It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One giant blunder for mankind: how NASA lost moon pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
source

It is indeed a sad day, when you loose your own historic film capturing one of mankinds greatest acheivements. Why wasn't this film under say the Smithonians care or something. Instead of floating around NASA storage rooms?

But just 37 years after Apollo 11, it is feared the magnetic tapes that recorded the first moon walk - beamed to the world via three tracking stations, including Parkes's famous "Dish" - have gone missing at NASA's Goddard Space Centre in Maryland.

A desperate search has begun amid concerns the tapes will disintegrate to dust before they can be found.

It is not widely known that the Apollo 11 television broadcast from the moon was a high-quality transmission, far sharper than the blurry version relayed instantly to the world on that July day in 1969.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Quite possibly those magnetic tapes got confused with someone's reels of Jimmi Hendrix and ended up in the trunk of an old 68 Buick or something. Maybe this was like the predecessor of the guy who took home veterans info on his laptop only to get it stolen. Maybe, just maybe some white collar geek took these tapes home to watch them on an old 3/4" Sony Umatic deck and someone broke in and stole his VTR way back in the 70's?

Needless to say, it is probably right where they left them, next to Kennedy's brain in a corner of the national archives.

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If these were the clearest pictures they have of the moon landings, maybe they were "lost" on purpose so as to hide something?

Are NASA that stupid not to have copies of the clearest footage of one of the most significant events of our history?

CX.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What?!
They can digitally re-master Star Wars, but the historic 'high-quality' video recordings of Mankind's first walk on another planet have been misplaced. . .

Yeah, right.

[edit on 5/8/06 by shanti23]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is all bull.
The truth is that it is very much there. It is a huge conspiracy to tell the world that the tapes are missing or lost so that no one asks for access to these.

They probably contain Top Secret footage which NASA doesn't want anyone to see.
So this is a convenient alibi. No tapes, no inconvenient questions.

Another friggin' dubious scheme hatched by Black orgs including NASA.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Another proof that they didn't land on the moon by themselves.They went in alien spaceships,thats how they got the damm moon rocks which make people believe that the apollo astronauts went on the moon on saturn V.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This stinks to high heaven.

What next Neil and Buzz were pro footballers.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Stolen. I don't have proof though. It will come out in the future.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They found it:

news.bbc.co.uk...

What will these clowns do next.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_DARK_KNIGHT
They found it:

news.bbc.co.uk...

What will these clowns do next.

I do not believe this is the same tape they are talking about. This looks to just be an audio tape and the article is some years old, from 2001. This recent issue is an entirely different thing.

TheMesh

CX

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
No links on thier website but Sky News are reporting this morning that NASA has lost the moon landing tapes, and are sorting through over 30 years of archived material to find it. They seem to be reporting it as though it had just happened, not lost a week ago or more.

Tell me this is'nt yet another one?

What is going on up there?

CX.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
An earlier post was made here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry this thread is now closed.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I admit it's rather disturbing, though not in the way that I suspect a conspiracy. Just seems bs to me that NASA first throws away/loses the plans for the Saturn V rocket, and then they mispalce a piece of historic footage. Come on people... get your heads on straight.

top topics

join