It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safety a Racial Priviledge in Israel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Heres one link I found by using HEZBOLLAH WARNING ROCKET ATTACK as the keywords.

It's also from Haaretz

Hezbollah said Friday that Israel should expect an attack on Haifa at any time.

Haaretz

That was the first link I clicked.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Did they?
Did they warn Israel?
Maybe I'm wrong.
I'll have to check it out.

Hezbollah have been pretty forthright in their statements, clearly saying what will happen if Israel did this or that.

Not that I am condoning random barrages of cities.

Todays attack on the reservists was legitimate and to be honest, I think Hez should concentrate their Katushya barrages on the IDF positions massing on the border.

Would be alot more productive in a strategic sense and could end the war

Nice logic...
Israel should tell Lebanon that every attack will be followed by the levelling of an village...It will be absolutly clear...
As for the today's attack - soldiers are legitimate target...how pitty they were in the cemetry when the missile struck them...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
Nice logic...
Israel should tell Lebanon that every attack will be followed by the levelling of an village...It will be absolutly clear...
As for the today's attack - soldiers are legitimate target...how pitty they were in the cemetry when the missile struck them...

Well, they have been levelling villages anyway, haven't they?

Anyway, what exactly was wrong with my logic?

All I said was Hezbollah could get more bang for the buck if they stopped attacking Haifa and other towns, instead concentrating the barrages on the IDF formations that we see on the news all day.

Whats wrong with that? Seems perfectly logical to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Heres one link I found by using HEZBOLLAH WARNING ROCKET ATTACK as the keywords.

It's also from Haaretz

Hezbollah said Friday that Israel should expect an attack on Haifa at any time.

Haaretz

That was the first link I clicked.

This is to say thet the Qana bombing was the same... if I understand you right...
After all Israel told them that they will attack them???

Or the targeting of the civilan area without any military presence is alright with you?Because if it is you should know what I think about you (I was warned last time I said it here...but it felt good)...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This is to say thet the Qana bombing was the same... if I understand you right...
After all Israel told them that they will attack them???

Or the targeting of the civilan area without any military presence is alright with you?Because if it is you should know what I think about you (I was warned last time I said it here...but it felt good)...

Do you willfully ignore what I write or are you just stupid?

On the other thread where you made no sense, the post of mine you replied to implicitly said I do not condone attacks on civilians targets and Hezbollah should instead fire at the IDF formations.

Jezz, stop with the idioacy and engage the brain.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Nice logic...

Well, they have been levelling villages anyway, haven't they?

Anyway, what exactly was wrong with my logic?

All I said was Hezbollah could get more bang for the buck if they stopped attacking Haifa and other towns, instead concentrating the barrages on the IDF formations that we see on the news all day.

Whats wrong with that? Seems perfectly logical to me.

With this kind of logic...nothing wrong...
But if they do it they will stop been terrorists...And surely the results will be less horrific...you know that the military knows how to protect themselves...And if they stop hiding in the lebanease populated areas and start wearing uniforms maybe I'll call them soldiers...
It's too much to ask...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
This was just on BBC Radio 4.

An Israeli Arab was just describing how his town of 4,000 Israeli Arabs is not provided with a siren but the nearby (smaller) Israeli Jewish settlement is.
If the Arabs are lucky and the wind is blowing in the right direction they get some warning of rocket strikes, if not they get no warning.

Also the instructions of the 'home front defence organisation' are only issued in Hebrew and as most arabs don't read Hebrew they're, effectively, not provided with any safety instructions.

Anyone have any first-hand experience of this situation? - it seems inexcusable to ignore the safety of a significant proportion of your own population.

The town I live in doesn't have a tornado siran, yet most cities around me do, and given I am in the area at the right time I get to hear those sirans go off so I know "Hey, twisters commin" But I bet your wondering why my town, being larger then the other suberbs doesnt have one, well because we are a bunch of cheapasses and never bought one. Take that back, we have them we are just so cheap we turned em off. Why doesnt the Arab towne have one in a government much like our own? They didn't put one there thats why.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

But if they do it they will stop been terrorists...And surely the results will be less horrific...you know that the military knows how to protect themselves...And if they stop hiding in the lebanease populated areas and start wearing uniforms maybe I'll call them soldiers...
It's too much to ask...

From what I've seen of Hezbollah, they do have uniforms. They do also fire from within populated areas, but this isn't forbidden, just morally dodgy.

As I said, I support niether side and look at this objectively. I am quite happy to criticise Hezbollah as much as the IDF

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's too much to ask...

From what I've seen of Hezbollah, they do have uniforms. They do also fire from within populated areas, but this isn't forbidden, just morally dodgy.

As I said, I support niether side and look at this objectively. I am quite happy to criticise Hezbollah as much as the IDF

there is a link with Hizballah fighters in populated area in this same site...feel free to tell witch one is their uniform...
As for the firing from civilian area...acording to the Geneva Convention it makes the area a legitimate target...But when people die even when there is a footage of the military activity only Israel is blamed...after all Hizballah have a right to shoot from civilan areas?!?!?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But when people die even when there is a footage of the military activity only Israel is blamed...

Could it be because for all it's military might, superior technology, superior training, precision guided missiles linked to GPS, laser guided bombs and what-have-you, they still "miss"?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

But when people die even when there is a footage of the military activity only Israel is blamed...

Could it be because for all it's military might, superior technology, superior training, precision guided missiles linked to GPS, laser guided bombs and what-have-you, they still "miss"?

maybe...my view is that they have to stop wasting money (one guided bomb is 10k $ at least) and do it like it was done in the WWII or even Gulf War(only 5 % were guided munitions...200 000 civilians died)...They can also take example from the russians - they just leveled Grozny (I know the world was really mad at the russians about this one and espacially the europeans stopped buying oil and gas from Russia - boycott you know)...

But that was to be if Israel were not rich Western country,recieving 2.4 billion $ financial help from USA...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

there is a link with Hizballah fighters in populated area in this same site...feel free to tell witch one is their uniform...
As for the firing from civilian area...acording to the Geneva Convention it makes the area a legitimate target...But when people die even when there is a footage of the military activity only Israel is blamed

yes, and in that same thread there are alot of questions over wether they are Hezbollah at all.

Pics I have seen of Hezbollah on the BBC show men in uniform, body armour etc..

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You may find this interesting. He also has a heap of other articles on his web site that are worth checking out. He is a British journalist living in an Arab city in Israel
article by jonathon cook
Jonathon Cook web site
It is not just that there isn't enough sirens there are not enough bomb shelters in the Arab areas and there have been a lot of military installations based near to Arab settlements. So Israelis also use human shields.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by money order
there have been a lot of military installations based near to Arab settlements. So Israelis also use human shields.

Well now isnt that interesting! Thank you for bringing up that very salient point!

Building military installations near innocent (Arab) civilians. Not only is Israel conducting a tactic which is criticises Hezbollah over, it has expanded it to only jeapordize innocent non-Jewish Israelis. I suppose if whenever those installations are targeted and the inevitable civilian casualties occur Israel can point to it as those bloodthirsty Arabs are targetting Israeli civilians including their own kind! All without having to actually lose some citizens of importance (to an Israeli point of view).

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer
I want to tell you a faw intresting facts:

Stop your pathetic and sick propaganda campaign here at ATS, that’s the single reason for you being here. When a topic negatively illustrates Israeli matters you, and a few others, start right away counterattacking Arab [citizens]. I'd like to see you commenting on what's been showed by the thread starter, the movie in this case. Personally, and I believe the majority, is not really interested in what your feelings are towards Arabs, but rather what your opinion is on this video.

Your ignorant statements already proven you to see Israeli Arabs not as equally human beings. Kind of ironic huh. You should think people would learn from history, or rather, learn from what happened to your [own] people back in the 1940s. Obviously, you are one of the few that hasn't learned lessons from history.

Arabs living in Israel are generally treated as second rate citizens.
Just an example:

The housing fair that took place in the north last Sunday was aimed at attracting new residents to towns in the Galilee. But it turns out that not all Israeli citizens are welcome in these "community villages." Haaretz reporter David Ratner, who was present at the fair, received the impression that the welcoming approach of agents from the Misgav Regional Council suddenly disappears when the applicant is an Arab citizen - even if he is a doctor and department chair at Poriya Hospital, a factory owner or a journalist.

The result is that the 29 community villages of the Misgav Regional Council do not contain even a single Arab resident. Council head Erez Kreisler says that Arabs do not apply, because they know that there is no "cultural infrastructure" for their absorption. It is possible that he is right and that Arabs are reluctant to apply for places in a community village whose other residents are all Jews. But it is more likely that this reluctance stems from a recognition of reality.

Iman and Adel Ka'adan, who petitioned the High Court of Justice in 1995 because the community village of Katzir refused to accept them , are still not living there, even though the court ruled back in 2000 that they must be allowed to do so. Kreisler says that the court approved these communities' admission criteria and he stands by his right to pick and choose new residents, relying on regulations that allow such communities to examine whether residents would be socially suitable. Even if one accepts his argument, it is hard to believe that other Arabs, "socially suited" to life in Misgav's community villages, have not been found by this time.

Full story

Besides, lately I saw an Israeli Arab family on CNN begging for a shelter. Quite remarkably that the government has shelters everywhere except in the Arab neighborhoods. But hey, Israeli Arabs are being treated equally isn't it?

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I am just telling the truth , Just beacus I makes me sick that a faw people want to belive in lies ...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I am just telling the truth , Just beacus I makes me sick that a faw people want to belive in lies ...

Ok, here we go again. You continue to ignore the topic subject. What lies are being told in the video? Is it an Arab propaganda production? What's untrue about it?

Really, you cannot get any better proving evidence.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I would just like to suggest to Jewish_hammer another thread relating to himself. Israel Backed By Army of Cyber-Soldiers

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

You are telling your version of the truth through the eyes of the child.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Interesting guys, thanks for the links.

From those it does appear to be a widespread Israeli policy to make safety a racial priviledge among their own citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join