It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Friends and Movie Theaters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Now around me there are three theaters. One of them new. One of them a good twenty minutes away, and one underagers only go to in order to buy tickets to R rated flicks (Or just for a lesser priced movie experiance)

Now when someone invites you to the movies you assume that they mean the closest theater (the new one) that isn't going to squander gas getting to. And when the film starts at ten o'clock you don't assume you are going to the one that takes twenty minutes to get to when it is about 9:30

But then while you are at the theater most people would assume to go to, you get a call home from the friend saying how they messedup and are going to the one farthest away at ten o'clock. Then your father has to come to the theater to inform you, and you were lucky enough to not be in the theater room at the time. However you did buy the ticket but thankfully your father decides to pay you back for.

So freaking pissed off. Who the hell goes to the theater farthest away? It's bull. Christ almighty. It is a good thing that I didn't have my cell phone and they call me they are going to the farthest away theater. I would've been arrested for disrupting a public place.

And it is not like they told me the theater. I figured it was going to be the most economical (spelling) choice. To top it off they called at around 9:40 and I got home at 9:49 so it was not like I could've made the trip anyway.

When you go to theaters that are twenety minutes away into the mountains you gotta specificy.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I assume you couldn't watch a movie without your friends? I mean, your own dad payed you back for the ticket and you are essentially complaining that you didn't see it with your friends.

I understand your rant that they didn't tell you the place of meeting, but I suppose there is something wrong that had nothing to do with watching a movie. If you want to spend time with your friends, then just go hang out with them on your own accord, then there wont be any confusion, unless of course it requires a movie for you to enjoy yourself with them.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by ben91069]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No it's the fact that they inform me of where they are going at a very bad time. It's the fact that I was never told that they were going to this theater.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
No it's the fact that they inform me of where they are going at a very bad time. It's the fact that I was never told that they were going to this theater.

Yes, I understand this, but even though it is a rant, it isn't a life altering event. These things always happen. There isn't a day in my life that I am not dissappointed and let down by someone saying they are going to do this and that and it never happens. I am not scolding you here, but trying to quell your rant by saying that this isn't unusual and you'd better get used to it. Relax, or you might die all tensed up!

top topics

join