It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Mission STS-28 DOD Classified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This is mission done by the DOD back in the 1990's we do not have much of anything about this mission, and believe it to be a coveruo for some type of alien mission.

www.answers.com...

Fourth mission dedicated to United States Department of Defense, and first flight of Columbia since mission STS-61-C. Due to the nature of this mission, details are classified. Believed to have deployed two satellites, possibly including one second-generation Satellite Data System relay.

It has been reported that STS-28 also deployed an Advanced KH-11 photo-reconnaissance satellite that used an all-digital imaging system to return pictures. The satellite was placed into a low earth orbit with a high-inclination to the equator to allow coverage of most of the Earth's surface. The KH-11 series is a digital imaging photo- reconnaissance satellite with both visual and infrared sensors.

Does anyone have information towards this or anythoughts at all?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I heard of someone running a demo of this satellite's capabilities a while back showing that
with the proper authorization codes, you could link to the satallite from any laptop and zoom in
anywhere with full infrared capabilities which could be used to locate individuals of interest within any structure.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
64.233.161.104...:4VJf-LrZP60J:www.satobs.org/seesat/Feb-1996/0018.html+STS-28+conversations&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefo x-a

>USA 40 has always been in mystery since its launch back in 1989. Shortly
>after launch in August 1989 the main payload of STS 28 Columbia began
>tumbling into space which was followed and confirmed by several observers
>over different countries. Together with another, smaller satellite(USA 41)
>it has never been understood what those satellites were but it is believed
>that the USA 40 satellite was a prototype of a KH12 imaging satellite and
>USA 41 was probably a small Elint satellite.

Oh yeah, during that trip to Houston I had a casual conversation with one
of the astronauts who flew on the STS-28 mission. We were talking about
practically everything under the sun, and he casually remarked that in all
of the speculation in the press about the STS-28 DoD payload he did not see
a single story which correctly identified the payload.

This suggests that the DOD payload was observed being put into space, but even the felt they did not know what was in the payload.

If it is a coverup, it is highly hidden, there is just not enough of anything right now to show any further movement to a solid answer.

Could the payload have a anytyoe of Alien contact abilities? or was the payload doing something with some type of space weapon?

Unexplained Mysteries

[edit on 6-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I was once told by a space physicist that one of the reasons the 'space shuttle' is so big and bulky as compared to what a 'space shuttle' could be, was so that it could launch very large satellites as required by the unpublic part of government. High-zoom optics and length/breadth are correlated features. Other than that anecdote, I got nothin.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The government does classified stuff all the time. Not that I don't believe in extraterrestrials, but you've got nothin to tie this classified shuttle mission to some sort of alien contact. Nothing.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by CaptainKirk]

top topics

join