It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon: Life, Dignity, Homeland and Security - For All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What is going on in Lebanon right now is staggeringly tragic and dangerous for the entire region. The way in which BushCo. is handling this situation reminds me of how they handled Katrina.

Essentially, they're not. They're out to lunch. By design. They're solution is actually natural and unnatural destruction. Chaos. That's what they thrive in and on, financially and emotionally.

I would love to go to Lebanon and discover for myself what this author is saying in the article below. That will never happen, tho, until Israel and Lebanon can sit down and work this out rationally. It is possible. All this wonton death and destruction is beyond out of hand.

Published on Friday, August 4, 2006 by CommonDreams.org
Lebanon: Life, Dignity, Homeland and Security - For All
by George Bisharat

I wish, one day, that Israeli Jews could crest that ridge, and have their breaths taken away as the magic of Beirut unfolds below them. But they will never see the full beauties of the region they inhabit by dominating others militarily, and denying equal rights to Palestinian Christians and Muslims.

Security in the Middle East will only be achieved by respecting rights - to life, dignity, a homeland, and security - for all.
www.commondreams.org...

new topics

join