It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Israeli Goods? What Goods?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've seen these 'boycott israeli goods' banners on the site. Apparently, Israel is evil for attacking the people that attack it, and their citizens should be economically punished for it.

What goods does Israel export anyway?
Olives? Figs?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I love figs. Anyway I remember I bought some panties that said they were made in Israel, but I didn't really care because I just liked the panties. I think they also make clothings and decorative items.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, simply as a matter of record, I have been boycotting Israeli goods for many years. I'm not pretending it changes the world but it sure makes me feel better.

Just as I would not buy South African wines during the years of apartheid (and they make a fine bottle of Pinotage which I can allow myself to enjoy now), today I will not buy several types of potatoes and various fruits I find in my local supermarket, nor will I buy certain electrical components or textile products.

My wife routinely tells me I'm an idiot but that's normal anyway. Hope this helps in some small way.

[edit on 5-8-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hahahahah that's why I never used the boycott animated gif thingy. I couldn't quite figure out what they produce.

But then I do recall eating some very very tasty bananas that apparently was from Israel. Much better than the ones here. What irony, a tropical country doesn't have bananas that taste as good as a desert country.

Unfortunately the bananas are nowhere to be found. It was at Tesco for about a week or so before it just disappeared and never returned.

Speaking of boycotts, I agree with you Nygdan. Why punish the citizens for what the government is doing? That's also why I continued to purchase Danish butter cookies after that cartoon fiasco, despite my mom's objections. They taste so good!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I had to do it just for

Anyway I remember I bought some panties that said they were made in Israel, but I didn't really care because I just liked the panties

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Mr Beezer]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Isreal's exports include:

machinery and equipment, software, cut diamonds, agricultural products, chemicals, textiles and apparel
www.cia.gov...

Plus they have a very active defence / arms industry that exports a variety of weapons

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here is a page containng a list of things that Irael Exports.

I was surprised to see that they operate over 200 gas stations in the United states.

Blue and White exports

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Note: They are not alone in that.

[edit on 8/5/2006 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And I never vote for them in the Eurovision Song Contest either.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They export a lot of the fruits you see during the winter that are usually out of season in USA. Clementines, some bananas, mangos several others.

I'd like to add to the record too..those 600+ people that Israel murdered and over 500K homeless had nothing to do with attacking Israel. Lebanon did not attack Israel. I know what you mean about the collective punishment thing , the way I figure is that Israel employs this method of punishment a lot so maybe it will help, just without the blood and no kids die.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

I'd like to add to the record too..those 600+ people that Israel murdered and over 500K homeless had nothing to do with attacking Israel. Lebanon did not attack Israel. I know what you mean about the collective punishment thing , the way I figure is that Israel employs this method of punishment a lot so maybe it will help, just without the blood and no kids die.

And this has WHAT to do with the topic?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
machinery and equipment, software, cut diamonds, agricultural products, chemicals, textiles and apparel

Very good then. I shall stop buying so many cut diamonds from israel. Only the raw uncut diamonds for me from now on!

I am actually surprised to see so many exports from israel. I had allways had the impression that it just wasn't a big exporter at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What goods does Israel export anyway?
Olives? Figs?

Here are some of Israel's main exports:
Medical supplies, security equipment, Agricultural products and equipment, military equipment (the F-16 produced in the US has 600 Israeli patents), software (Firewalls etc'). Also Israel is the development center for many technologies, such as the latest Intel CPU's (in their Haifa R&D center).
So if you want to effectively boycat Israel, you should stop using F-16, pace-makers, medicines, firewalls and computers.
Any volunteers?

Also here:

Exports - commodities: machinery and equipment, software, cut diamonds, agricultural products, chemicals, textiles and apparel, military equipment.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Intel has FAB there in addition to the R&D aspect

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

And this has WHAT to do with the topic?

Apparently, Israel is evil for attacking the people that attack it, and their citizens should be economically punished for it.

Nygdan made a statement..along with a question.I posted my answer along with my statement.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here's one export that would be hard to boycott, Miss World 1998 Linor Abargil:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Intel has FAB there in addition to the R&D aspect

I wonder if they will continue to stay there. I know there was mention that they were a little shakey about having their operation there but they were given assurances.. I will only buy AMD chips for the systems I build. I was never big on Intel anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
They export a lot of the fruits you see during the winter that are usually out of season in USA. Clementines, some bananas, mangos several others.

Ahah! So it's true! Those tasty bananas were from Israel. To bad they're no more. Oh well, I should be supporting my local agriculture industry anyways.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Nygdan,

I'm glad you brought it up anyway.
I wasn't so sure myself. Unitll I really looked.
My wife, who is Jewish, didn't know either.
So, I believe I will blame YOU, when she starts shopping these "Made in Israel" sites.

Intrepid,

OMG! on Miss World 98.
Is there just the one? Or is this a factory produced product?
Because I'd order one online, you know, to show my support and all..

[edit on 5-8-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes they do a lot of electronics use by our government for military equipment, my husband last job had do deal with parts from Israel.

Now . . . I thought that we are not supposed to ask if goods are from Israel or not.

I kind of remember a thread about that no long time ago.

Does anybody knows about that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join