Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mathematical formula to prove the existence of god?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yesterday I was going through videos on Metacafe and there was one with Mr. Randi talking about Uri Geller. However, it wasn't the video that cought my attention but one comment made by some guy.
He claimed to had seen a TV show on ABC several years ago. In that show, according to him, there was a guy with an incredibly high IQ - actually, so high that contemporary tests couldn't measure it. He allegedly was a biker working as a bouncer in some bar.
What's most interesting that this biker had been working on mathematical formula to prove the existence of god.

Anybody heard something on this topic? Maybe someone here also saw this show.
I was googling for any information but unsuccesfully.




posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There was a guy on The Countdown prolly a year ago now that supposedly had a formula to prove Gods existence. I didnt get to see it but I remember it because I wanted to watch that program.

Maybe that will help narrow your search.



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I doubt that maths can prove that there is a god. I'd bet my life on the fact that it couldn't. My life is a universe. In a way I'd bet the universe.



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I dont think this is a recent thing ... I believe I read about a 17th Century mathematician who thought he had proved gods existance. In the end his logic was flawed I think.

Also I dont think you can have such a high IQ that it cant be tested by an IQ test! IQ isnt a definative figure like height or weight its a complete manifest of the test.



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I dont think you can have such a high IQ that it cant be tested by an IQ test! IQ isnt a definative figure like height or weight its a complete manifest of the test.


Is there like a high score or something then?



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I dont think there is a maximum score but a maximum practically obtainable score since it becomes increasingly less likely to get a score the higher it is.



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You are probably thinking of this guy:

George Hammond
SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF GOD WEBSITE
1st mirror site:
geocities.com...
2nd mirror site:
proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com...
new site (under construction):
home.comcast.net...

He's not a super-genius or anything like that though. Review the website and determine for yourself.



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower
Yesterday I was going through videos on Metacafe and there was one with Mr. Randi talking about Uri Geller. However, it wasn't the video that cought my attention but one comment made by some guy.
He claimed to had seen a TV show on ABC several years ago. In that show, according to him, there was a guy with an incredibly high IQ - actually, so high that contemporary tests couldn't measure it. He allegedly was a biker working as a bouncer in some bar.
What's most interesting that this biker had been working on mathematical formula to prove the existence of god.

Anybody heard something on this topic? Maybe someone here also saw this show.
I was googling for any information but unsuccesfully.


Yes....I saw that show! It was a show like 20/20, Primetime, 48 Hours...something along that lines. The focus of the show was people with high iq's.....not to highlight the individual's quest for God through mathematics. The show struck me because, if I remember corrrectly, the man lived very modestly, loved riding his bike....I think he was actually unemployed. The show aired about 2 years ago...possibly.



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If this was the case that there was some scientific evidence for god then what god or gods are we talking here? This would still not be proof of the existence of jehovah or allah etc but maybe Horus or Mengi the flying teacup.
After having a quick look at the evidence it seems to me that it is a bunch of pseudoscience blended together to give the impression that the author knows what he is talking about and also the fact that faith still has to enter into the equation.

I think you will find that it is wrong.


G



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think it was more the proof of a higher power rather than the proof of any specific god or religion.

This all occured during a period in which mathematicians had a renaissonce and some believed that through maths you could find the answers of life.



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ever seen the movie Pi?

Ah what about the show with all the idiot savants'? They had one from england he learned a language in 24 hours he was sent to california for testing and showed he was real. He made a refference to the number 9, and how it fascinated him.

Its all there giving enough study. Try not to turn into a heretic at the end of it



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What have Autistic Savants got to do with this? They are completely fascinating but dont really relate to this topic ... or have I missed something?

NB: most people prefer not to use the word idiot when referring to them.



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
First he was not Autistic and someone very familar with mat to these levels recognizes something about the number 9 this is hard to describe within logic. As well as 216. Anyway as the thread is the formula to god equals 216 also known as gods code or gods name which 9 is very related to this. bah whatever


Originally posted by gfad
What have Autistic Savants got to do with this? They are completely fascinating but dont really relate to this topic ... or have I missed something?

NB: most people prefer not to use the word idiot when referring to them.



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I think it was more the proof of a higher power rather than the proof of any specific god or religion.

No, the guy presents it as proof of the judeo-christian god. He holds that god is "described by the Einstein Curvature of Psychometry space", ie the forumlae "God=G_uv"

That is the 'mathematical formula that proves the existence of god". That is the claim anyway. And that god is the judeo-christian creator of the bible.

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Nygdan]



posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
First he was not Autistic and someone very familar with mat to these levels recognizes something about the number 9 this is hard to describe within logic. As well as 216. Anyway as the thread is the formula to god equals 216 also known as gods code or gods name which 9 is very related to this. bah whatever


Originally posted by gfad
What have Autistic Savants got to do with this? They are completely fascinating but dont really relate to this topic ... or have I missed something?

NB: most people prefer not to use the word idiot when referring to them.


Yeah I know, the guy's called daniel temmet, I think, and the number nine was like a big towering structure to him. The number six was like a black hole. what's interesting is what do you get if you multiply 6 by 6? you get 36. and what do you get if you multiply 6 by 36? you get 216...

so 6 x 6 x 6 = 216...the number of the beast.



posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks for all the info and links. I'm certainly going to check them.

It's curiosity that is driving me, not blindness



posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower
Thanks for all the info and links. I'm certainly going to check them.

It's curiosity that is driving me, not blindness


maybe curiosity will blind you!





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join