It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's double standards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
We all know that Mexico thinks that we should not build the wall and we know they think we are too hard on illegals. Right there is a double standard. I bet few if any of you know mexico's immigration laws. Here are a few of them.

It is a felony to be an illegal and it comes with years of jail time if found out to be an illegal.

you can't move to mexico if you do not know spanish.

Foreigners can never vote, hold office or demonstrate against the mexican goverment.

Foreigners can't own waterfront property.

You can't be a burden to society if you immigrate.

You can't wave a foreign flag.

You can't move to mexico unless you are going to invest in the country.

I don't get why many people from mexico don't want a law saying english is the national language. If you immigrate here you assimilate here and that means they should learn english. If we were to adopt the same laws as mexico there would be a global outcry especially from mexico. If you think i'm wrong tell me.
I will find a link later i am lazy.

[edit on 5-8-2006 by spinstopshere]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The US has some similar immigration laws. But yeah, Mexico does tend to get alot more uptight about stuff like that. You certainly don't see any illegal immigrants rights campaigns there.

I suppose because Mexico enforces their immigration laws more strictly.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Some of those terms seem to be rather flexible or non-existant since there are plenty of wealthy U.S. americans that have residences in Mexico and do not meet all that criteria.

new topics

join