It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Poland's serect project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Who know the progress of PZL-230?
Who know the progress of another attacker/traner jet that is close to the PZL-230?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Im not too sure, but I think it was cancelled. Was a bit over ambitous from the outset. A country such as Poland is better off using their defence buget for importing aircraft from other countries.

Still a very attractive lookig aircraft.

External Image

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
But there must be another one which looks also using V tail fin. Not the PZL-230.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Theres the old 1950's Fouga Magister, 60's Potez-Heinkel CM.191 and the 1978 Fouga 90 but nothing else springs to mind.

There was the butterfly tailed Supermarine 505 naval fighter in the 1950's too but thats not what you after is it?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
:shk: No, none of aeroplane you mentioned is what I want, I know that is trainer jet not something else.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the PZL-230

or PZL-230F "SKORPION" was actually intended to meet the PAF requirement for a small agile battlefield attack aircraft(SABA)

from the info that i have a trainer version was not mentioned but could have been consider at the time

the development for the program began in around 87

a full scale mock up(external image give by Jensy) was built and unveiled in 92

the PZL-230F was to be a highly maneuverable but relatively slow aircraft, capable of evading advanced SAMs and carrying a 2,000-kg payload, a 25-mm GAU-12 or a podded 30-mm GAU-8

its first flight was to take place in 96 and production was to start in 2000, BUT
in 94 the program was terminated instead the PAF opted to develop a single seat attack version of the I-22

in 93 PZL unveiled a second advanced concept in the form of the PZL "KOBRA" powered two POLISH built D-18 thrust vector engines but that program was placed "on the shelf" also

top topics

join