Not often do you see a news story like this in the main stream media. A theory that the World Trade Center towers may have been destroyed by the United states government, is usually quickly dismissed by many. Top theorists are discussed in the following report..

Kevin Barrett believes the U.S. government might have destroyed the World Trade Center. Steven Jones is researching what he calls evidence that the twin towers were brought down by explosives detonated inside them, not by hijacked airliners.

These men aren't uneducated junk scientists: Barrett will teach a class on Islam at the University of Wisconsin this fall, over the protests of more than 60 state legislators. Jones is a tenured physicist at Brigham Young University whose mainstream academic job has made him a hero to conspiracy theorists.

Five years after the terrorist attacks, a community that believes widely discredited ideas about what happened on September 11, 2001, persists and even thrives. Members trade their ideas on the Internet and in self-published papers and in books. About 500 of them attended a recent conference in Chicago, Illinois.

CNN.com Full Article Link

I encourage you to click the source link and read the full article.

It is a very compelling, facinating read.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I read this article yesterday and my jaw almost dropped.

I couldnt believe this was getting MSM coverage... and not necc. in a mocking light, no less. This is a HUGE step for the truth movement IMO.

Another shot of adrenaline for the truth movement

Hopefully this will just get bigger and bigger.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Kevin barrett is going to be on the O' reilly factor tonght on Fox should be interesting too bad I gotta work

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
can someone post a link to that o reilly interview once its aired plz?

or where i can watch it, i live in uk so cant get it here

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I saw this on CNN site and was disappointed by the article. In the 3rd paragraph the writer states (emphasis mine):

"Five years after the terrorist attacks, a community that believes widely discredited ideas about what happened on September 11, 2001, persists and even thrives."

I didn't realize they were widely discredited. As far as I've read most have never been seriously addressed. Then in the 8th paragraph the reporter cites the 911 Commission who just the day before had an article on CNN saying the government hindered their investigation. 911ST got some press but IMHO it was anything but balanced.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They have a poll or Survey whatever you want to call it on whether or not you believe the conspiracy theories could be valid. VOTE NOW!!!

[edit on 7-8-2006 by n1ghtwalker]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I went to the link posted above but I could not find a survey or poll, is there a link you could post please? TIA

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Its on the right side of the page.

CNN 9/11

*SNIP*

[edit on 7-8-2006 by n1ghtwalker]

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread202530/pg1]Mod Edit: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.[url]

[edit on 16/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Thanks Nightwalker, you will be happy to know that 17,508 votes have been cast and of those 71% says yes they believe the alternative theories, come on people vote, lets make it 80%.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by goose]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
*SNIP*

That would make this the third CNN poll dominated by people that think there was a conspiracy and/or cover-up, lol. I think they're fishing for one they can finally flash all over TV that shows us as a minority. Not even the Zogby polls did a good job of that, and they were scientific and sampled large numbers (phone-based, not internet-based). So I say good luck, CNN. I found the article itself pretty damned biased too, btw.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by bsbray11]

Mod Edit: Quote Content Cleanup.

[edit on 16/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

join