It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrant Says on CBS: In 20 Years, We'll Run America!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Well, I hope that generation isn't over. Maybe they're just wiser. I'm glad to hear it anyway. I'd love to see Puerto Rico become a state. I wonder where they'd put that other star?
Those stars are little, they can fit 2 or 3 more in there. Remember that the 52 will be Cuba.

Oh and about the mexican pics. That isn't a protest, they where just in line to order some tacos.

[edit on 5-8-2006 by rapture777]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
And now, come to think of it, if just a plain old simple person like me can get this worked up over a blatant statement on TV by an illegal- I can only imagine how Israelis must feel with a nuclear-imminent Iran threatening to ANNIHILATE them, many times and in their face, publicly. Is it any wonder Israel is lashing out so visciously at Hezbollah and it's supporting infrastructure? I sure as hell don't agree with all the innocents paying the price for that, but on the other hand I can certainly understand their situation. They've pretty much got no choice, not from where they're sitting. Not in THEIR shoes.

But I digress, and sorry for the somewhat off-topic post, but I think it helps illustrate the point. And the point is, I've had enough of this abuse of our system and open arms/border policy. Time to shut it. Once and for all.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by El Che
But thank for bring this up cause there no denying that many of who don't wants illegals in this country are racist in some way.

Hmm, so I suppose you'd just love to have illegals in your home country then, correct? And all your countrymen want illegals too then? And the ones that don't are racist in some way?

Yaz gotta be kidding.

Sorry about what I said what I meant to say is many of who don't want illegals in country are apposed to the idea that many Latino can be part of the political field and becoming the majorette

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
By the way you talk you seem to be a racist not cool

[edit on 5-8-2006 by El Che]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Sorry about what I said what I meant to say is many of who don't want illegals in country are apposed to the idea that many Latino can be part of the political field and becoming the majorette

Originally posted by rapture777 Remember that the 52 will be Cuba.

Now that would be cool.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

By the way you talk you seem to be a racist not cool

Heh, you sure you ain't one of the guys working with me? :shk: Aye yai yai... No hope left, none... :shk:

And by the way El Che, I believe you pulled that quote out of the other thread. Please reply in the thread the quote came from, thanks. Had you read my posts you would know that I am not a racist. At all. Zippy. Nada. Ni un poquito. Asi que deja ese acuso, por favor. And please do not call me a racist to my face again, as that is against the T&C of this site.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sorry about that TrueAmerican said some in an other thread.

Yeah P.R should be part of the U.S. (also I was raised by Puerto Rica's don't be hatting!!!!) there great people. Many who lived in this country love here can't wait until into they become a state.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
come to think of it why do they name the term latino instead of the name american . because there is south -central america - and america

Latino people have the right to be named real american people.

The were the people that lived before anyone.

The only real americans + maybe native americans too because they came.
race is supossed to be named american and so as ethnics.Fully blooded natives.

I think it's because of nationality.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by atlantian149]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well Illegal immigrants becomes legal citizens also

You forgot about Gonzales?

His parents were illegal immigrants when they came to this country look where their son is now.

Err... what? I’m perfectly well aware that anyone who is born in the US is a citizen by right no matter what their parents status is. Don't know what your trying to say but I‘m pretty sure Illegal Immigrants cannot become citizens.

As for PR becoming a state, well perhaps, but a 51 star flag would look bad, it wont be the same.

EDIT:

Just to add, all Puerto Ricans should know that entering the Union is a one way trip, once you join you can never secede. One of this country’s greatest hero’s said it best ...

"The Constitution...forms a government not a league.... To say that any State may at pleasure secede from the Union is to say that the United States is not a nation."

[edit on 6-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
By the end of the War of 1812, the ruling elite of America and most of the common people, had already been converted to what has been called “Manifest Destiny.” That term meant the US believed it was “entitled” to own, control or annex the whole continent.

By the 1820s, Americans, mostly Southerners expanding slavery, were moving into the northern part of Mexico later called Texas.- expanding salve territory. In 1836, a stroke of luck at San Jancito, equal to the stroke in New Orleans in 1815, gained the independence of Texas from Mexico.

By force of arms, we drove the Spanish out of Florida in the 1820s, and incorporated it into the US as a state by early 1845. Later that same year Texas was annexed into the US. There was a controversial dispute with Mexico over the southern boundary of Texas. The US wanted the meandering Rio Grande River as far sough as it had ever run, as its border, and Mexico wanted the border to be north of the river. To resolve the dispute, the US launched the Mexican War of 1846-1848.

The United States won that war and by “right of conquest” we took all of California, all of Utah, all of Nevada, all of Arizona, all of New Mexico and part of Colorado from Mexico. We completed our southwestern territorial expansion with the Gadsden Purchase of 1853. For the Southern Pacific RR.

Feeling our muscle we began to take the Northwest Territory of Oregon and Washington from the British. The two countries had agreed on a joint occupancy of the area. We decided to occupy it solely. In 1840, the presidential campaign was won by James Polk on the slogan, “54 40 or Fight!” That was a reference to the latitude we were claiming as our own. We settled for the 49th parallel of latitude and gave up our claim on British Columbia.

By 1898, America was ready again - now post Civil War - to expand. This time we took Cuba - gave it back - Puerto Rico - kept it - the Philippines - released it in 1946 - and numerous islands in the Pacific from Spain. All of this was done because the battleship, USS Maine, had blown up in Havana harbor and we - say US newspapers - blamed it on the Spanish. Actually, the Maine explosion turned out to be a coal dust explosion but this was not verified until recently. We did not care in 1898, as we did not care about WMDs in 2003.

In 1898, at the instigation of the R&Fs - Rich and Famous - we “took” the Kingdom of Hawaii and made it an American territory. Say hello Dole pineapples!

Puerto Rico. I am under the impression the US Congress has enacted a law allowing the people of PR to vote on the issue whether to be 1) an independent country, or 2) a state of the US, or 3) remain as a self-governing Commonwealth. Can you tell me Marg6043, if that is true?

www.bobdylan.com...

[edit on 8/6/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Again this thread is showing how people need to denied Ignorance.

Shots you need a brushing on history because the Spaniards only wipe out the indigenous people in the Caribbean . . . Central and South America have still a very large population of Indigenous people and Also here in the US we still have Natives Americans.

Yes you are correct Marg how people need to be denied ignorance. And sorry it is not me who needs to brush up on my history I believe that would be you. I never stated they wiped them all out, I stated they wiped out a large portion of the population and depending on which sources you use it ranges from 60 to 90 percent of those that were here and that I consider very significant.

Within a few years smallpox claimed between 60% and 90% of the Inca population, with other waves of European disease weakening them further. However, some historians think a serious native disease called Bartonellosis may have been responsible for some outbreaks of illness.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kindly Note the figures above are for Inca

And the above is just from smallpox like diseases then factor in deliberate deaths and the percentage goes even higher.

Now unless they have moved the Inca Empire
Your Ignorance has been denied

Now for the reading imparied a pictorial estimate of current populations

[edit on 8/6/2006 by shots]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thx Shot, for the link to the map of the Western Hemisphere. I like that kind of display. OTOH, whoever prepared that map needs more experience.

For example, the dark green represents 40 to 55%, yet the next, medium dark green, represents 10 to 30%. What about those places with 33% or 38%? Same criticism of the medium light green, which represents 1 to 5%, so again, there is no color for 6% or 8%. Very light green is said to represent 0%, and grey is “unknown.” Do we need to represent “nothing?”

I know what they are trying to show, and realizing the colors are not exact does not reduce the utility of the colored map for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
After seeing all those protest signs, and the many unopposed thousands in the streets trying to lay claim to what they think is theirs, I think it's time that we return the favor. Time to infiltrate, get on the inside, and destroy from the inside out, just like they are attempting to do to us. Peaceful it will seem on the surface, but deadly it will be in the end. Like a virus that surrounds and eats a cell, the infection spreads uncontrolled. Only now is the US machine waking up to the threat and beginning to develop an antidote.

The exploiters of illegal labor in the US are going to have to make a tough choice: Make less profit and hire legals, or continue to feed the illegal machine and risk the ultimate takeover of this country by the dregs of a Mexican society that won't even let an American purchase property in their homeland. They have insured no foreign takeovers in Mexico: no infectious cells are allowed to implant and grow on the home turf. No cultural melting pot in Mexico allowed- they are clear that they want their culture kept intact and uninfiltrated. But they are damn sure willing to come and take advantage of the sympathetic US system that has open arms for everyone.

Well, the hugs are over. Go on home. You've taken enough. We had a heart, but you ripped it out and now are flaunting it in our faces. You're pissing us off, and we thought you already knew what happens when you piss us off, but it appears you have forgotten. Just a friendly reminder that is turning less friendly by the minute. Your awakening sleeping giant is but 100 fleas on a wild buffalo who is about to take a deep swim.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

Thx Shot, for the link to the map of the Western Hemisphere. I like that kind of display. OTOH, whoever prepared that map needs more experience.

Who really cares if they need experience in preparing a map or not?

The map was given only to show Marg that contrary to her thinking that the only ones effected were in the islands/carribean was wrong.

The truth of the matter is there were vast numbers [perhaps millions] of indigenous peoples who were killed one way or another as a result of the Spanish explorer/conquests of South America /Mexico and yes even in the US and that was my intent in showing the graphic which is just estimates for current day.

[edit on 8/6/2006 by shots]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Back on track.

Was the illegal immigrant on CBS Mexican? He/she ought to be horsewhipped for making such outrageous claims! No- they wont run America.
Let them dream and make jackasses of themselves...I bet the "spokesperson" isnt even a legal citizen, and there he/she is on tv....Perhaps Immigration was watching the show....

Mexicans are very good people but some seem to lack common sense.

How about they fix their own country? Why dont they?!!! That's like a Cuban saying we will eventually "own" America- right.
I wish i could appear on Fox to rebutt these people...

I'd make O'Reilly look tame.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
WestPoint23

What do you mean that The flag will not look good with PR becoming a state?

Well now you have offended me my Puertorrican feelings.

How dare you.

Shots what you talking about it happen no only in the central and south American but in the US also.

But the indigenous population is not wipe out by any means, like I said only in the Caribbean they were totally wipe out.

Grady I grew up in the 70s I do remember the attempts to Roosevelt roads and the attacks to the guards, and many other protest specially in college but I do not remember any US military gun down in the streets of San Juan because of just being Americans.

Yes is a lot of gun down in PR everyday even today but that is another topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Actually, as I recollect there were two sailors shot in incidents at the facility where we docked at San Juan. Neither incident occurred when we were in port, but we were alerted to the dangers. It did nothing to limit our enjoyment of the port, however. This was in 1970.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It did nothing to limit our enjoyment of the port, however. This was in 1970.

Yes I remember the incidents with bombings to the base with a school bus, I was just a child at a time but it did make a lot of fuss because I was living in the town that the base was located at the time.

My Parents had many friends that worked in the base at a time and it was closed temporarily for security reasons.

I guess I was too young in 1970 to remember the soldiers kill in San Juan.

But. . . I remember very well the Nixon scandals.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Shots what you talking about it happen no only in the central and south American but in the US also.

But the indigenous population is not wipe out by any means, like I said only in the Caribbean they were totally wipe out.

here is your original statement

Shots you need a brushing on history because the Spaniards only wipe out the indigenous people in the Caribbean . . .

That was the portion I was addressing because it was a wrong statement, it is fact they also devastated many of South American and Mexican and yes they even killed some native Americans.

Now if they wiped out the majority of the natives that only leaves those who have a majority of DNA from Spain and not the Americas that are crossing our borders illegally.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The simple problem is this; if you work over a very long period of time to establish a civilised society that is the envy of the world, unless you legislate to keep out 'undesirables' then you will be inundated with them, and by the time the problem is recognised it will be too late.

I would imagine that this is the fear being expressed here.

I can tell you for a fact that it is already happening in Great Britain. They are letting in all and sundry, for fear of denying them their human rights if they refuse entry, and the country is slowly being strangled from the inside. People who have never contributed, and who are never likely to contribute in the future, to the welfare state and benefits system are milking it freely.

At least the USA does have some restrictions, although they are in danger too of pandering to the human rights lobby. Last year I stayed in a hotel in Naples, Florida, where most of the staff seemed to be Rumanian and could barely speak English. I asked them how they had managed to gain entry to the USA when us Brits couldn't do it so easily, and they told me that they had all easily obtained Green Cards as Rumania was at that time enjoying 'favoured nation status' or something akin to this.

You will never stop this sort of thing happening, the only answer is to have extremely tight border controls to keep the problem down to a minimum, with onerous punishments for transgressors, however you will never eliminate the problem completely.

P.S. I wish I could live in the USA. I think it is a wonderful country, but they don't make it easy for us Brits. Can anyone get me a Green Card LEGALLY?

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join