It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary's tears = Olive Oil!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was watching a show on cable today about some shrine made in dedication to a little girl named?Anna? Anyway oil was said to come out as tears from Mary and when tested I expected it to be a unknown oil or substance but it came outto be olive oil. It really bugged me since it seems obvious that oil would be used as hoax since it will stay present givin that it won't be to heavy and run off since oils don't evaporate.

My dad once told me when he was in the Air Force they went to Flordia to a craying mary picture and under testing there was no explanation. I believe this was maybe Clark Gables? Unless I am thinking of that stone place where there are no explanation for which I think he went to around the same time.

So is there any cut and dry cases of no explanation?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'd say hoax, just like the rest, the ones where she cries "blood" and then there are the hindu hoaxes I don't know the gods name but its the elephant one with extra arms, they had it drinking milk and one that cried...

they rigged the statuettes

as for drinking the milk it was just an illusion you'd put a spoonful up to its trunk and it looked like it drank it when really the milk clung to his snout and ran around the sides...

gimmicks really

which goes into the yogis who would levitate while holding a really long staff.

it had a perch on it and they wore long robes so you couldnt tell.

so much for magic eh?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
And you don't think that it's a miracle that OLIVE OIL would eminate from the eye sockets of a statue of Mary? Well, doubter, if you were to analyze that Olive Oil, you would, undoubtably, discover that it was EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil. Do you really need more proof of the miraculous nature of the workings of the Divine?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ya know, I never considered that.
I now understand, thank you for opening my eyes. All hail the Extra Virgin Mary!

much love,
lyssie

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Actually the "branding potential" of "Mary's Extra Virgin" olive oil is astounding. Just think of the sales revenue that could be had from devout cooks everywhere seeking to ressurect a bland or, otherwise, lifeless salad? Has the Vatican even considered this possible new revenue source?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Replacement for milk for my:

top topics

join