It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrant Says on CBS: In 20 Years, We'll Run America!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Marge I mean that I’m used to the pattern of 50 stars, in my opinion a 51 star flag would not look as good as the one we have now. Geez... its nothing specific against PR so just relax, if I had any say in it Hawaii would be the last.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Shots that was back a few hundreds of years ago, the indigenous population has recuperated very well.

They stayed away from the spanish influences for hundreds of years and now recently they are becoming more modernized.

Still is tribes in south america that their populations has not even been incorporated in democraphic books because they refuse access to other than their own.

Today, there are now more than 40 million Indians in the Americas, including two million in the United States. They make up a majority of the population in Bolivia and Guatemala, close to half the population in Ecuador and Peru, and large minorities in Mexico and many other countries.

In Canada, over 800,000 people--about three percent of the population--are Indians.

In Mexico, over 10 million people--10 percent of the population--are Indians. This people are considered the most poor in the nation and mostly a big group of the ones that are migrating to the US.

In Ecuador, where 45 percent of the population is Indian.

This a link to more information of what happen to indigenous population in the Americans.

www.digitalhistory.uh.edu...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Shots that was back a few thousand years ago, the indigenous population has recuperated very well.

you are not very good at math either are you? Columbus allegedly discovered the Americas in 1492 this is now 2006 which is 514 years

Yet you claim a few thousand years ago :shk:

In Ecuador, where 45 percent of the population is Indian.

Duh I do believe those figures are inflated by the indigenous peoples they have a habit of doing that ya know. the CIA fact book puts the percentage at
Amerindian 25%,

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Geez... its nothing specific against PR so just relax, if I had any say in it Hawaii would be the last.

Hey I was just joking really, you are quite right the flag will not look nice with another star on it.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Yet you claim a few thousand years ago :shk:

Sorry my mistake

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Over my dead body.
I have a sleeping gun that can just as easily be awakened, and I'm not afraid to use it.

your funny...

and your an immigrant too, i guarantee it...

we all are, there is no such thing as an "american," as we all came from different countries...

i wonder where you came from???

you may be born here, but your families blood is from elsewhere...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Marge I mean that I’m used to the pattern of 50 stars, in my opinion a 51 star flag would not look as good as the one we have now. Geez... its nothing specific against PR so just relax, if I had any say in it Hawaii would be the last.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

51 stars flag

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by rapture777]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
...and your an immigrant too, i guarantee it...

No doubt I am descended from immigrants. But LEGAL ones. Why is it so many people continually fail to make this distinction between the legals and the illegals and then try to come up with some fancy point based on their indistinction? :shk:

Discuss the damn point TSA... Some freak is up there on national TV saying illegals are going to rule the country in 20 years...So what's your comment on that?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's called obsfucation.

It's a very common tactic among this demographic.

[edit on 2006/8/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Discuss the damn point TSA... Some freak is up there on national TV saying illegals are going to rule the country in 20 years...So what's your comment on that?

my opinion is that that will never happen...

hell, there are only white presidents, right

the only way i see these people running america is through revolution...

but, they will be stopped, if this happened...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't see a real significant difference:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Grady is about symmetry the flag will lose its shape.

Why not put a big start in the center and then the other fifty around of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Why not put a big start in the center and then the other fifty around of it.

Because then all the states will fight over who gets the center star. And then when PR doesn't get it, they will want to secede from the union, and the US will have to attack PR, because as WP said, it's a one-way street. And it was all YOUR fault marg, for suggesting the center star idea. Bad girl!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Check out this history of US flags:

www.readingeagle.com...

Marg's idea is not exactly new:

[edit on 2006/8/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
we all are, there is no such thing as an "american," as we all came from different countries...

NO. Unless Baton Rouge is a country separate from the United STates, I was born in America, as was my father, his father, his father's father, etc...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted by they see ALL

“ . . and you’re an immigrant too, I guarantee it . . we all are, there is no such thing as an "American" as we all came from different countries . . you may be born here but your families blood is from elsewhere . . “ [Edited by Don W]

Ah, what a dead-end topic for discussion. Nevertheless, I do find it of some interest. I have been giving serious thought to having a DNA test, which one is offered for $99 and another for $149. The fine print in each offer however, makes it clear you are not going to learn much more than that you are not descended either from an oak tree or a Dalmatian dog. Thinking I already knew that, I’m holding on to my $99 for a bit longer.

I assume most of us - excluding those who are adopted - know our parents and probably our grand-parents. We have one adopted child in my family, an 11 year old girl, who we got at age 4, her mother having died and her father unable to get work to support her. They were from Sierra Leone. We send an annual letter to the Agency which is supposed to forward it to him. I don’t know if they do or not. He never communicates back and we don’t have his address. You don’t need a DNA test to tell we are not her parents, her being real black and us being “regular” white.

Topic. How many indigenous persons lived in the Western Hemisphere before 1492? Obviously no one knows. Did you know the US was the first country in the world to mandate a decennial census of the population? Our House of Representatives is based on population, this is a constitutional requirement. Art. 1, Sect. 2, Clause 3. There are three great census of ancient times. The book of Numbers - one of the Pentateuch - records the populations of the 12 tribes of Israel. I being a non-believer and more especially a non-believer in the 12 tribes story, I do not regard the Biblical enumeration as having happened in real life. More an imaginary event in the brain of the unknown author. The numbers given were supplied by scholars in the 17th century, out of tradition. "Till the memory of man runneth not to the contrary."

The Chinese did a census around 50 BCE, and we have read of the one done at the time of Jesus’ birth, about 4 BCE. In the case of the Chinese, we do not know the outcome of the census and only know about it by references found in other writings. In the case of the Jesus’ census, it is not mentioned anywhere outside the Holy Writ. So we have no idea what was the outcome of either census.

Demography is a science today and is much more capable of estimating numbers of people than ever before. Earlier estimates were often exaggerated because no one really knew much about the effects of birth rates or the death rate. Having worked in the waste water treatment business I have an appreciation for the difficulties in supplying both fresh water - potable water - and all the more of the problems associated with the disposal of sewage or waste water. It is for these reasons I have serious reservations accepting the numbers suggested by theologians or bible commentators, to have been present in Jerusalem around the time of Jesus’ crucifixion. I believe those numbers are grossly overstated.

I believe the permanent population of Jerusalem was not over 10,000 and the total number present at the Passover Feast numbered no more than 25,000. Available fresh water would be the major limiting factor although waste disposal would also have imposed a sharp limit on the number of people the area could accommodate. Imagine 2 gallons of clean water a day per person - more per animal - for drinking, cooking, washing and waste disposal, as the bare minimum. See Note 1, below.

Fast forward to the 16th Century. I have read the diary written by one of Hernando Cortez’s soldiers - I can’t find it on Google - published in the 1950s-1960s time frame. He mentioned the death of many natives due to illness but he never connected those illnesses to the Spanish. He did not know the word “contagion” nor what it portended for the native population which lacked racial immunity. Oops! I think “racial” is ok here. I know we no longer use “race” in describing homo sapiens but they did in the 1500s.

Jared Diamond’s book, “Guns, Germs and Steel” explains how Middle Eastern and European types acquired immunity to many diseases that decimated the native Americans when exposed for the first time. He also explains how it was possible for 300 Spanish soldiers to conquer 2 to 5 million Meso-Americans. None of which were strangers to warfare. Juan Pizzaro enjoyed a similar advantage in Peru a quarter century later. Pizzaro carried books written by the Cortez expedition with him, by the way. [Private Note to F/F: See no religious rant here.]

Conclusion. So who are today’s Americans? I prefer our Constitution’s definition, found in the 14th Amendment, Section 1. “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States, nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

Good God A’mighty! What a beautiful thing is the 14th Amendment is! In your wildest dreams can you imagine the Gonzales/Bush43 team offering such a guarantee to America in 2006? Straight out of liberalism! Proposed in 1866, and adopted in 1868. Nine states ratified the Amendment after it was adopted, the last being my home state of Kentucy, in 1976. Hmm? Better late than never?

The 14th Amendment uses the term “citizen” 2 times, and the term “person” 2 times. “Persons” obviously covers non-citizens. So even “illegals” have Constitutional rights! Say Good-by, Vigilantes, Good-by Militias. Get a life! I guess you could call Section 1, “America in a nutshell?”

Gratuitous Slap. You can see how much the Republican Party of Abraham Lincoln differs from today’s Republican Party of Cheney, Bush43, Roberts, Alito, Scalia and Thomas! Sweet Jesus, I’ll remind you folks the Amendment was not written by the Founding Fathers, although they could have and should have, but instead, was written by mid-19th century Republican who abolished the historical blight on America - slavery.

Note 1. The following diseases are water-borne. Cholera, Hepatitis A, Salmonellosis, Typhoid fever, dysentery, typhus, dengue and yellow fever and malaria. This is not exhaustive, but is meant to be representational. See
www.rsmas.miami.edu...

[edit on 8/7/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
w0w donwhite...

that was a good read...

there is a lot of information there...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

And it was all YOUR fault marg, for suggesting the center star idea. Bad girl!

He, he, as Grady pointed out is not the first time that the flag had one star in the center.

Thanks Grady for the tidbit on historical facts
quite delicious to learn that has been done before

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
margy, no panties in a wad please, I was just messin with ya.
Good to joke around here once in a while...Things get too serious sometimes. But ya, nonetheless, thanks for pointing out that little fact about the flag, Grady... Now if I could only figure out what the PR topic has to do with illegals running our country in 20 years, all would be hunky dory.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Now if I could only figure out what the PR topic has to do with illegals running our country in 20 years, all would be hunky dory.

you are funny...

and correct too...

i was wondering the same thing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join