It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

satanists- mental or misunderstood?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
So then... you cannot respect false beliefs, and, every belief is false, except yours.

Much evil has sprung from such a stance. Can you understand that?

William, you know that the Bible makes it clear that there is no other way, and that there is only one way to the Father and that is through the Son. He is also a jealous God, and there shall be no ther gods before Him. Satan is a creation of God, he was the mightiest of angels, but because of pride, he warred against God.

For "Truth" to depart from this would be a break from his faith. God says it, I believe it and that settles it attitude is the attitude all the way. Those who reject the truth will suffer the fate that was only intended for Satan and the fallen angels and Christ had to die to pay for our sins, but we still have to accept that gift. If anyone doesn't want to take it, then that is his choice and there is nothing we can do to change it., But that doesn't change the facts in "Truth"'s eyes or mine, even though what I see as the truth is not the same as what "Truth" sees. That is why I always put the quotation marks around his monicker, especially after the incident that occured several months ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hello Kim

From what the bible says, Satan can transform himself into the angel of light. In other words Satan could decieve someone into thinking he was loving and kind.
Jesus also said that in the last days people will call evil = good and good = evil. This is exactly what I see happenimg today. Have you ever wondered why, that if Jesus was so good , why was it that the jews crucified him?.

You say that you have a friend who is a satanist and that he is a very nice person. That may seem true. But how are you or I to know, considering our limited wisdom, what is good and nice or evil and bad. What may seem good in our sight could be evil in gods sight, and vice -versa.

There is only black and white in this world. The bible says if you do not belong to Jesus then you are serving the Devil.

We must now ask ourselves what is the right and true way to follow? I would advise that you compare the messages. The message of jesus to what Satan can offer.

The trick here is to forget what you know. Do not trust your own understanding. Forget the mind, but concentrate on what you feel in your heart. Beliefs are not just about words or the exchanging of words. But in the beginning it is all about what you experience.

stewards

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Stewards, the Jews didn't cruisify him, the Romans did, because Jesus...like many future christians and the jews, refused to so much as pay respect to the Roman gods. Which is all Rome asked of anyone...you could believe any religion you wanted as long as you respected the religion of Rome...but of course NO christianity had to be bungholes about it, and we all know what happend from that......DARK AGE!!!

Sincerely,
no signature.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You have a cursory notion of the history, even less knowledge of the belief and no sense simple respect. FreeMason, you are what you accuse others of being and I can see you only want to stir dissention. Why bother? You prove others right.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 06:55 PM
link   
LoL I stated facts, Judas might have betrayed Jesus but still there was a reason he was crucified, the Romans didn't run around killing people without cause until well after the year 0.

Besides, I have little respect for an establishment that sets humanity back 2000 years, by destroying the greatest library this world had ever seen to date...holding knowledge that was barely preserved, and halting research for 1600 years, research that we have only been able to continue to pursue in the last 400 years at most.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Freemason the Romans as well as just about any other culture that has exited has killed people for reasons that today are considered absurd, even in relation of sport. Todays Football, Boxing, Basketball and so on have their roots in games, which resulted in the death of the looser.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
LoL I stated facts, Judas might have betrayed Jesus but still there was a reason he was crucified, the Romans didn't run around killing people without cause until well after the year 0.

What a load of rubbish!
Do you think these things up yourself or read them somewhere else...
Crucifixion was a common form of punishment during those times ...

It explicitly says in the bible..

Mat 27:15 Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to release for the people any one prisoner whom they wanted.
Mat 27:16 At that time they were holding a notorious prisoner, called Barabbas.
Mat 27:17 So when the people gathered together, Pilate said to them, "Whom do you want me to release for you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ ?"
Mat 27:18 For he knew that because of envy they had handed Him over.
Mat 27:19 While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent him a message, saying, "Have nothing to do with that righteous Man; for last night I suffered greatly in a dream because of Him."
Mat 27:20 But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas and to put Jesus to death.
Mat 27:21 But the governor said to them, "Which of the two do you want me to release for you?" And they said, "Barabbas."
Mat 27:22 Pilate said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ ?" They all said, "Crucify Him!"
Mat 27:23 And he said, "Why, what evil has He done ?" But they kept shouting all the more, saying, "Crucify Him!"
Mat 27:24 When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this Man's blood; see to that yourselves."
Mat 27:25 And all the people said, "His blood shall be on us and on our children !"

Pretty obvious, the Jews wanted it they even cursed themselves to gain, the Romans wanted to let him go...

[Edited on 5-11-2002 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yes I see now why my friend always says Jesus instigated riots, yes yes, it is obviously indirectly.

But it's no different then the LAPD inadvertantly causing the LA riots because of the Rodney King beatings.

Hmm actually, more like Martin Luther King Jr. because he was peacable, but did cause a lot of strife in the south though indirectly. Of course our system of government has proven true, because it didn't give in to injustice as the Roman Governor did, "Fine fine this man's blood is not on my hands".

Anyways...as for the Roman death sports...they really didn't pick up until Rome was declining morally, I think the Colloseum was built in 83 AD or something like that.

And still...Gladiators were not as blood thirsty as hollywood has made them out to be, they almost always stopped at first blood, and the crowd generally was merciful enough to allow it.

It was the insane emperors that gave that sport a bad name....I forget which one it was but he was bored and so ordered an entire section of the colloseum to fight in the pits to their deaths, and then there was Commodus, who gave invilids fake stones and dressed them as monsters and they'd sit there helplessly as he "valiently" slayed them.

In fact, the Olympics were more violent, and those are generally regaurded as very civilized.

As an afterthought, they should bring back Ancient Olympics...at least Prokrateon

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Once again, F-M, you ignorance is surpassed only by your stupidity. Your facts are not facts by assumptions made on others' lies that you read as true, and once again, you are nothing but a rude little boy that is in reality what you think of Christians.

Estragon, this is why I have stayed out of this forum for several weeks. It attracts the idiots and ignorant malcontents. There is no good to come of speaking intelligently to an idiot or imparting wisdom or knowledge to a fool. The very thought of Christians makes this insolent child want to spit, yet it seems to be the only thing he wants to discuss and attack. I'm not needed here as there are people like this one who only wants to insult others and a malicious manner. While their are certainly stark differences between beliefs, and while many are completely at odds and are opposed, it takes a measure of sense and dignity to discuss these things with any maturity. Far too many do not have that but do not let that stop them from typing their unnecessary thoughts.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:34 PM
link   
NC what happened to the Judges of Israel?

I bring this up because there are legends, which portend to the Roman concern, about the potential of Man capable of raising the dead.

Now the Judges of Israel are prominent in the days of the Old Testament but in the New Testament they seemed not to Exist.

What is it in the Talmud that can be related to the Lords Prayer?

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Now you only insult yourself TC, I never said that Jesus instigated riots as a fact, only said what my friend mentioned, and made some allusions to modern day similarities.

I'm sorry if I offend you by turning jesus into what he was...a human being, born of earth and died the same, returning to ash.

Well no actually I'm not sorry, Everything but the Jesus thing IS fact, the colloseum was not built till somewhere around the 80s and what I said about the gladiators is equally true.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satanis
I don't have any belief system, as I practice a form of magic(k), know as Chaos Magic(k).

Another self-contradiction, this time from the "other side of the street"; By practicing & believing in magic (even chaos magic), you *do* have a belief system! All forms of magic have roots in *religion*! You have to believe in magic to make it work!

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
[quote
Another self-contradiction, this time from the "other side of the street"; By practicing & believing in magic (even chaos magic), you *do* have a belief system! All forms of magic have roots in *religion*! You have to believe in magic to make it work!

Good point

Guess I walked right into that one *lol*

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Have you figured out some kind of reply that might allow you to "walk back out" of it again?

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:51 AM
link   
"From what the bible says, Satan can transform himself into the angel of light. In other words Satan could decieve someone into thinking he was loving and kind. "

eh?
er, steward, Satan is an angel of light.
"Lucifer" hmmm? the "star of the morning"
etc etc etc.

transform into an angel of light !?!?goddsakes! he's not a friggin power ranger!

kim

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:48 AM
link   
hello stewards,
firstly, you say

"What may seem good in our sight could be evil in gods sight, and vice -versa. "

if this is true, then indeed YOU could be the evil one. If your god is real, then nobody knows what it thinks or intends, which means that it may not wish to be worshipped- when was the last time god answered your prayers? It may be thinking right now, 'look at them, those stupid people worshipping me when i dont do jack s*** for them. Dont get mad at me, for all you know this could be true.

secondly,
"there is only black and white in this world"

i see that you have the dualistiac way o thinking. You have to split everything up into 'good' and 'bad' according to your opinions and experiences. I myself see fault in this. How can you be the judge of that when what may be great for some, is a living hell for others? I could not bring myself to grovel and pray to a being that i thought had nothing to do with me or anyone else. However, millions do this regularly, every sunday. So when i say my friend the satanist is a nice person, this is again my opinion. There is not just black and white, there is a whole rainbow range of millions of tones and shades. Once you put this into real life, you will see that nothing is completely 'good' or 'bad'. There is nothing wrong with true occult practises, there is nothing wrong with TRUE christians- those that do not sit on their high horse going "nya nah na nah nah- youre going to go to hell cos you dont believe in God!"
I could go on for ages til im blue in the face, but ive learned to just state my ideas and thats that. Some people listen, some dont.

sorry mate but you get thumbs down

kim

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:50 AM
link   
hello stewards,
firstly, you say

"What may seem good in our sight could be evil in gods sight, and vice -versa. "

if this is true, then indeed YOU could be the evil one. If your god is real, then nobody knows what it thinks or intends, which means that it may not wish to be worshipped- when was the last time god answered your prayers? It may be thinking right now, 'look at them, those stupid people worshipping me when i dont do jack s*** for them. Dont get mad at me, for all you know this could be true.

secondly,
"there is only black and white in this world"

i see that you have the dualistiac way o thinking. You have to split everything up into 'good' and 'bad' according to your opinions and experiences. I myself see fault in this. How can you be the judge of that when what may be great for some, is a living hell for others? I could not bring myself to grovel and pray to a being that i thought had nothing to do with me or anyone else. However, millions do this regularly, every sunday. So when i say my friend the satanist is a nice person, this is again my opinion. There is not just black and white, there is a whole rainbow range of millions of tones and shades. Once you put this into real life, you will see that nothing is completely 'good' or 'bad'. There is nothing wrong with true occult practises, there is nothing wrong with TRUE christians- those that do not sit on their high horse going "nya nah na nah nah- youre going to go to hell cos you dont believe in God!"
I could go on for ages til im blue in the face, but ive learned to just state my ideas and thats that. Some people listen, some dont.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMasonAs an afterthought, they should bring back Ancient Olympics...at least Prokrateon

Especially the practice of contestants competing naked...I'll be paying a lot closer attention to the womens' events.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Me too, especially when it comes to the women playing volley ball.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I prefer it when they play with mine instead of volley's...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join