It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp: A Skinwalker question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey George,

Thanks for answering my first question. I was deciding what to make my second one and finally decided I'd go all skinwalker on ya.

Anyhoo this is actually a question that I had posted earlier for possible inclusion in the original interview, which in the end was not used. But I'm still curious so figured I'd resubmit it direct like considering your now trapped in here with the rest of us.

The question is prompted by this piece of your original skinwalker article:

On the day the Gormans moved their furnishings onto the property, they had their first foreshadowing of the events that would follow. They spotted an extremely large wolf out in the pasture. The wolf cautiously made its way across the field, and, to the surprise of everyone, sidled up to the family, acting like it was a familiar pet. It had rained that day, and the family remembers the wolf smelled like a wet dog as they were petting it.

After a few minutes, the wolf strolled over to the corral and grabbed a calf by its snout, attempting to pull it through the corral bars. Gorman and his father began beating on the wolf's back with sticks but it wouldn't release the calf. Gorman grabbed a .357 Magnum from his truck and shot the wolf at point-blank range. The slug had no noticeable effect.

Gorman pumped another bullet into the wolf, which then let go of the calf but stood looking at the family as if nothing had happened. Gorman shot it two more times with the powerful handgun. The big animal backed off a bit, but showed no signs of distress, not even any blood.

The mystified rancher retrieved a hunting rifle and shot the wolf again, once more at close range. Gorman is not only an experienced marksman but a big-game hunter of considerable repute. Five slugs should have been enough to bring down an elk, let alone a wolf. The fifth shot caused a chunk of hair and flesh to fly off the wolf, but it still didn't seem fazed. After a sixth shot, the wolf casually trotted across the field into a muddy thicket. Gorman and his father tracked the beast for about a mile, following its pawprints through the mud, but the tracks suddenly ended, as if the wolf had simply vanished into thin air.

Now I know that neither you nor NIDS were there at the time, but I would think this incident prompted some sort of investigation by NIDS when they heard the story so my question is this:

Assuming that there was some form of inter-dimensional activity going on at the time could the wolf like creature have been a physical manifestation of something from a higher or lower dimension? By higher or lower I do not mean dimension in the sense of angels and demons but simply a parralel reality existing at a different frequency than our own. If we are to assume that these realities exist how would something manifest here and what would it look and behave like? So I guess my basic question is could this for lack of a better term been a "test" of some sort or an attempt at communication (for lack of a better term) that went wrong?

Just to clarify I'm not talking about a parallel universe but a co-existing dimension within this universe/reality ala M-Theory.

Did NIDS research reveal anything about this and other similar events and what is your personal opinion of what was going on during the high activity points.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Thanks in advance,

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Sorry to admit it, but I don't have an answer for your question. Colm Kelleher and I tried to list all of the possible explanations for the events at the ranch. The appearance of strange creatures like the wolf, Sasquatch-type beings, the creature that crawled out of the tunnel of light, the muscular hyena with the bushy tail, the tropical birds, the "Predator" being, and other manifestations are pretty damned hard to explain. We considered the interdimensional aspect, but it's really just guesswork on our part based on current models of physical reality. Were they from a higher or lower dimension? Who knows? We sure don't. Your idea about a parallel, co-existing reality is intriguing but isn't something we can prove one way or another.

The Irish have a saying about "places where the world is thin." I think that comes pretty close to what's going on with the ranch. It seems to be a place where various levels of reality intersect. Animals and other beings pop in and out of our particular reality at unpredictable intervals and for reasons we don't understand. The ranch seems to be a cosmic or dimensional portal, a freeway interchange of sorts. I personally believe these intrusions into our reality have a purpose and that some other intelligence is leading us down a path toward a new understanding of the true structure of reality. As strange as it got, it seems like these were only baby steps and that whoever is calling the shots is taking their time with us. This could be one heck of a long learning curve.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It seems to be a place where various levels of reality intersect. Animals and other beings pop in and out of our particular reality at unpredictable intervals and for reasons we don't understand. The ranch seems to be a cosmic or dimensional portal, a freeway interchange of sorts. I personally believe these intrusions into our reality have a purpose and that some other intelligence is leading us down a path toward a new understanding of the true structure of reality. As strange as it got, it seems like these were only baby steps and that whoever is calling the shots is taking their time with us. This could be one heck of a long learning curve.

That's very interesting. Which of course does not disagree (for the most part) with a lot of the new theories regarding our universe and the existence of a multi-verse. Especially if you go with M-Theory or one of it's sisters.

If a large pile of odd socks is ever found on the ranch you could be close to solving one of the greatest laundry mysteries of all time.

I've been noodling a completly unscientific theory around for a long time that goes a little something like:

Perhaps we were at one time 2-dimensional beings living in a 2-dimensional universe. As these odd little 2D beings multiplied, grew and evolved the energy of the 2D universe began to build up until it hit critical mass and than BANG.

A big bang and voila we explode into a 3-Dimensional universe ( or perhaps a number of 3D universes), the one in which we live in now. As we - the pathetic little 3D creatures running around this universe - continue to multiply, grow and evolve we too will eventually reach critical mass and then perhaps boom or bang 4-D universe.

I don't rightly know what would happen to us or what the effect would be and it is a completely unscientific theory but when I read about things like skinwalker I always come back to it.

Because if energy is building up and we are in fact evolving and beginning to move toward a new reality it would make sense that there are weak or "thin" points throughout our universe were "leakage" might occur.

I know what you're thinking and yes, I do drink far too much coffee.

Oh and of course what I know about quantum physics I learned mostly from Fantastic Four comic books. That sue richards is one spicy tomater.

Don't know if any of this makes sense but thanks for answering my question to the best of your knowledge.

Spiderj

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Tried to edit and add a link in my post but while it says I edited it didn't show the changes.

So, anyway forgot to add a link to a paper that talks about a Super Fluid universe which has some very interesting theories about our universe and the whole sub-atomic world.

Some of it is over my head for now but what I do understand I find very interesting and may in the end tie into all of this. So for anyone whose interested:

super-fluid-universe.8m.com...

Spiderj

Also I should add that I don't know anything about the guy who wrote the paper so he may be a complete whack job. But it seems to be pretty consistent with some recent articles I read in New Scientist.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Two comments to Spider:

One, make a commitment, man. Either try decaf or declare an allegiance to Espresso and never sleep again.

Two, I always thought that Sue Richards was the real brains of the Fantastic Four. (She ditched her wimpy. flaccid husband, by the way, and now owns the Spearmint Rhino Gentleman's Club here in LV.)

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeKnapp
Two comments to Spider:

One, make a commitment, man. Either try decaf or declare an allegiance to Espresso and never sleep again.

Two, I always thought that Sue Richards was the real brains of the Fantastic Four. (She ditched her wimpy. flaccid husband, by the way, and now owns the Spearmint Rhino Gentleman's Club here in LV.)

To answer your first question: Yes you're completely right, Espresso it is.

As for your second statement...I'm on my way, just gotta stop by the bank and withdraw a few thousand dollars in singles.

Spiderj

new topics

top topics

join