It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light In The Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

I have checked out the site from time to time and finally have a reason to post today.

I realize alot of lights or things in the sky that we can't explain are mistaken for UFO's.....so who knows what I saw yesterday....(I'll post an image later)

I am a wedding photographer and yesterday I was shooting a wedding...when one of my daughters who happened to be with me today siad...."What is that up in the sky" ...so I looked up...and saw this bright shining light....ball shaped I would guess...it was very high....So my daughters say...wow look at that balloon dad....(not a hot air balloon...but they are thinking a normal balloon)

So I keep looking at it...and I am thinking what is that....My daughters quickly label it a balloon......and I say..."that isnt a balloon"....my daughters say Yes it is...see dad the string..... So I keep looking at this thing..and it seemed that a couple times the sun must have hit something right that it almost appears that a huge string is seen waving or coming from this shining ball (Balloon) or whatever....so i second guess myself and think well maybe it is a balloon. But after looking at it for a longer period...and looking at the cloud closw by and the height of the object...there is no way in hell that it was a balloon. Here is why I think so.

1. The altitude of this object was way to high. If it was a balloon then that had to be one big friggin ballon for us to see it...at the altitude it apperead to be at. Think of looking up and seeing a huge passenger jet in the sky..where you can see the vapor trail but barely the jet... I would say it was somewhere in that vacinity or higher......so no way am i seeing a small ballon that high up....and the string attached to it...forget it....aint happening.

2. It was really bright and shiny....I have never seen a balloon SHINE like this...almost looked like the brightest star in the sky at night...only this was at about 4:50 pm...in the bright sun.

3. A ballon blows in the wind.....moves...this object stood still for atleast 5 minutes or so...while we watched it and waited on the Groom to come outside so I could photograph him.....after about 5 minutes or so it slowly started to move to the south...but a a pretty slow pace.....I told my girls watch it...it it dissapears really quick or shoots off...that was a UFO.... ( The groom came out and I had to start to shoot him...so I lost track of the object

4. Couldnt have been a jet...jets dont appear to stand still....are not shaped like balls...and this had no vapor trail or anything like that other than a couple times where it appeared something was trailing or hanging from the object....but if something was hanging from the object it was so faint when you could see it...maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. Maybe nothing was there at all.

I was able to snap a few shots of the object....with my Canon camera...but unfortunatley I did not have my long 70-200 lens on...I only had my 24-70 lens......I zoomed it to the full zoom lenghth of the lens....so I hope they turn out somewhat....from what I could see on my camera display a couple images did show up...but I have not looked at it yet on my computer monitor.... Im going to right after I post this...and then I will put some pics up on here.

I live in western Colorado (Grand Junction) and have never seen a light in the sky here like this.
I have witnessed one other UFO sighting in my life as a child in Missuori....but these objects where individual balls of light..each a different color...low flying off the ground...traveling parralel to the highway we were traveling on....."We first heard about them on the CB from truckers wondering what these light were and talking back and forth when we saw the pass us by.....this was in the late 1970's....so give me break with the CB thing...lol..
Anyway thought I would post since I saw this and had read some posts yesterday about Bible code...and sings in the sky.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How do I post a pic on here......I see no option for it?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wanna see the shiny balloon thingy.

If there were millions of sightings worldwide they could be the shining light in the sky the bible code thread said was a couple of days ago!

I don't know how to post a pic but if you look at Mechanic32's help guides or Zed's guide you will find instructions

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Check out this link, the third topic down is "Uploading Images". That should get the picture into your ATS upload area.

Then you can insert the picture using "[img]" tags. For example, to post my av image, I put
["img"]https://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats30859_blockava.jpg["/img"] (without the quotes) to get:

I tend to think the object sounds like a weather balloon. They can get pretty large at high altiturde as the gas expands. The perceived lack of motion could have been a wind eddy or an illusion.

[edit on 8/6/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ok,

Im going to try this 2 ways.....i think I figured it out.

The image is a cropped immage...I tried to zoom on it....iff you guys want a full shot let me know.....but I left in some tree leaves so you could maybe get a perspective.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this worked

[edit on 6-8-2006 by AirZeroX]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good job following directions on the pic.

It looks like a point of light to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
ok so there it is......obviously....much to bright to be a childs balloon......at that altitude...it has to be pretty big for the size it percieves to be......

Obvoiusly when you see something with the human eye you can get more of a feel for what you are looking at that you can from a picture....but they did not turn out to bad.

Point of Light? What do you mean by that.

Would a weather balloon look like this?

See what I mean by how I said it looks like the brightest star...but in the middle of the day.....

I can't figure it out.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Where did the pics go????????

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Where are the pics? it's so typical, this happening. People really need to get there own FTP host that they own for free.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Repost of picture

[edit on 7-8-2006 by AirZeroX]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Do you have the time, date, and location of the photo? Also, which direction in the sky was the photo taken? Did you see it shoot off or did your daughters tell you it shot off?

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is irratating...I dont know why the picture keeps deleting....maybe it is because I am deleting it out of my upload center......

Hmm...

yeah anyway the exact time on the image is 4:19 pm 8/5/06 in Colorado......it was this last Saturday......I was shooting the image almost at a straight up angle.....

No....after the object started to move we tracked it for about 3 or 4 minutes...then the Groom came outside and I had to start photographing him....We lost track of it after that....so I don't know if it zoomed away...disappeared or what.....

[edit on 7-8-2006 by AirZeroX]

top topics

join