It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters using a Photoshopped Photo of Israel Bombing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Photo

Unsure myself, but would like to see what any photogs might know about this image. It looks like the smoke was cloned for effect. This story is starting to make the rounds on the
blogs.

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Mainer]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow.
That really looks like a bad job with the clone tool. What is up with that?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Yeah, uhm, that's really sloppy work.

It's the kind of fake that is either a.) done in a serious rush (like a 10 min job) or b.) done with the intention of getting caught

Nobody with a pair of eyes or half a brain could possibly think that would pass muster.

My bets are, in order of likelyhood -

1.) A lazy and stupid photo-journalist realized he was gonna miss his deadline, and had to whip this up in a flash. (the photo is credited to a fellow by the name of Adnan Hajj, in case anyone is interested in doing a little digging...)
2.) A calculated attempt to damage the reputation of the folks at Reuters.

Does my bet pay out twice if it's both?

[edit on 6-8-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You can see the identical holes in the smoke
Yes, either this was a serious rush job or someone wanted to get caught. Honestly, why didn't the guy just use the clouds overlay thing and then mask it to fit? Lower the opacity and tweak the colour and done! I tells you, this so damn funny. ROFL

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
With the advent of digital technology in video production, its hard to really trust anything you see on the television these days. It happens alot more than people realize from models to political ads. This is starting to become a serious issue IMO, especially if they are going to start using this technology to alter images and video which are used in 'news' broadcasts. The CIA has an entire branch devoted entirely to film and video production and, as we all know, the Bush administration just got out of some hot water for their pre-packaged 'news'.
Check out some of the images in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
They rescinded the photo:

Orig:

rescinded:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Nevermind, sorry ............. got screwed in my head somewhere in which pic was of what.

Thanx for the pic repost Mainer.

NN

[edit on 6-8-2006 by NoNik]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes, they did recend the photo. And the photographer is suspended.

It's also noteable that Adnan Hajj, the photographer who sent the altered image, was also the Reuters photographer behind many of the images from Qana – which have also been the subject of suspicions for being staged.

Its probably not related, but HAJJ is an alias of the the senior Hezbollah intelligence officer Imad Fayez Mugniyah.

Imad Fayez Mugniyah (born December 7, 1962) is a senior member of the Lebanese group Hezbollah. He is alternatively described as the head of its security section, a senior intelligence official and as a founder of the organization. He's widely believed to be heading the international branch of the Hezbollah. This discrepancy can be traced to the limited information known about him. He uses the alias of Hajj. Mugniyah is also included in the EU list of wanted terrorists.

[edit on 8/6/06 by makeitso]

top topics

join