It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oregon Vortex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I just watched a program about this on t.v. and it looks like a cool place to checkout if ever in Oregon.

The Famous Circular Area with its Unique Phenomena

The Oregon Vortex is an area of naturally occurring visual and perceptual phenomena, which can be captured on film. No matter your education or profession you will find a challenge to all your accepted theories.

www.oregonvortex.com...

Theres also a place in Michigan like this as well.

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is actually a very well designed optical illusion. It's almost the same as The Mystery Spot. I know for a fact that's it's a hoax. It's just built on a slant that's all, so your eyes trick you. I've been to the mystery spot a few years ago. It is an interesting place, well worth visiting. However, it does get dizzying at times.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Oh, and do check out the pics on the site. They're quite funny.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah, there's a place kinda like this in Utah. It's called "Gravity Hill". You can put your car in neutral and it looks like you're rolling uphill. It's just an optical illusion though.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
hmmmm they were also showing the tourist holding dowsing rods made of copper and they were spinning.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
hmmmm they were also showing the tourist holding dowsing rods made of copper and they were spinning.

You can do alot of things with pictures these days.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Notoohappy,

funny they have a similar place in New Brunswick in Canada called Magnetic Hill. I have been on it and it is also an optical illusion. You put your car in neutral and it appears you are rolling up hill but you are actually going down a grade.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If you've got $2 million USD it can be yours today!

www.seattledreamhomes.com...=308601&NF=1

[edit on 12/12/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
HAHA theres a place like this in six flags over texas. I was utterly fascinated as a child. Still am, it's pretty neat.

top topics

join