It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Debt... Chance of recovery?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes I know, we're all gonna die!

This guy lays out various scenarios for what's going to happen when the BB start to retire. The outcomes depend almost entirely on what you think will happened to growth in GDP and productivity (America being the most productive country on earth, FYI). Since most of **** ( I can't you call dolts, even though that which you post is not at all unlike that which a dolt might say) that populate this board won't understand it, they can go to his site for an explanation.

www.optimist123.com...

Gee, that doesn't seem so scary, but of course is fear-mongering is always more fun.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Number23]

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Number23]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It's like looking at the chart from the insurance salesman.
"If you assume a 10% per year return..."

You assume no new debt? And you use only one source? And you think that US productivity will go up when the kids are graduating with low levels of skills and high expectations?

What I will give you is this: A few Americans will do extremely well, but most will not keep up even the standard of living that they have now. Those with the skills and the knowledge to lever the money and machinery that together cause productivity to happen will do right nicely, but to assume that it will be nice for all is quite an assumption indeed.

Also, I am not a dolt.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
relax, number 23 is a LOCKHEED MARTIN employee (or was) he is trying to sell everyone on his biased bull# , and pushing the same war spending guns, fighter jet bull# , disguised under patriotism, and anyone who goes against him is either a dolt, ignorant, hates america or whatever else he conjures up in his delusional BRAINWASHED mind

it's ok number 23 lockheed martin will keep making those bombers and we will keep spending on them, the economy is great so we can continue to. u are a narrow minded fool and your arrogance is the reason u are blind to the truth, or like bush and friends selfishly promoting your agenda. now tell me i'm ignorant unpatriotic and a terrorist you smart man you.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Now I understand his attempts to get his way by overwhelming use of graphs and charts.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
relax, number 23 is a LOCKHEED MARTIN employee (or was) he is trying to sell everyone on his biased bull# , and pushing the same war spending guns, fighter jet bull# , disguised under patriotism, and anyone who goes against him is either a dolt, ignorant, hates america or whatever else he conjures up in his delusional BRAINWASHED mind

it's ok number 23 lockheed martin will keep making those bombers and we will keep spending on them, the economy is great so we can continue to. u are a narrow minded fool and your arrogance is the reason u are blind to the truth, or like bush and friends selfishly promoting your agenda. now tell me i'm ignorant unpatriotic and a terrorist you smart man you.

Originally posted by Moon Pie
Now I understand his attempts to get his way by overwhelming use of graphs and charts.

Are the above supposed to be arguments? So in addition to sleeping through economics, you guys weren't on the forensics team either.

When one argues a position, one posits assertions that are supported by evidence (see my posts for examples). By contrast, the rest of you have blathered ignorant nonsense supported by NOTHING.

Let me know when you can post some EVIDENCE to support your assertions.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Number23]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think youve done an excellent job number 23, and I've learned quite a bit from reading your posts. Its helped me understand that US aint in all the trouble that some would have us believe. Numbers speak volumes, and they dont lie.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sure they do. This book has been around forever. I suppose you did not read it.

Numbers Lie

Also, the proof of your assertions will come -- or not -- within the next 10 to 15 years. It may be that you find yourselves pointing at the charts while your economy goes in the hole. You have fun, now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join