It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie alien video ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ha ha ha.

After a bad day at work I could have done with a laugh.

Thanks ATS....

Very Human proportions aint it. Why necessarily does a naked streaker in the middle of a field have to be an Alien?

There is more chance of it being Osama Bin Ladan in fancy dress than being an alien.

Must get the needle and thread my sides have split

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Funny, for some reason seeing that video I get a de ja vu.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just as a point of reference it's worth baring in mind that no animal, whether it be a goldfish, a human, an elephant wearing flop flops or anything else in nature moves in that way. Let me explain what I mean in a bit more detail and you'll get what I meant by the references to 'linear animation' and 'Bezier curves'.

The way everything moves follows certain rules, if you move your leg right now to start walking across the room naturally you'll notice if you analyse it that the acceleration (or force behind it and hence the movement itself) isn't linear. That’s to say that it doesn't move with equal force from start to finish.

There is an 'ease in and ease out' that is more of a Bezier curve than a straight line, and hence why Bezier curves are used in 99.9% of all realistic animations. No living thing moves with an equal force or speed in a movement (unless of course you're pretending to be Frankenstein’s monster or a robot for your kid. :lol

Its one dead give away for a badly (or rushed) animation of any character and particularly obvious in this footage. Some of you may say that an alien's biology is unknown to us and thus it’s at least possible that it would move like a cross between a badly animated game character and a robot. Unless its body was effectively a massive animatronic, it would still obey the same rules. Plus I can't seem to remember anyone describing and encounter with aliens by saying they walked like Frankenstein’s monster.

I have a feeling if we'd seen a longer section of footage of this 'alien' it'd all of a sudden become very apparent that it was a fake even to the least sceptical of us. For a very short section like this one its a heck of a lot easier to get away with bad animation / a bad rig / lack or any colour, texture or specularity maps than if it was say a minute long.

But feel free to totally ignore my point of view if you want, it just seems glaringly obvious to me.

Wayne...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is nothing in that video to suggest it is CGI. Have you guys seen "King Kong"? Weta spent 5 years making a big monkey that looks less real than that.

If it was "animated" with linear curves instead of bezier his arms and legs would instantly change direction in a very obvious jerky manner. Anyone that could create a model that detailed and matchmove and composite it so convincingly into the BG would certainly not spanner up the animation.

It is way more likely to be a guy (albeit one with very skinny arms) in a suit.

Cool footage though.

Oh yes.. why is it that the greys are always "sexless"?

[edit on 8-8-2006 by myowncrusade]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The arms can be explained away easilly, but not the legs.

The animation would have to be synched with the frames which is a difficult process, esspecially if this hoaxer did not have the skill to make a reasonable model.

the secret web, I invite you to make a similar video under similar circumstances and get it synced with a shaky camera.

You make some awesome models, if anyone could do it it would be you, so prove it to us that this can be done with modern animation software, I am out of the loop in 3D modeling since I focus on game content.

BTW, some dubious things in this video would be the lightning, it conveniently comes from the right but what is the light source? is there a UFO parked nearby? lol

[edit on 8/8/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This video reminds me of The Simpsons episode with Mulder and Scully. At one point Bart and Homer make a home video of the "alien" and it's shown on the news as a "Close encouter of the blurred kind".

This video is kinda creepy, but I don't for a minute think it is genuine

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why are all of these videos so short? I mean, if I saw a walking zombie alien moving around, I would record it as long as I could! Sure, you might go off running scared like a little girl, but then curiosity should settle in and you would want to know what the hell you were recording!

All of these films seem to be very short. I remember I did a google video search on ghosts one time and this one video of this guying screaming after he saw a little girl in the dark. I mean, why couldn't it be longer? I think the shorter the clip is, the more fake it probably is.

No, I am not talking about sitting down with the alien and having tea with them and recording it...I just want at LEAST a 1 minute film that is not dark and not blurry! So everyone can analyze it and say "you know what, this is probably real!" with no questions asked!

Someday...

[edit on 8-8-2006 by chapio]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I noticed that as well, but perhaps I wanted to just focus on running away lol.

I am not saying one way or the other, I honestly don't know if it's fake or real, we had on abductee admit it looks real so who knows.

I think i'll send George Noori a link on this vid if you don't mind.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
The arms can be explained away easilly, but not the legs.

The animation would have to be synched with the frames which is a difficult process, esspecially if this hoaxer did not have the skill to make a reasonable model.

the secret web, I invite you to make a similar video under similar circumstances and get it synced with a shaky camera.

You make some awesome models, if anyone could do it it would be you, so prove it to us that this can be done with modern animation software, I am out of the loop in 3D modeling since I focus on game content.

[edit on 8/8/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

Syncing isn't too hard especially with some of the advanced matchmoving app's out there at the moment as is removing or adding camera shake. The thing to remember is that modeling and animating a model are two entirely different skills. Not many people are good at both, some are excellent modellers but bad animators, others are amazing animators but terrible at modelling.

As I've got a bad case of CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) at the moment unfortunately I can't take you up on your offer right now, although you can trust I will once they are back to normal. (CTS means my hands aren't usuable for more than about 20 mins a day, the rest of teh time they are totally knumb.)

I actually have been playing around with the idea of producing a video that is fake (and making it clear as such straight away!) and then producing a complete breakdown of how it was made. I feel it would be useful for ATS users out of the 3D loop to see whats possible and how something like this can be put together.

The easiest way of animating any vaugely human figure ( and something that is a bit like cheating really) is to use motion capture data. As luck would have it for potential animators (or fakers either) there are a load of free mocap data available online that you can later edit yourself and apply to your model that will make it behave in a truely human way. My point is like anything in life, once you know how to do it the 'magic' is taken away a little. You stop seeing the end result in a film, and start noticing the techniques used to achieve it which usually spoils the experience.

Wayne...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Syncing or "matchmoving" to a grainy background plate with no discernable markers is a nightmare, even using a high end app made for the purpose.
I have yet to see a close up character animation that doesn't scream CGI, possibly excepting the new superman film.

There is for sure something unnatural in the way this thing moves, but I am inclined to believe it is because the poor surf kid doing the talent doesn't have a good "alien walking" point of reference.

I personally can't wait until we are so enlightened that clothes are not an issue ;-)

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
if any one ere has seen how they made the aliens in "aliens" you would know that inside that suit was a tall skinny african bloke. now u cant tell me he's arms wernt too skiny in that suit...but they were.
this is simply a suit and thats all it is it and a realy crapy hoax at that.
peace out!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Even if this was real, how would the maker know that its a zombie??

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
After watching it over 12 times and pausing I have noticed the head looks sort of too much human. It it also about the same size as a human too so then now I am going to proceed to look at the torso.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Its fake, I can see his pants in the picture at the top of the site. He also has male human muscle shapes so that makes it more fake.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And pausing to get a good view of his legs, the are moving at the knee.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I watched the video frame by frame.

i ll recommend u take a good look at his face while he is moving.

u can see the look of surprise in his face. i guess thats the point where he sees the filmer.

the whole movement of his face is too realistic to be cgi IMO.

anyways it COULD be a human in a costum, but again the shock-breathing of the filmer sounds non fake to me and i think its not easy to fake such long/ thin arms and legs.

If its fake its very well done.

are there any experts on getting more detail out of pictures here. i tried a lil with photoshop, but im sure it can be done better.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by scepsis]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its not a zombie or an alien... Its a goddamn CLONE!!!

peace...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
lol. great vid.

if you stop it at just the right place you can see actually boris karloff in the suit!!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here's a real alien video for ya!

Alien Video - Scary!!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbiClutch

lol. great vid.

if you stop it at just the right place you can see actually boris karloff in the suit!!

I thought it was Bella Logosi but your right Karlof was thinner

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join