It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to US when 9/11 is proven an inside job?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
So nearly one third of the nation now believes that 911 was an inside job THATS A HIGH PERCENTAGE!!! and it's making some people in the media nervous because with such a percentage they feel like they have to cover it some how....

So, when's the last time the media tried to cover up government activity. The New York Times has made a point of exposing every government secret they can get their hands on for the last 40 years, regardless of the threat to national security.

You might also remember that 50% of the population have an IQ of less that 100, so numbers alone don't tell say much for credibility of opinions.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You misunderstood what I meant Grady I was saying that they feel with such percentages that they must report on it in some form or fashion...like they have an obligation to report something.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You misunderstood what I meant Grady I was saying that they feel with such percentages that they must report on it in some form or fashion...like they have an obligation to report something.

Actually, I think that it's you that misunderstood Grady!

I believe Grady is ,basically, saying that 'it's no surprise the media has/will do everything they can to expose the government'. So in other words, the media's role in conspiracy may be new to you but not so new to Grady (nor any of us in our 30s and above).

You may see this as a BIG HUGE ASSUMPTION of Government conspiracy, but PUHLEEEEEEZE! The media has always been on the opposite side of government, no matter their party's affiliation. That's what makes the media worth watching (or listening to).

BTW, when Grady mentioned the percentage of 'idiots', I don't believe it was meant to be in favor of 'believers in conspiracy' (especially without physical evidence).

-Sour

[edit on 7-8-2006 by SourGrapes]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm tired and I thought you said cover it up.

I confused by the people who claim that 9/11 was an inside job, when most of those who believe that, also believe that Bush is a dunce and the government can't do anything right, whether it be the war on terror or the Katrina emergency response.

I'm not getting Fox News these days, but I have watched Gibson's show much in the past. His show is not really supposed to be a dispassionate news program and in his "My Word" segment he usually states his opinion pretty forcefully. I think he's pretty good, except that he puts Ellis Hennican on the air far too often.

It should be noted that the new film World Trade Center is directed by Oliver Stone the conspiracy director par excellence and from all I've heard he doesn't go anywhere near a conspiracy theory in the film and Stone is in the position of picking and choosing his work.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I keep bringing this up many times and i have never really got a good answer about it.
All these theorys about 9/11 about missiles shaped as planes bombs in building's etc etc...
Well about the 4 mossad agents cheering on the fall of the tower's???
The one where an old lady saw them cheering and taking photos of the towers falling and she reported them!!
You know only a handfull of my friends and few relatives saw the story here on aussie news....the next day and after that it was never heard of again...
What happend to that???

This is just plain bull crap about them being terroists and so forth...
I know for a fact that alot of arabs have messed up views and traditions but it shouldnt fall upon there religion...this fight will continue on and on till everyone points the finger at each others religions and so forth!!
My advice to all ATS members is Turn off your TV's Boycott the mainstream media NOW!
Dont let it controll you as it already has done to many people around the world..believing total bull#!!
I had a guy say to me the other day that "The Quran tells muslims that its ok to rape women" i said where did u hear this?
"It was on news lastnight"

Now i know for a fact that it doesnt say that in the Quran, i used to be a follower of islam aswell as the Bible...
i keep my views about the Bible and The Quran on a personal level only telling them on a 1on1 conversation.

going back to my frist point....what happend to that story...shouldnt that have ended the whole "conspiracy" on 9/11??

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
BTW, when Grady mentioned the percentage of 'idiots', I don't believe it was meant to be in favor of 'believers in conspiracy' (especially without physical evidence).

This is true. I was only pointing out that numbers don't always mean alot. Of course, 50% fo the population have an IQ over 100 and from what I can tell, a lot of those believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

I don't, however.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
You have to admit grady that 33% is alot of people to believe such a theory and that it could possibly mean that there is more merit to the theory than most level-headed americans want to consider.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

You have to admit grady that 33% is alot of people....

It is an awful lot of people, but the number of people who believe it speaks nothing as to the veracity of the belief. A lot needs to be known about that figure and not only what sampling methods were used, but just how the question was phrased. Maybe someone has some information on the poll from which that number was taken.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I have admittedly flip-flopped on the issue myself for many different reasons arguments on both sides of the issue dont seem to add up. I guess thats why it makes an intriguing story.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I agree with a lot of people that Americans would never be able to keep something like this a secret. I also believe Islamic terrorists wouldn't have the connections within the government necessary to pull something like this off either. There is another party whose allegiance is not faithful to this country, has a proven track record of silence on such missions and has in the past history betrayed the people of the USA by using their government within our government to hide things.

Those Jubilant Israelis in New Jersey were happy for a reason on September 11th. Open season on Muslims and Arabs in the ME was officially opened and a "New Middle East" was awaiting them.

Who had the most to gain out of something like this, is an important question.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
How did they know that they could leave him reading about goats? That he was in no danger. Why did the bringer of the news not wait for a reply? And he just sat there. Cool customer Huh! Cui Bono. I forsee the return of the guillotine. ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This has already been proven over and over...but just like Aliens existing, one would have to land in front of the White House while a WH reporter is reporting on something....for it to hit home.

9/11 and ET's. Maybe full disclosure will come all at once and it will not be a shock to me, that's for sure. I already know they're both real.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Actually, I think that it's you that misunderstood Grady!

I believe Grady is ,basically, saying that 'it's no surprise the media has/will do everything they can to expose the government'. So in other words, the media's role in conspiracy may be new to you but not so new to Grady (nor any of us in our 30s and above).

I dont agree with your statement.

This is why, If the news agencies were to kill the government they would have in BIG BOLD LETTERS KINDA LIKE THIS That say things us conspiracy nutjobs already know. So I don't believe in what you have said. In actuality I believe our government sets what we see on the news, which is why the net will probably get some sort of makeover.. ala china and censorship.

Welcome to the New World Order.
Internet2 Coming to a ISP near you.
And ATS's part in this internet 2
Kiss Your Internet Goodbye

Originally posted by Guerilla
My advice to all ATS members is Turn off your TV's Boycott the mainstream media NOW!
Dont let it controll you as it already has done to many people around the world..believing total bull#!!
I had a guy say to me the other day that "The Quran tells muslims that its ok to rape women" i said where did u hear this?
"It was on news lastnight"

And to this, I don't know if you have seen this but from what I understand alot of people aren't watching the news cause they know its sucking up to someone. here is what I find interesting.

people-press.org...
A decade ago, just one-in-fifty Americans got the news with some regularity from what was then a brand new source ­ the internet. Today, nearly one-in-three regularly get news online.

But the growth of the online news audience has slowed considerably since 2000, particularly among the very young, who are now somewhat less likely to go online for news than are people in their 40s. For the most part, online news has evolved as a supplemental source that is used along with traditional news media outlets. It is valued most for headlines and convenience, not detailed, in-depth reporting.

Broadcast news outlets continue to struggle ­ over the last two years alone, the audiences for nightly network, local TV news and radio news have all slipped. Even so, the recent trends in news consumption are relatively stable when compared to the 1990s when TV news in particular was suffering losses of far greater magnitude.

As for myself the only time I really watch the news is for the heather and even then I don't watch it. Most of the week I maybe watch news on TV about 10 mins other than that I find my news here at ATS.

[edit on 8/7/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It seems that this professor from wisconsin is really taking alot of heat for his views of 911, I just saw where he's going to be on the O'reilly factor tonight on Fox.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Pancake collapses of buildings without the use of explosives is nothing new. These scientists are going to have to come up with something more concrete to support their opinions than just a general distrust of the administration.

oh yeah, then show us!!!!!!!!

with the exception of the buildings that fall sideways......,,
all the demo's i've seen are pretty much the same as wtc

www.controlled-demolition.com...
www.demolitiongroup.co.uk...
www.winchesterblasting.com...
www.physics.byu.edu...
www.globalresearch.ca...
video.google.com...
www.pbs.org...
web.umr.edu...

heres NON-explosive demo agent
www.shinestone.com.cn...

and to have it fall straight down like that,,
one of the tallest buildings in the world

any demo expert would be proud of both of them

my only question will be,

now that they know we know, just before they get theirs,
for them to escape (mr lay), what will they unleash upon us next???????????

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
There are over three dozen equally suspect subjects about the ENTIRE 9/11 story. Which includes everything leading up to this event, and every by-product of this event. Now, when you want to address the entirety with your rebuttle, that is when you will gain interest.

Since you have brought it up, what are the 3 dozen suspect subjects and please supply in your own words, at least one widely accepted FACT for each one to prove that they were an "inside job". Conjecture is one thing, proving it beyond a shadow of a doubt in a court of law is another. For now, I will settle for one indisputable fact for each of the suspect subjects you think exist.

Back to the topic at hand. If it were ever proven, in a court of law, beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was Government involement, the systems our founding fathers put in place will show their worth.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me why running planes into a building ISN'T ENOUGH?

This is why this whole thing doesnt make a lick of sense to me. Planting bombs into a building just doesn't seem to make any sense when you are running two fully fueled airliners into the twin towers. It just doesn't make any sense.....

Why would you do that? I think people are jumping from A to Z pretty quickly without going through the other 24 letters in the alphabet.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Grady Philpott said on 8/6/2006 at 09:39 PM (post id: 2396734)

Pancake collapses of buildings without the use of explosives is nothing new.

Why should anyone believe that? Because you say so? Give some examples with links to video showing the pancake collapse of buildings into their own footprint without explosives at near free fall speed. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Build*** says:

Can someone please explain to me why running planes into a building ISN'T ENOUGH?

You've got to be kidding. That subject has been discussed from every angle on ATSNN and elsewhere. Go do your homework and come back. Let's not convert this thread into yet another rerun of that isue.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke.

You think I'm blowing smoke, but that doesn't make it so. Is your Google button broke. Every comment made doesn't have to meet everyone's criteria for excellence, but since you insist.

www.thekansascitychannel.com...

gees.usc.edu...

www.agiweb.org...

mceer.buffalo.edu

transcripts.cnn.com...

www.drj.com...

www.hallofflame.org...

nytimes.com

Google Search

Isn't technology wonderful?

[edit on 2006/8/7 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics