It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., France OK U.N. Mideast truce pact????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"An official with knowledge of the talks, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the draft calls for a "full cessation of violence" between Israel and Hezbollah, but would allow Israel the right to launch strikes if Hezbollah attacks it"

news.yahoo.com...

At least they are being realistic.
I can see it now.

Israel stops it removing of the hezbolla, and Hezbolla continues it's terrorists attacks-sigh.

As I have said from the beging and say again and again, Who will go in and stop the hezbolla terrorists AND their Iranian and yrian master who provide money/training and weapons to the terrorists.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its great they agreed to a resolution but its not going to work until Israel and Hezbo want the cease-fire. Not the UN, US or anyone else can stop it. If it were that easy just to pass a resolution and say "ok stop fighting now" then all the major conflicts in the world would be over.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
hezbollah has made it clear that as long as there are israeili troops in lebanon, they will not stop fighting.

So unless the resolution asks israeil to withdraw troops, I don't think there will be a cease fire anytime soon.

Keep It Real

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
hezbollah has made it clear that as long as there are israeili troops in lebanon, they will not stop fighting.

So unless the resolution asks israeil to withdraw troops, I don't think there will be a cease fire anytime soon.

Keep It Real

And on the flip side, Israel won't leave Lebanon until Hezbollah stop fighting. And, without knowing the actual details of the resolution, I doubt a Peacekeeping force is going to be keen to go between the two.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Its one of those you go first deals. Good luck but Israel wont stop until a peacekeeping force is ready and willing to go in with force to back up the resolutions AND they've gotten a 20 miles buffer zone.

As y'all have said, no time soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I dont understand, this is pointless.

Ukraine and Canada could agree on terms for a cease fire between israel and lebanon, but ultimately unless hezbollah and isreal are at the table, with input, and agreeing to the terms, it means JACK didly squat.

Why do I get the point this is just PR/Propoganda by the western powers.
I mean Hezbollah and Israel have both been parading that they are TRYING, but its the OTHER guy who's not willing.

Well, now the USA can sit back and say, '' Hey, we did what we could, theyr'e the ones that wouldnt come to terms for peace ''

Why oh why do the USA need to protect there a55e5?

So hezbollah now have missls capable of hittin telaviv,
They have told israel they will hit , if beirut is hit.. which it has been.
When would irans 'volunteers' be arriving? would it take days? weeks?

Why do I get the feeling the reason Hezbollah ahvent hit telaviv yet, is because the people whom know how to use these missles, the people who know how to accuratley strike tel aviv, havent arrived yet...

Now who would know how to use Iranian/Syrian missles?

GOT IT... the volunteers!

From this Monday, to the Next friday I am going to keep this thread bookmarked, as a serious escalation is about to occur.

hezbollah , in all there forms wont sit back while israel continually marches further and further into lebanon.
They have to come good on some of there rantings, or bascially IRAN/Syria and hezbollah will lose too much cred, too much muscle and influence in the area.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yay! I can stop calling French Fries, Freedom Fries!

Woohoo!

new topics

top topics

join