It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw a UFO in Upstate New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hi, I've read these boards for quite a long time and this finally inspired me to sign up.

Was outside watching a meteor shower at roughly 2:30 AM when I noticed three "stars" moving northward at a decent rate of speed (however, way too slow for the meteorites I've been seeing all night). Upon closer inspection, I realized these were lights on a huge aircraft. I've been looking at a perfectly clear sky all night - and the dark underbelly of the craft was obvious against the starlit night sky. I live 3 miles from a regional airport so I see normal air traffic at all hours of the day. And I can honestly say that in my 22 years on this planet I have NEVER seen a UFO; much less something like this. This craft's flight was completely silent; nothing like I've ever witnessed.

This is not the ravings of a lunatic. I'd been extremely skeptical my entire life - I was taken aback by what I saw tonight. Is there a rational explanation?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Did it have lights in any sort of a pattern ? round, triangle... also how fast would you say it was going compared to normal flight traffic ?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Did it have lights in any sort of a pattern ? round, triangle... also how fast would you say it was going compared to normal flight traffic ?

Sorry, I can't believe I left that stuff out.

Triangle; quite slow, about the speed a typical blimp flies at. Altitude - hard to tell; if I had to hazard a guess probably 1-3k feet.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Um.... as a simple matter of geometry, unless the're in a perfectly straight line, any 3 lights will form a triangle. Sorry to be such a pedant

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Um.... as a simple matter of geometry, unless the're in a perfectly straight line, any 3 lights will form a triangle. Sorry to be such a pedant

lol. You're right though. The lights formed close to an equilateral triangle.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Saw more weird stuff tonight. A blinking red & white light caught my eye at about 45 degrees above the horizon; to the east. At first I thought it was simply a plane. However; 20 minutes later the object was still visible at about 30 degrees above the horizon. After a period of steady flight; I noticed the object drop behind a tree at a high rate of speed, and erratically bounce back up into the sky. It continued to zig-zag and move in circles; staying in the same general area of the horizon. Lights blinked from white to red to blue in no discernable pattern. I watched this for over an hour and it never once left my sight.

Any rational explanation for EITHER of these events?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Have a look at these!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Whereabouts upstate are you. I'm currently in Sullivan County for the weekend.

Kinda curious where this is going on.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm just north of Ithaca in the central part of the state. Have never seen anything remotely UFOish around here prior to the last 2 nights.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Are you anywhere near Rome Airforce base?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Not to be a righteous,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Follow this, it leaves out all the BS. It may take some time to write, but saves you and members time in the end. We should just be focusing on the sighting.

Just my .2 euro.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
No , your right. He should be writing, not taking suggestive thoughts from us right now.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
On friday night I was coming down the Taconic State parkway south of Albany at 11:30 pm and i also saw a strange object in the sky. I thought at first it was a plane coming out of Albany airport but then i noticed that lighting layout was not like an airplane...if you want a drawing you can pm me

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I just posted more thorough reviews of both sightings on this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Went out star-gazing again tonight; unfortunately not very good conditions with clouds & haze. Could make out some stars at times; didn't witness anything out of the ordinary.

area51- can you PM me your drawings? I don't meet the 20 post requirement. What I saw the first night looked similar to the infamous black triangles in shape; but lacked any lighting other than the 3 points of the triangle; other than I could tell.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I was not gonna say anything about this until your post made me think twice about it. The 2 white lights in the center were strobing. the 4 outer lights were soild. At first i thought it was a plane but then i was thinking....hmmmm those 2 redlights are on the wings...but himmmm for the other 2 red lights to be the distance there were from the center this thing would have to have 2 wings. I was like WTF is that

top topics

join