It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bush critics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Why doesn everyone dislike bush?

The cost of oil is up he is there for an other 10 years to get us free oil.

He graduated with a college degree.Was a pilot

And they don't put stupid people in jobs like the government.
He was chosen out of many people working in the government.
I love bush.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, I like GW. In my judgement, he's assumed a world leadership role in one of the most difficult time in history. History will judge him well.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Dude, what the heck are you talking about? Bush being there for another 10 years.. free oil? Do you watch the news? Why is the price of oil up a good thing? .... I am rather confused are you joking around with us?

[edit on 8/5/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by atlantian149

I love bush.

Dude, what the heck are you talking about? Bush being there for another 10 years.. free oil? Do you watch the news? Why is the price of oil up a good thing? .... I am rather confused are you joking around with us?
the point of the iraq war is to get oil

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Right.. and you support Buh because of this? Looking at your other post on the commet, I think I will skip over your post from now on.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sorry- this is a must pass on.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
what an extremely narrow perspective.

yes Bush has a degree from both harvard and yale. But these were more from his status than his efforts.

also, every single business venture that Bush has EVER undergone has gone belly up. he was, is and will always be a failure.. and more than that he is a war criminal, traitor, and usurper of the Consitution of the United States of America.

As the illustrious Mr. Beezer would say
"case study closed"

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The term "critic" is so....silly. Its been used lately in reference to those who are Anti-Bush. I'd rather be called Anti-Bush, Bush basher, than a "critic"
What an oddball way to refer to people who cannot stand their president.

Food critic
Movie critic

Not a Bush critic. Pffft

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Because we can?

Free? Yeeeeah... okay, delusional much?

He graduated with a college degree.

What a miraculous accomplishment.

Was a pilot

And?

AHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (wheezing) HAHAHAHAHAHA *wipes tear from eye* oh you were being serious?

Yeah I'm sure his last name had no bearing AT ALL!

I love bush.

I love tacos.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
History will judge him well.

Highly doubtful, but we all got fantasies right?

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

original quote by: atlantian149
was a pilot

oh yes he was wasnt he. He helped stop the Tet invasion of Texas(little known battle in which Bush single handedly beat the Vietnamese back across the Mexican border with one jet and no missles...roflmao

original quote by: atlantian149
He graduated with a college degree

Like I said it was two schools... Harvard AND Yale... and oddly enough the guy still cant speak english worth a damn.

Oh yeah and wake up call; we didnt go in there for oil.. directly anyway... In 2000 Saddam said that the oil for food program could NOT be bought with US dollars he demanded the euro, which was a blow to the American hegemony as the sole currency backing oil. Do some research atlantian149, youll see that I speak the truth. There were other factors of course but this was one of the biggest reasons. Also like I said look into PNAC. Want to know why we will be attacking Iran next? Look into the Iran Oil Bourse... Another threat to the American hegemony. It pays to research between the lines and behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Well, I like GW. In my judgement, he's assumed a world leadership role in one of the most difficult time in history. History will judge him well.

Grady, I am truly suprised. Sure he "assumed"(good word since he sure as hell wasnt elected) world leadership role in a difficult time... but when were times not difficult. And more to the point most of this was his doing anyway. He declared war on the world. He invaded two countries that had nothing to do with 911. Remember 15 out of the 19 hijckers were Saudi.

No I think history will not be kind to the traitor Bush at all. As well it shouldnt. We will be paying for his warmongering for generations to come. And the hits that the Constitution has taken from this Administration have pushed it to the breaking point.

The guy has lied more than he has told the truth..about everything. Name something he said and Ill show you the lie. Education, WOT, you name it.

This is the same guy that when govenor denied 152 death row inmates a DNA test.
He is the most disgusting leader the free world has ever seen. He is a usurper of the Constitution(over 700 signing statements with over 150 Constitutional challenges) yeah hes a real stand up guy...roflmao

Sorry Grady, you are an extremely knowledgable person IMO. But I have to disagree with you on this one..please dont kill me

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I may be wrong about this, but I thing Mr Atlantean149 is making sport of us.
At least I hope that is the case, because otherwise my head is likely to explode.

I think the comment that gave Mr.A away is the one about "not putting stupid people in government"

I think Lys said it best when he said Awwwwwwhahahahahahaha[wheeze]hahahahahahaha!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Right on Tone. You got my WATS. Not to mention Bush is facing a possible investigation into his misuse of 'signing statements' (another abuse of the Constitution) and this month a book by two members of the 911 Commission will be released (by both a Republican and Democrat) that will make allegations that the Commission's attempt to investigate the events of 911 was seriously undermined by the Bush administration. In my personal opinion (with 50+ years behind me) Bush and his administration has done more to damage this country's economy, its democracy and world standing than any before him. We will suffer for decades for because of the actions and inactions of this Administration.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not everyone dislikes Bush, he was elected, twice. Some of the reasons people give when asked why they don’t like Bush I can understand, but IMO most are just irrational and based primarily on hate.

The cost of Oil is indeed up, mainly due to complex issues and circumstances in the geopolitical world and speculative driven market. However Bush is not "there" for another ten years, he is done at 12:00 PM Tuesday Jan 20th, 2009.

Yes, he attended Yale University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree. Later on he attended Harvard Business School and received an MBA (he’s the first POTUS to hold an MBA, among other things). And he was indeed a pilot (First Lieutenant) in the Air Natl. Guard flying primarily F-102’s until 1972. Personally I don’t think it’s that impressive of a fighter/interceptor, but it had a purpose.

Well, occasionally, ok, frequently incompetent individuals hold positions which they are not suited for. Especially when these positions are ones that do not require a direct vote in order to get into to.

As covered above, he was elected POTUS twice, elected Gov. of Texas twice, however he did have a dismal congressional campaign in 1977, and the Texas Rangers were less then stellar while under his ownership.

I love bush.

Good for you, nothing wrong with that at all.

Personally I tend to agree with Grady, I suspect history will indeed judge him well, as others before him who were also disliked in their time he too will have his day. Not the best president we’ve had, but one that deserves more than some give credit for.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
thats what I like about you westpoint23

while you and I may have completely differnt views on our current president.. at least you are more firmly grounded in reality than alot of die hard Bush supporters.
you at least accept his fallacies as well as his strong points. I tip my hat to you sir.

original quote by: WestPoint23
Personally I tend to agree with Grady, I suspect history will indeed judge him well, as others before him who were also disliked in their time he too will have his day. Not the best president we’ve had, but one that deserves more than some give credit for.

Ill agree that it seems most of the time when the POTUS is actually in office people tend to likie them alot less than the years and decades following their tenure. But in this case I am not so sure that even time will mend peoples feelings of GWB, though that is pure speculation. But even after 6 years of clinton being gone.. I still dont relly like some of the things he did as president. But, of course I have been told over the years that I am alittle overly critical and thats ok...its better than being underly critical. But that is because I am for the Consitution and not for ANY Party.. I vote for the "person" and their ideals not for the party mantra(not saying that you do, merely pointing out where I am coming from).

thanks for your time

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
oh yes he was wasnt he. He helped stop the Tet invasion of Texas(little known battle in which Bush single handedly beat the Vietnamese back across the Mexican border with one jet and no missles

I always am fascinated by those who mock another man's service. Say what else you will about him, GW served as a jet jockey in the Air National Guard, which I might add was nothing to sneeze at during the Cold War, or even now when many our Reserve and National Guard troops are serving in harm's way.

Of course, now, the most logical question would be, What have you done to serve your country?

[edit on 2006/8/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hey Grady, this list places US presidents in order according to their military rank. Apart from the obvious I found it quite interesting.

US Presidents by Rank

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Let's remember this 'one of the most difficult times' wasn't here until after GW took office.
If the attack on the WTC had happened 12-18 months before his nomination by the GOP, do you think he would have accepted his nomination? I'm not implying either way.

As far as history's judgements, we'll see how the middle east turns out.

:spelled histroy's, histories

[edit on 7-8-2006 by nextguyinline]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

original quote by: GradyPhilpott
I always am fascinated by those who mock another man's service. Say what else you will about him, GW served as a jet jockey in the Air National Guard, which I might add was nothing to sneeze at during the Cold War, or even now when many our Reserve and National Guard troops are serving in harm's way.

sure it's nothing to sneeze at..on a normal circumstance... but you have to remember that he did it to avoid going to Vietnam.. so really .. at least to me it was a cowards way out. I have had my grandfather fight in two wars WWII and Korea. My brother served in the 82nd Airborne and went to Granada(dont laugh).
Both of which told me to stay out of the military(They knew I dont have the killer in me to do it) And todays National Gaurd troops are only in Harms way because HE put them there HE started these TWO wars.. him and him alone. He avoided his own war when it was his time.. and now plays armchair general with thousands of other lives.. yeah real great guy. And remember 911 was a CRIMINAL act by 19 PEOPLE not an attack from any country.. and shouldve been handled accordingly.
Maybe you should take a little longer of a look at Skull and Bones aswell(though you probably already have) He is not a virtuous person.

original quote by: GradyPhilpott
Of course the next most logical question would be, What have you done to serve your country?

not that this is about ME.. but ill humor you anyway.. As a youth I was involved in the Young Republicans(thankfully I am Independant now). I am soon going to be getting into local politics here in the keys(I have recently moved here and need to build my standing among the Community before I am in a position to fullfill this goal) which should be understandable. But sitting back and only criticizing our presidents..past and present(I gave Ole Willy a hard time aswell) is not my only goal... I will be taking an active role as soon as I am known enough to do so in my local community. I serve my country everyday that I log onto this site.. everytime I write my Senators and Congressmen... every time I vote... etc. Lastly and most importantly I am constantly involved on a local level in projects that help better my community. Once I have attained a local position I plan on expanding until I reach DC so that the stench of corruption dies. Or at the least get shot trying. But Grady, please understand that I am not just the guy sitting back doing nothing but bitch. While I will not serve in the military as killing is aginst my beliefs I am anything but apathetic and complacent.

thank you for your time.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
US Presidents by Rank

Damn! Not a Marine Corporal among the bunch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join