It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANCIENT PYRAMIDS IN...........CHINA??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Though everyone would be interested in this, pyramids in china, have connections to giza pyramids and orion, quite interesting, could be more evidence for ancient seafaring and a very old world wide civilisation.

Take a look.

www.earthquest.co.uk...

www.lauralee.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I didn't know there were Pyramids in China. See, I learned something knew today.

I will save the link, thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No Problem

Shame the Chinese won't let them be properly explored by western scientists, bet they found some interesting stuff, wonder when we will find out?

Jay

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wow learn something new everyday. Thanks for the links Kobyoshimaru. Have they said yes or no to letting western science in, to make a full evaluation of the pyramids?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think they have said a big NO
Shame

I think i saw somwhere that one was broken once and loads of gold things were inside, can't remember exactly.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
China has over 100 pyramids.

Look up the Merribecca Pyramids, 12 the size of the great pyramid of Giza in two rows. One shows signs of earthquake damage.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That's intersting, never heard of that before.

There are pyramids all over the world, just the ones in Giza are more mysterious and symbolic, but I may be wrong. Perhaps the Chinese didn't record any mention of it or it's purposes. They didn't mention much about the first emperor's tomb so I'm not surprised.

Are there any pictures of an overview of theh location of the pyramids? I'm curious what pattern they form. I know that the pyramids of egypt are aligned to comform to the golden spiral, which i sintersting because they're aligned to orion's belt, which also forms the golden spiral.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Actually, pyramids have been found in many societies. It's not an uncommon building design, though they are used for different reasons in different cultures.

For example, among the Mound Builders of America, pyramids were the places where the rulers lived. In Egypt they were burial chambers, and in Mesoamerica, they were temples where sacrifices were done.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I belive that all pyramids have a common idea/design or the civilisations that built them had links, possibly links ancient even to them.

Look at the coc aine found in egyptian mummies, this proves a link between the old american and egyptian civilisations.

I belive they mean somthing and are older than we realise. If you wanted to hide somthing safely for generations, how would you do it, you want a civilisation who has never heard of you, does not know your language to know somthing or that you existed. You would build a massive structure to stand the test of time, signs and language may be no good etc, build a pyramid.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That's assuming they are forward thinking that they will cease to exist. Are we currently building things now with the thought in mind that we will cease to exist, but future civilizations would be able to find and understand it? Yes, actually this is being done on a very small scale, but not large society scale. That's a pretty pessimistic attitude. You would need some reason to believe that there is a global catastrophe in the making.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is it possible that when the pyramids were constructed, they did not include the rooms, tunnels, etc., and that the ancient Egyptians (or whoever), at a later time, tunnelled their way into them, and then created their tombs, tunnels, rooms, etc.? Seems to me many of the diagrams I've seen show the internal corridors and spaces are not placed in any regular fashion within, although maybe because they have their astronomical purposes, of which I don't know the specifics of.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It is doubtful that the Pyramids in Egypt were created specifically as tombs.
Westminster Abbey in London houses the bodies of many of Englands kings and noblemen yet it was not constructed as a burial chamber.
Some of the Egyptian pharoahs entombed in the pyramids are actually on a closer timescale to you and I than they are to the time of the construction of the pyramids.

I agree with DrSaid. The pyramids probably have more to do with some sort of form of worship through mathematics and astronomy than merely being places of burial. The fact that they were so important to their societies and possibly their belief structure, meant that they were later regarded as suitable places for burying the most important of thier dead.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
the kings of khemet(agyptos,egypt) resided in the valley of the kings...

the pyramids builds energy i believe, what kind i not know, maybe spiritual...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I heard there are tunnels in some Egyptian pyramids that go deep below the surface toware the centre of the Earth. Is there any truth to this?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
one would have to investigate further, but unfortunately the original men are no longer there...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Pyramid's are everywhere, especialy in Asia. Not only does China have Pyramids, but so does Japan, Tibet, and Russia. Pyramid structures are all over the planet, many of them share similair astrological patters, some less famous pyramids have been found in England, South America, and even the United States. For some reason most cultures felt the need to build pyramids and align them with the stars.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Don't leave out the pyramids recently discovered in Italy. As the previous post indicates, pyramids have been discovered about everywhere, but are most famous in Egypt and Central/South America.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Heres some info on the early chinese emporer and his tomb:

For more than two millennia, the weathered, unimposing tumulus of Qin Shihuangdi, China's first emperor, has loomed among the cornfields and fruit trees east of Xian.
While the discovery 29 years ago of the marvelous terra cotta warriors that guard the burial site came as a complete surprise, the existence of the mound was common knowledge. Yet, to this day, the tomb of Qin (pronounced "Chin") Shihuangdi � who united warring states and took the name "China's First Emperor" � remains untouched by the spades of archaeologists. A conundrum wrapped in legend and rumor, the resting place of the emperor holds the promise of a treasure trove that staggers the minds of those who have studied, contemplated and dreamt of unearthing it.
"It is the greatest enigma in archaeology," said Wang Xueli, a professor at the Shaanxi Provincial Archeological Institute who is considered one of the foremost experts on the burial site. Upon its completion, the Emperor's earthen mound rivaled the pyramids of Egypt in scope and ambition. While the pyramids have been opened and found largely looted and empty, nobody knows exactly what Qin Shihuangdi's sepulchre contains.

After the burial vault, side chambers and passageways were built, and the pit was covered with earth and topped with the terraced mound.
According to the "Shi Ji" ("Historical Records") of Sima Qian, a scholar from the Western Han dynasty (206 B.C.-A.D. 25), which contains the earliest account of Qin Shihuangdi's mausoleum, the emperor was laid to rest in a bronze casket amid a sea and rivers of mercury, which was circulated by a kind of perpetual-motion device. Other records describe the emperor being dressed in jade and gold, with pearls in his mouth, and the coffin floating on the mercury.

The vaulted ceiling is said to be covered with pearl versions of night-sky constellations and the floor covered with a miniature landscape of his empire, with models of pavilions and palaces. Entrances to the vault are booby-trapped with hair-trigger crossbows to pierce intruders with arrows.
washingtontimes.com...

I saw a special on this tomb on Discovery Channel a long time ago.

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ran across this interesting tidbit on those Chinese Pyramids....
"Secret Chinese Pyramids Evidence of Alien Visitors?"
Link:
english.pravda.ru...

It seems that the "White Pyramid" of China is built on or close to a sensetive military launch site.....

"The Fabulous 1,000-Foot White Pyramid of Xian"
Link:
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

The "White Pyramid" of China is located in a valley, named Qin Lin, somewhere in the Himalayan Mountains, of western China. It was discovered by James Gaussman (link: www.survive2012.com..., who was flying supply missions between India and Chungking during WWII. He was apparently having trouble with his plane's fuel pumps, so he dropped to a lower altitude to thaw them out and that's when he saw the White Pyramid, by itself in a valley. It's location has never been found nor Gaussman's story verified.

"The majority of pyramids are found in Qinghai and Shensi provinces, of western China. Qinghai province is in fact eastern Tibet and was where the present Dalai Lama was born. This area of China is so remote and sparsely populated, the Chinese take advantage of this for missile tests, space research and secret military business.

The Chinese Government planted trees on the pyramids in the 1980s to disguise them as hills, otherwise anyone with a plane or satellite overhead could spot the pyramids and use them as a road-sign pointing to the secret military bases. They're still recognisable as they just appear out of nowhere in the middle of flat farming land."

Link:
www.survive2012.com...
(scroll down to approxly. half page under China)

Also found this article:
"Chinese Scientists to Head for Suspected ET Relics"
Link:english.peopledaily.com.cn...[/url]

Excerpt:
"A group of nine Chinese scientists will go to west China's Qinghai Province this month to closely examine the relics thought by some to have been left by extraterrestrial beings (ET)."

Hope this information helps.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a pyramid war in our distant history...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join