It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Substitute for War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have seen alot of Anti war remarks on these boards and I have noticed not one person has given a substitute to war, they may say it is bad, we shouldn't go to war, but how do you avoid what leads up to war?

I think you guys think your more moral in your way of thinking, you think you stand for the little guy from big bad Israel or America, there are reasons we go to war, in Israels case self defense. How do you avoid that and keep peace?

How do you get Israel and Arab states to get along, how do you deal with Irans president, how do you deal with NK president and other dictators like him? With out war of course... can you?

I don't want to hear your remarks on how israel started it, it is a mutual struggle, I want to know how you would solve it since some peoples anti Israeli stance does not seem to hold much credit if you simply base it on.. war is bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Their is no subsitute for war. War is simply violence. Now does this mean we should just let war happen? Remember what your mother use to tell you..."two wrongs dont make a right" just because Israel is defending itself, doesnt make it 'right'. I will tell you the only thing that can help solve wars befor and after they begin, diplomacy and empathy. For us to stand by idley and say, well their is nothing we can do war is war, take a note from one of Americans greatest presidents.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. John F. Kennedy

quotationspage.com

Sorry people are Anti-War, we just try to search for other solutions befor we resort to war. As stated by many people with similar beliefs as myself, military action should only be used when a clear and present invasion is comming. To simply invade a country over the other side of the world, and call it a pre-emptive attack is utter BS to me. Especialy when that country has no means possible of mounting a invasion of your country.

War is a horrible thing, and for you to stand here and condone war shows something.

War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebums and smaller adrenal glands. H.L. Mencken

You must have large adrenal glands, and a small cerebum.

mod edit to shorten link
mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 6-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So war is ok only when another persons army is at your doorstep..... And hitting that army in its own country while it is preparing to stirke is ... bad?

Anti-war people are not making solutions, they are complaining, they add no progress to the discussion when they say talk it over, it simply does not always work like that. We can talk it over all we want, and while we talk both sides just build up until they can't take it any more then they destroy one another.

War is not about little bits like kidnapping soldiers, it is two peoples that absolutly dispise one another, a deep seeded hatred so great they can't look at eachother, and the longer the fight is put off the greater the fight will be.

We can tell people like Sadam "Hey you, don't you hurt those Kuwaities, be nice or.. or.. il tell the UN to tell you to stop.. and if you don't do that.. il tell them to tell you again!" ... oo scary so presuasive, that will end the worlds problems.

War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebums and smaller adrenal glands. H.L. Mencken

You must have large adrenal glands, and a small cerebum.

Thanks for proving my point that you like to think you are a moral superior to me, while I simply look at things realistically not optomistically.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Actually it was daddy bush attache that gave the green light to saddam to invade Kuwait. War became inevitiable through that action, up to the present iraqi war. Daddy bush is complicit in what occured in 1991, and then again in 2003.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Rockdude,
I agree wit u totally. The anti war crowd would let the strenght of the terrorist grow until they posed a immediate threat. Seems like the same group of appeasers who watched hitler rise until he was close to victory in europe before takin action

top topics

join