It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror: War on Gays in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If this reminder of reality on the Iraqi streets isn't the perfect example of terrorism out of control, I don't know what is.

Gay Iraqis are being terrorized and murdered, paraded through the streets dead as being throughly immoral and deserving of this punishment. It reminds me of Hitler's holocaust machine. Jews weren't the only innocent victims of that war. Homosexuals and Gypsies also bore the brunt of their fanatic hatreds.

This is just sick. Since we, Americans, are holding occupation, we should be doing something about this. After all, are we not promoting Democracy?

Yeah, I know, good luck.

Iraqi law codifies this brutal treatment.

What surprises me, having been there, is that there are any on-the-record homosexuals. That is not an area of the world I would expect to hear any kind of personal implication.

Gays Flee Iraq as Shia Death Squads Find a New Target
Evidence shows increase in number of executions as homosexuals plead for asylum in Britain

by Jennifer Copestake

Hardline Islamic insurgent groups in Iraq are targeting a new type of victim with the full protection of Iraqi law, The Observer can reveal. The country is seeing a sudden escalation of brutal attacks on what are being called the 'immorals' - homosexual men and children as young as 11 who have been forced into same-sex prostitution.

There is growing evidence that Shia militias have been killing men suspected of being gay and children who have been sold to criminal gangs to be sexually abused. The threat has led to a rapid increase in the numbers of Iraqi homosexuals now seeking asylum in the UK because it has become impossible for them to live safely in their own country.
www.commondreams.org...

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 6-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's horrible and sick.

Why exactly did we let them have there own government, when this kind of stuff would likely happen?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey the only reason we don't see that kind of treatment here in the US is because laws . . . but it doesn't said that it has to be tolerated.

All you have to do is look at the people that has no problem with their opinions and public display of hatred toward anybody that is not like them, then they use religion for exoneration and personal gain and to excused the inexcusable.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
what's so horrible and sick about it? just beacuse their gay? i hate how if a person kills another person just for no reason, it's only a crime....but if a person kills another person because they dont like that person it's a HATE crime.

news flash these radicals have been killing people and parading their dead bodies around town in defiance long before this new supposed wave of "hate" killings, this is nothing new in iraq.

i'm tired of people having extra sympathy for victims of supposed "hate" crimes. all crimes are hate crimes becuase hate usually drives someone to commit a crime against someone else.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This has happened because by deposing Hussein we let the shiites loose. That is exactly the cause of this, pure and simple.

[edit on 6/8/06 by SteveR]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
This has happened because by deposing Hussein we let the shiites loose. That is exactly the cause of this, pure and simple.

[edit on 6/8/06 by SteveR]

Its true. But what did Saddam think of homosexuals? I wonder what his policy with them was.

Probly not much better treatment.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think the Sunni policy and attitude is far more liberal and moderate than Shiite, which was reflected in his equal rights for women and western clothing. All of that is being turned on it's head now. By invading Iraq all we really did was encourage muslim fundamentalism. This is the irony you're never told.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Absolutely correct. The upshot is that thousands of American lives and billions of American dollars are going to buy us exactly what Iran wants: a Shi'ite Iraq operating under Sharia (Islamic law
a fundamentalist theocracy that will be anti-Israel and anti-American, and happily play host to Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, and any other terrorists du jour.

Nice job, Bush administration!
and now you also get dead homosexuals, which is kind-of like the cherry on top of the sundae for y'all, isn't it?

Baack

[edit on 8/7/06 by Baack]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baack
Nice job, Bush administration!
and now you also get dead homosexuals, which is kind-of like the cherry on top of the sundae for y'all, isn't it?

Baack

[edit on 8/7/06 by Baack]

why not just get them to imergrate to the united states?
since almost all people in the middle east despise gays (its against islam)
unlike christianity gays arent welcome so easily

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
bodrul
It would happen in the west too if "Fundamental Christians" could decide...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
bodrul
It would happen in the west too if "Fundamental Christians" could decide...

Oh yes.... we say alot of homosexuals burned at the stake dont we?

Ever hear...hate the sin, not the sinner?

not that it matters because I dont believe in my heart that my God or Jesus Christ would condemn someone for being gay.

Remember that Jesus loves us all and has vast understanding and acceptance....

Do you really think that true love would be so offensive to God even if it was between two people of the same sex?

please remember some "opinions" in the bible are just that...opinions...

Have faith in God and his understanding....

We are his creations....He understands us....

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ok, did i say I was a fundamental christian, or a christian at all? Or that all christians want that... or that bible says that?
I'm a Habit Lutherian, meaning i go to church only for weddings and funerals..
mostly i class my self as agnostic

But i happen to know some fundamental christian groups that would be happy to classify homosexuality as a disease or crime again...

Personally, i have nothing against gays (ok i do hate 1 single gay, but for reasons that have nothing to with him being gay
)

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I doubt Saddam's mostly secular Baathist regime was anywhere near as hard on gays as the Islamist types that have the upper hand now. I think it's interesting (and awful) that boys forced into prostitution are targeted while their pimps and clients apparently are not.

This is revealing about the psychological underpinnings of sexual repression in fundamentalist cultures. In highly misogynistic cultures, adult homosexuality is condemned, while pederasty is generally winked at - at least for the active partner. The objection is not so much to "homosexuality" per se, but to males "taking on the role of women" - thus a man raping an 11 year old boy is acceptable, and yet the boy is considered guilty.

This is a pattern that seems consistent historically, pederasty seems to flourish where misogyny is the rule, wheras homosexual relations between adult males are condemned.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
And what gives us the right to judge them? if they want to shoot their gays, let them do so.

Last month the History Channel had a documentary about the Spartans. They were presented as great people. Yet these people killed their less capable offsprings.

Every ethnic group is entitled to behave in whatever way the like, inside their territory.

I do not see any reason why should we care so much about them.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
And what gives us the right to judge them? if they want to shoot their gays, let them do so.

Last month the History Channel had a documentary about the Spartans. They were presented as great people. Yet these people killed their less capable offsprings.

Every ethnic group is entitled to behave in whatever way the like, inside their territory.

Because it's not right.
There is never a reason to kill someone, unless it's in war,
and it's an enemy combatant.

The spartans live over a millenia ago, and socieities in general
were'nt very free, not to say there were'nt some that were.

I don't care who you are, what ethnic group you are from or what
country you live in, you don't kill someone because they're different
than you, or go against your religion.

It's because your suppose to care about your fellow person,
regardless of who they are, or where they're from.
It's attitudes like that yours make me sick to even call myself human.

EDIT:
Fixed spelling.

[edit on 8/8/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yup, I agree there. It's our problem too, humanity as a whole that is.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Originally posted by masterp
And what gives us the right to judge them? if they want to shoot their gays, let them do so....
(Snip)

Because it's not right.
There is never a reason to kill someone, unless it's in war,
and it's an enemy combatant.

It's because your suppose to care about your fellow person... (snip)

Bravo! Well said.

It's been for far too long a time that unacceptable behavior by certain countries has been tolerated "because it's their culture." Philip K. Dick once observed that the authentic human being "balks at doing evil." No matter what their culture, people have a hardwired sense of right and wrong. Killing other humans for sport, and let's face it, that's what these sick bastards are doing, is WRONG. And no amount of "religious" arm-waving mumbo-jumbo can make it right.

And we're not allowed to ignore it, once we're made aware of what's going on.

Baack

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sadly this does not surprise me. I wondered if we would see more of the "taliban" style rule showing up in certain districts once they based their government on Islam. That said...

I think we need more information on this to find out if it is happening.
I vote we send all the log cabin republicans over there in gay pride t-shirts to give us a first hand account.

I mean they support the current administration so much, let them go check this one out. Maybe we can even send them a little military cover with all the children of the republican senators and congressman who have signed up for the war their parents supported. Like maybe the Bush twins???

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
nobody HAS to care about anybody. its your choice weather or not you care about someone. so what if they are killing gays, it's their country and their religion.

the reason they are killing them is because they dont accept them as "men".

look people are getting killed and dyin every day in iraq, what makes these gays so special? cuase their gay? they are no different from anyone else and if they die thats the way of life. have you people forgot there's a war going on?

honestly people who care so much about other people, while they may be honorable, are fools. life doesn't give u rewards for taking care of everyone else. life rewards u for taking care of yourself.

life is full so so much sufferieng and violence...this is the way it is and probly the way it will be until we truley do reach some kind of "end times" and only 5% of humanity remains alive on the planet. if u wanna take the route and let your heart bleed for every tragic story there is, you might as well curl up in a ball and die ebcause the overwhealming sadness of life will kill u anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
nobody HAS to care about anybody. its your choice weather or
not you care about someone. so what if they are killing gays,
it's their country and their religion.

You're right, nobody has to, but they should.
I don't care who's country it is, it should'nt be allowed.
And as for there religion, well any religion that tolerates and/or
promotes hatred and killing is wrong, and should be destroyed.

the reason they are killing them is because they dont
accept them as "men".

That does'nt justify them killing.

look people are getting killed and dyin every day in iraq,
what makes these gays so special? cuase their gay? they are
no different from anyone else and if they die thats the way of life.
have you people forgot there's a war going on?

No one said the gay people were special, it just happens to be a
group that has come under attack by that countries government.
And it is sad that people, regardless of who they are, are dieing.
It does'nt matter if there's a wwar or not, that does'nt justify
killing innocent people just because you don't approve of them.

honestly people who care so much about other people,
while they may be honorable, are fools. life doesn't give u rewards
for taking care of everyone else. life rewards u for taking care
of yourself.

I'm no fool, I realise that theres no physical or monetary reward.
I don't expect to be rewarded for caring about others.
And life does'nt always reward you for taking care of yourself.

life is full so so much sufferieng and violence...this is the way it is

Yes, but it's not the way it has to be.

if u wanna take the route and let your heart bleed for every tragic
story there is, you might as well curl up in a ball and die ebcause
the overwhealming sadness of life will kill u anyway.

Or one could take charge, and force humanity to change.

[edit on 8/9/2006 by iori_komei]

<<   2 >>

join