It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Connection between India and Peru??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
According to some recently investigated markings, found in India, there is a question as to if this happens to be similiar to what is found in the Peruvian Nazca Plain.

Peru link to Indian archaeological find?
By Harsh Kabra
Vadodara, Gujarat

news.bbc.co.uk...

This feature is shaped like the Roman numeral VI. Each arm of this feature is a trench that is about two metres wide, two metres deep and more than 100 metres long.

Man-made feature?

The Kutch region is host to several archaeological findings belonging to the Harappan civilisation (3000-1500 BC).

This has led to the speculation that this feature could be related to the Harappan civilisation.

Dr Karanth clarifies that it is too early to arrive at any conclusion.

"It could be a manmade feature or may have been formed naturally due to erosion of the hill slope along a fracture formed by the movement of earth's crust," he says.

"However structures formed naturally due to erosion generally tend to be parallel to each other. But here, all three arms are in different directions. Besides, all the ditches are almost uniformly wide and deep."

Astronomy

He says that one of the prominent explanations given for the Peruvian features is that they may have been constructed to make astronomical observations and calculations.

"The Tropic of Cancer passes through Kutch. So if this structure is man-made, it is likely that the slope of the hillock was utilised for making certain astronomical calculations in the past," explains the geologist.

Interestingly, there are numerous indications to suggest that Harappans were well-versed in astronomy.

The straight streets of that time were oriented in the cardinal directions - east, west, north and south.

Linkages between ancient Harappan scripts and latter Vedic texts also suggest that Harappan priest-astronomers tracked the progress of various planets and mapped the sky.

Dr Karanth has also discovered ruins of a fort-wall, houses, storage tank and a temple on the hilltop.

They may, he says, belong to the period of the Kathi Darbar, a warrior class from the Kathiawad region.

There is obviously more to investigate, but the idea that Peru was something unique, may be finding some company from the opposite side of the globe.

And I hope they will also followup on the Fort/Homes and Temple work that is being done. It would be interesting to see if these are all "RELATED".

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
According to some recently investigated markings, found in India, there is a question as to if this happens to be similiar to what is found in the Peruvian Nazca Plain.

...He says that one of the prominent explanations given for the Peruvian features is that they may have been constructed to make astronomical observations and calculations...

There is obviously more to investigate, but the idea that Peru was something unique, may be finding some company from the opposite side of the globe.

Interesting find, but I wouldn't go overboard on the Peru connection.

We have excellent evidence of who made the Nasca lines (the Nasca did it!) And they waaay post date the Harrapan Civilization, unless I misremember.

Plus, the similarity is only superficial at best. The Nasca lines were made by just scraping away a thin layer of soil that overlays the lighter colored gravels beneath. You can make one with your foot. Certainly not comparable to these trenches.

Also, while it might be true that "one of the prominent explanations " for the Nasca lines is astronomical alignments, the truth is there has been no correlation ever found that would indicate any such thing in Peru. It might seem to be so but the Nasca lines don't align with any astronomically significant things now or during the time they were made, beyond what would normally be expected from random chance given the large number of lines anyway.

So, these lines in India must then be the skid marks from three crashing vimanas, I'd guess!

Harte

[edit on 8/5/2006 by Harte]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Interesting find, but I wouldn't go overboard on the Peru connection.

You know me better than that my friend

And I am not noting this, outside of the text. Just making observation of the matter.

So, these lines in India must then be the skid marks from three crashing vimanas, I'd guess!

Harte

I think it is certainly interesting, and maybe, IF WE OPEN OUR EYE'S, we maybe able to locate other such things on this globe. (Maybe, Maybe not?)

But I do not think this was being suggested the link was related outside of the Marks themselves.

Unless of course, those guys who found a Passage in the Top of the Great Pyramid and the Tunnels traversing this globe under the Plateau is a true account

Have a good night Harte.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

join