It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safety a Racial Priviledge in Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This was just on BBC Radio 4.

An Israeli Arab was just describing how his town of 4,000 Israeli Arabs is not provided with a siren but the nearby (smaller) Israeli Jewish settlement is.
If the Arabs are lucky and the wind is blowing in the right direction they get some warning of rocket strikes, if not they get no warning.

Also the instructions of the 'home front defence organisation' are only issued in Hebrew and as most arabs don't read Hebrew they're, effectively, not provided with any safety instructions.

Anyone have any first-hand experience of this situation? - it seems inexcusable to ignore the safety of a significant proportion of your own population.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
How can you be surprised at this? It seems more and more obvious that they seem to think Arabs are, what's the word again? Untermeschen? Is that how you spell it?

Anyway I found this vid while looking for Armin Van Buuren's latest A State of Trance episode --

The Video the Israel's IDF Didn't Want the World to See

Pay attention to the comments of the IDF soldier with glasses. Makes me shiver. :shk:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hmm very interesting - the IDF can censor reporting of its own actions

Hats off to the brave journos who broke the embargo

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I cant seem to get the video to play properly...

What did the dude say?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
When asked why he is there (the refugee village), he answered something along the lines of "purification maybe, it's so dirty here".

Can anyone say "Master Race"?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I heard they had an Israeli holiday and "Forgot" to reconnect the sirens after they disconnected them.

Dunno if anyone noticed it or not, but they actually put the Arabs that were killed in the newspapers. How when it suits them, its usually just arabs in suicide outfits but because they died from hezbollah its fitting for them to put their pictures up. You never see pictures of Palestinians that died by the hands of Israelis in their newspapers.

Pie

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not surprised in the slightest, Israel is an apartheid society. I wonder if Israeli Arabs are allowed in the Israeli bunkers? If they're not allowed to drive on the Jew-only roads I would not be surprised if they were forced to take their chances outside of the public shelters.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I do remember when the first Gulf War broke and the Scuds were falling on Israel there was a very good explanetion to this one...All the pre 1956 buildings in Israel don't have bunkers...The law of that same year states that every new building must have one...And the other aspect was that in the arab villiges only the public buildings have bunkers...why?...because arabs don't follow the law( their explanation is usually "not enough money")...and build houses without arhitecture plan and aproval...

Anyway...I'm ready to give you an example of every western country that have some sort of discrimanation against poor neighbourhoods...not enough bunkers,street light,police patrols...
Yes...the jews are without any doubt most guilty...in the most cases the only ones that are guilty...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I want to tell you a faw intresting facts:

1.The Israeli arabs don't go to the army.and yet the still get the same,high level of living as I do.
the annoying part is that by time whan I get out of army (whan I will be 21) The averege arab gonna have his 1st degree finished. so they don't have to eat # for 3 years, while I do.

2. In alot of cases,it was absalutly prooven that The Israeli arabs helped Terrorists to get to theire destination within israel , and make thiere eveil terror attacks,killing innocent man women and children.

3. They also get the same high level of living,most of them are jobless,beacus of choise.
so they would go on and ask for un employment fund ( dunno how it is called in europe)

4. Also in alot of Jewish settelments in the size as described above ( around 4k people) don't have any kind of sirens......

5.Need I to remind you that The FATHER of the two dead arab children,that ware killed in a rocket blast,( a rocket sent by hiz.) said that they are SHAHIDS ! and that it was ALLAHS wish. what kind of a people will say that?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'd also like to add that most of them are Israeli as Turks are german....

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Jewish_hammer,
the people above told you that you are living in apartheid state...Why you cry?
In a state that the military service is manditory the ones that are not obliged to be soldiers are the "higher class"

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What kind of warning/safety systems are in place for the Jewish communities of Lebanon?

For that matter, what are the warning systems in place for the Majority populations of Lebanon?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
For that matter, what are the warning systems in place for the Majority populations of Lebanon?

That would be flyer drops by the IAF. Confusing flyers.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks Beachcoma,

So Israel is actually warning the citizens of Lebanon, before miltary activities are taking place.
Maybe Hezzbollah should consider an early warning system for Israel citizens.
You know, to have them clear out, before their rockets are launched against all those
military targets they are after.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer

1.The Israeli arabs don't go to the army.and yet the still get the same,high level of living as I do.
the annoying part is that by time whan I get out of army (whan I will be 21) The averege arab gonna have his 1st degree finished. so they don't have to eat # for 3 years, while I do.

But surely that is because they are not allowed to? Only Jews get called into the IDF don't they? Hardly worth bitching about the Arabs not serving if you don't let them?

As for the jobs remark, isn't that down to the segregation you subject them too? You make life so much harder for non-Jews within Israel it's hardly surprising they are jobless. Much akin to the situation in France last year and anywhere else that penalises minorities

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Maybe Hezzbollah should consider an early warning system for Israel citizens.
You know, to have them clear our, before their rockets are launched against all those
military targets they are after.

Didn't they already do that? Before their rocket barrage on Haifa? Must've fell down the memory hole...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Did they?
Did they warn Israel?
Maybe I'm wrong.
I'll have to check it out.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Did they?
Did they warn Israel?
Maybe I'm wrong.

Hezbollah have been pretty forthright in their statements, clearly saying what will happen if Israel did this or that.

Not that I am condoning random barrages of cities.

Todays attack on the reservists was legitimate and to be honest, I think Hez should concentrate their Katushya barrages on the IDF positions massing on the border.

Would be alot more productive in a strategic sense and could end the war

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Did they?
Did they warn Israel?
Maybe I'm wrong.

I do recall something to that effect. But with all the mud and poo being slung by both sides, it's been submerged. I can't even quite figure out what keywords to use to search for it.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Jewish_hammer

But surely that is because they are not allowed to? Only Jews get called into the IDF don't they? Hardly worth bitching about the Arabs not serving if you don't let them?

As for the jobs remark, isn't that down to the segregation you subject them too? You make life so much harder for non-Jews within Israel it's hardly surprising they are jobless. Much akin to the situation in France last year and anywhere else that penalises minorities

on the joblees issue I think you are right...but for the army not at all...It is true IDF don't call arabs to military service...but they can serve just like the druze and christian arabs serve (the vast majority,and really small portion of the muslim population serve too)...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join