It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous Extra-Terrestrial Signals being picked up by SETI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
...By the tons... Why are we hiding this?

When you think of all the people who kept watch over this organization for years now, this is just not fair... According to Steven Greer...

I dont know if this was posted before...

Why the ongoing lies???

Nature of contact- ET- Intelligent signals. Receiving signals were externally jammed by intelligent operation- thru electronic warfare.

WTH?????

Not known if signals have been decoded.

SETI denies it.

3 separate sources in SETI confirm it- but cannot go public or cannot give names.

What can we do??? Does everything have to be a lie???

[edit on 5-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The ramifications to the public would be massive. There are a great deal of reasons why the government will not or would not admit to signals. I have also heard the same things about these signals. However at this time nothing short of an actual landing on the white house lawn or in some public place will make them admit to anything.
For now, we keep reading and hoping they will let the info out.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I still have yet to read an official source claiming that SETI has received extraterrestrial signals. Just lots of rumors going around in my opinion...

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If SETI is gong to deny having gotten intelligent signals from space, why are people wasting fossil fuels in this endeavor. If I thought that for even one second, I'd pull the plug.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a participant in the SETI program.

[edit on 2006/8/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

...By the tons... Why are we hiding this?

When you think of all the people who kept watch over this organization for years now, this is just not fair... According to Steven Greer...

I dont know if this was posted before...

Why the ongoing lies???

Nature of contact- ET- Intelligent signals. Receiving signals were externally jammed by intelligent operation- thru electronic warfare.

What sources are reporting this?

3 separate sources in SETI confirm it- but cannot go public or cannot give names.

If they can not go public, nor have names, how do we (public) know?

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What is the source of this "news" ?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What is the source of this "news" ?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

If those whose names we can not know can not provide publicly this information, then those 3 sources in SETI have far from confirmed anything.

I would like to know where this information originated from that you present, please.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I looked up the origin of the claims.

Here are a couple links that describe the support/cause for this thread:

www.ufocasebook.com...

www.ufocasebook.com...

Here is a quote of supplied from the second link listed above:

On the July 30, 2006 "Coast to Coast AM" radio broadcast, Art Bell made the following announcement.
According to Dr. Steven Greer:

(paraphrased) We have confirmation that SETI has received signals "confirmed"as contact from an alien source. These multiple signals are increasing in number and frequency.

"Two inside sources from SETI" have confirmed this information. Efforts are being made to get one of the sources (a senior official) to go public with this information.

Since the beginning of the reception of these signals, a human force has attempted to "jam" these transmissions.

This statement was made by Dr. Greer as early as May of this year.

He has added that these signals are without a doubt "extraterrestrial."

SETI has denied that an extraterrestrial signal has been received.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There has already been a big discussion of this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SETI officially says no, but Greer is still insisting that there has been contact.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
More info, and a little about who Dr. Steven Greer is, or more to the point his point of view...

Links/Source:

www.alienvideo.net...

Update
August 2, 2006

The official SETI word? No.

In response to Dr. Steven Greer's claim that SETI has made alien contact & has subsequently done a cover-up of this extraterrestrial activity - SETI's own Seth Shostak went on Coast to Coast last night to harshly refute these claims.

"It's just a bit Silly George" Seth said, "Steven Greer apparently doesn't know much about SETI"

If you believe Greer's story, that this is a cover-up, then you might have expected official denial from SETI. After all, if the government, security agencies, and NASA are suppressing the truth about extraterrestrials, then you would presume SETI is under wraps and is nothing more than a public whitewash.

To break this now stalemate, it's up to Greer & his alleged SETI insiders to make a public statement. Greer has an upcoming radio show August 13, and will be making another appearance on Coast to Coast AM next September.

Will this SETI insider provide a statement? Or is this just a war of words between Greer & SETI, one that will never end with a conclusive answer?

www.alienvideo.net...

This is what Greer had to say at a recent Exopolitics Conference:

"We have confirmation - and I'm not going to give the name yet because we are trying to coax this guy out of the closet - but one of the senior people in the SETI project, which is the Carl Sagan Search for Extraterrestrial project, has confirmed to the Disclosure Project that they have received multiple extraterrestrial signals," Greer said.

"but that now they are getting external human, probably NRO or NSA jamming of those signals and they are getting very frustrated. "

Greer continued, "The question is why hasn't the SETI project, funded by Paul Alan the co-founder of Microsoft, come forward with this information? I'm a little uncomfortable even mentioning this, except for the fact that the public needs to know that this effort, which has received a great deal of mainstream media attention, has actually confirmed to us from two inside sources that they have received extraterrestrial signals and have confirmed them as being extraterrestrial and that they have become increasing in frequency and number."

Edited to Add:

Thanks ZoooMer

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The whole insider part of this makes this story lose cred straight up.

What would it take for this insider to go public - and would the public accept his word should he/she not have any physical proof?
Does that someone being a 'known' person make their story more credible...because they stand to lose...money/status?!?!? Come forth and speak. Let it be known.

It would be nice if this were true, definitely would change a few things.

From one of ET links
www.alienvideo.net...

Update: Claims made this weekend have sparked the attention of millions of space geeks & paranormal fans as an insider has allegedly revealed that SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) has received alien signals from space.

Wow I'm a space geek - I've longed for this day of understanding.

Anyhow,
Thanks for the post though

[edit on 6-8-2006 by one_small_step]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm guessing that SETI needs some attention and this is a good way to get it. Nothing like a conspiracy theory to get folks riled up.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Wow there sure seems to be a lot of interest in this, with new threads popping up. My thoughts on the matter can be found here:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
sorry dude this is already being addressed here ( www.abovetopsecret.com...' )

but its a lil shaky... greer is making big claims again... and while i really want to believe him his track record in making claims and then saying but i cant tell you who is getting a lil thin.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
How can SETI distinguish alien signals from crap in space?

Toc

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

I believe there is all sort of site/agencies/Company keeping track of satellite position, planes trajectories above the radars and all kind of tools helping them confirming it's an actual signal from a star or planet.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I do not have a link, But Dr. Steven Greer, was on Coast to Coast a couple of days ago and his "very reliable sources at SETI" tell him this.

BTW, You can listen to that particular show FOR FREE all day today. simply go to www.coasttocoastam.com and find the link where he appeared along with John Hogue and Nostradamus predictions. Greer is on first so you dont have to listen to the entire thing-

Dont take my word for it-

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Did anyone happen to download the show for free???

I have it and i can send it to anyone who would like to hear it.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

By using two or more recievers on Earth (the more the better) they can use mathmatics to triangulate the origin of the signal, and especially the distance. If the signal originates from somewhere we have nothing transmitting from, then odds are it is not us. But, they (SETI) are careful not to confuse possible natural forming patterns of radio waves with anything that could be manufactured. Funy word "manufactured". In their case i guess a signal would be alienfactured.

I'd like to put a patten on that word. I think i just made it, never heard it before.

alienfactured.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join