It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bush critics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would like to point out that this is the Social Issues forum and that all threads need to try address the issues at hand from a sociological perspective.

Yes, the thread is about Bush and presidencies, but it also began by linking the world commodities market to the man at the top.

We can, of course, broaden out the discussion to include other relationships between presidents and world events, but the truth is that many threads on this board have already established that a lot of people don't like Bush and think he's never done anything right in his life.

Let's think Social Issues.

[edit on 2006/8/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Deleted due to posting in wrong forum.

[edit on 8/7/06 by Baack]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I always am fascinated by those who mock another man's service. Say what else you will about him, GW served as a jet jockey in the Air National Guard, which I might add was nothing to sneeze at during the Cold War, or even now when many our Reserve and National Guard troops are serving in harm's way.

Of course, now, the most logical question would be, What have you done to serve your country?[edit on 2006/8/7 by GradyPhilpott]

...while serving in the "Champagne Unit", so called because rich men can get their sons in it by making a simple call to their political contacts. Oh yeah, he was doing coc aine and womanizing while serving in that unit as well. Besides he was there to avoid Vietname. How does this make him a hero or put him in harm's way?

A recent MSNBC poll resulted in 87% of Americans saying they would like to impeach Bush. Gee, can 87% of the population be so screwed up that they're ALL wrong? I think not...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
sorry Grady, if I have gone off track.. I was only trying to address the thread from the authors points.

Lets look at Bush from a social perspective for a moment. Social programs are being cut across the board in order to fight the WOT and the Iraq War. His tax cuts have hurt the middle class. And his No child left behind scheme is a joke.
He constantly underminds the Constitution(750+ signing statements with 150 Consitutional challenges)

Poverty has risen during his tenure by 12%. Inflation is skyrocketing. And his love of the Big Oil companies(remember he was an oil man himself, albeit a dismal performance...remember Arbusto oil...or should we call it BUSTO)have helped insure that the lower and middle class will continue to struggle for a long time to come. He has let his religion dictate medical science(Stem Cell veto). He has also had his Administration alter Many scientific documents ranging from the WOD(war on drugs.. especially pot) to global Warming.

He is a failure from a business perspective.. and He is a Failure from a social level. Texas had one of the lower education ratings in the nation during his time as Gov. of Texas. He loves cutting programs for the poor and helping the rich at almost every turn.If you need specifics I will find them for you.. as I am going off the top of my head right now.

His policies have divided this nation quite severly to the point where people are actually talking about civil war! Pure lunacy IMO but they are talking none-the-less.

Can you name something that he has done to help the lower class in this country?
What social programs has he implimented that benefit them?
Not to be rude but I havnt seen a one. And if I can be proven wrong here it would make me very happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join