It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phoenix Lights. New evidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I was searching through google today on an event that has stood out to me for a very long time, The Phoenix Lights. I wanted to know if anyone has new information for this event or any theories on what occured over the skies of Phoenix that night. Also I came across a site that claimed that it had new information on the event that will supposedly finally put an end to this story but have yet to release it to the public. According to them 2 construction workers came across a box thay contained pieces to a puzzle that had something to do with the Phoenix lights phenomena. The link to the site can be found here www.lightsoverphoenix.com... I wanted to know what you guys think of this find and site and any information or theories you would like to share. Thank you so much for your time and I will be egar to hear your replies =).

Seeker

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have no idea what this box supposedly contains.

I'm skeptical it will definitively solve the Phoenix Lights Mystery.
Looking over the website, it seems clear they back an extraterrestrial visitation hypothesis, which I agree is the most likely answer.

From the website:
"In the past few months we also noticed that the Vatican is openly “admitting” certain possibilities. That’s an interesting position and a welcome one. Let us predict here that in the next few years the Church will make more announcements that will validate what we will present to you in the re-enactment. "

Vatican Official declares on National Television: Extraterrestrial Contact is Real
www.lightsoverphoenix.com...

So without a doubt, they believe this box will somehow "prove"

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The site has been around for well over two years, as this thread shows :
Lights over Phoenix solved?

What in Tarnation are they waiting for?

Sorry to say, I believe they are playing the well-known "Let's see how long we can keep those suckers on the Net in suspense" game. Thirty months (at least) to produce absolute evidence and what have they shown?

SQUAT

[edit on 8/5/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
From Filmmaker.com, the Magazine of Independent Film :

The Phoenix Lights Mystery

What you are about to see is not fiction but the incredible discovery by two construction workers in Phoenix, Arizona, that reveals what were the lights that flew over that city on March 13, 1997, known as the Phoenix Lights Mystery...

Linked right to lightsoverphoenix.com.

A post by RR from the other PL thread :

I found that site a little over a year ago and at the time did a little googling and found out that it was apparently supposed to be a play, screenplay or movie about the Phoenix Lights, something about a priest and a married couple who supposedly knew what the whole thing was about and the mysterious box.

Anyway it was in the same vein as Blair Witch; presented as real but really not. By the way, I looked in a month or so ago and the site hasn't been updated since I was last there over 6 months ago so the project may have been abandoned.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i live in phoenix and have seen some very strange lights on a couple occasions. ive seen lights that look EXACTLY like the phoenix lights and in all honesty i believe they are military flares. they exhibit the same characteristics. and we have alot of air bases here. however, ive seen lights that look like burning plasma , which rise in the air and eventually start to break off and appear to almost be dropping flares of their own, and then burn out in a dramatic way. these lights are what really make me wonder, not the type of lights like the "phoenix lights"

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by charliegrs
i live in phoenix and have seen some very strange lights on a couple occasions. ive seen lights that look EXACTLY like the phoenix lights and in all honesty i believe they are military flares. they exhibit the same characteristics. and we have alot of air bases here. however, ive seen lights that look like burning plasma , which rise in the air and eventually start to break off and appear to almost be dropping flares of their own, and then burn out in a dramatic way. these lights are what really make me wonder, not the type of lights like the "phoenix lights"

I believe we can safely say they are not flares. For one thing, they are not falling but stay at the same vertical position while moving horizontally across the sky. Secondly they don't flicker like flares do and the smoke produced by aircraft flares is not visible in the pheonix lights.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There's a great book on the subject called simply, "The Phoenix Lights" by a Dr. Lynn Kitei, a local doctor who witnessed and recorded the famous footage, and she did quite a bit of research into the subject attempting to find an explanation that was earthly and eventually finding that such answers didn't make sense and that it must have been extraterrestrial... check it out on amazon...

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There was a recent Phoenix LIghts UFO from about early July, unfortunateley I don't remember where I found it.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Just watched a show about it on the Travel Channel. They used one of the videos as an example, then took a daytime video from the same spot..both pointed at a mountain range. Then they overlayed the 2 videos so you could see the lights, and see where the mountains were in the daylight. Each light disappeared at the exact point where the top of the mountains were in relation to each light, so whatever it was, flares or something else, definitely dropped below the mountains. Very conclusive, don't see how there can be any doubt. This was used to prove that whatever it was, was behind the mountains and dropped below as opposed to some claiming in they were in front of the mountains. This was supposed to prove it was flares as the military said. Of course all it really proves is that it was SOMETHING dropping below the top of the mountains. Don't know why it had to be flares. That said, they also showed an example of flares that a TV station took months later. Looked EXACTLY the same as the 'Phoenix Lights.'

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
um, except i remember the damn things, i was on 67th and encanto, and it floated right over my freakin head. furthermore, i saw it again, years later, while i was living in avondale, and it was off to the west.

most convincing evidence of extraterrestrial life i know of, but i still doubt that ET's would bother with us

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are I believe hundreds of witnesses that saw an actual "craft" of some type along with the lights. A family driving along I-10 south of Phoenix said it looked dull blue/grey and was enormous. Large enough many people reported as it moved it blocked the light of stars. When it first happened, Luke AFB completely denied anything was even there.
The story about flares didn't come out until later. If there had been military airplanes dropping flares, they would have known immediately their exercise had been mistaken for a UFO and let the news stations know. But of course the night it happened they said nothing about planes or flares. The governor made it out to be a joke, and later went to jail for corruption. I also read the craft supposedly stopped and hovered over the intersection of Indian School Rd and 7th ave for 20 minutes. Wish I could have seen this. I'll have to read that book.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
There are I believe hundreds of witnesses that saw an actual "craft" of some type along with the lights. A family driving along I-10 south of Phoenix said it looked dull blue/grey and was enormous. Large enough many people reported as it moved it blocked the light of stars. When it first happened, Luke AFB completely denied anything was even there.
The story about flares didn't come out until later. If there had been military airplanes dropping flares, they would have known immediately their exercise had been mistaken for a UFO and let the news stations know. But of course the night it happened they said nothing about planes or flares. The governor made it out to be a joke, and later went to jail for corruption. I also read the craft supposedly stopped and hovered over the intersection of Indian School Rd and 7th ave for 20 minutes. Wish I could have seen this. I'll have to read that book.

Nor did anyone hear the aircraft needed to drop the flares.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think there was the video I described where it was only seen in the distance, then the others reporting one actually flying over. The one I described then may have been an object that dropped below the mountain range. Because that demonstration was very compelling and SOMETHING at least in THAT video dropped below the range.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainKirk
Nor did anyone hear the aircraft needed to drop the flares.

Well lets be a little real here, no one would have. These flares were several miles away. There's really no question to me that they were flares, however the sightings that took place earlier in the evening, of which only ONE video exists, are a different story. I dont believe that was any flare.

I've always held the suspicion that the flares were possibly dropped to stir attention away, or give secondary explaination to, a possible black project craft seen earlier. Perhaps the project had navagational issues, or engine problems, which is why it was seen in the area at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Are there any VIDEOS of the Phoenix Lights?? Because I've only seen pictures of the event, never any videos.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My boyfriend and I encountered the same ship (or at least one from the same fleet) about a year ago on the I-10 CA/AZ border area. It was practically right over our vehicle and it was the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced in my life. I was fumbling around trying to find my camera but my bf wasn't going to stop the car no matter what I said. It was unbelievable and I really didn't expect to "panic out" like I did; I regret that I wasn't able to think clearly enuf to stop, get pics, etc....

All I can say is we know what we saw. It was dusk and that ship was the size of a football field. It was metallic, disc shaped and had orange lights; there is no mistaking what we saw for flares, etc.

This craft (probably more than one tho) is seen on a regular basis by AZ residents and for whatever reason has been lingering for quite a few years now. I had a "once in a lifetime" experience but I actually think theres a pretty good chance of seeing it again given that they seem to have basically taken up residence in the AZ skies.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I remember reading about the Phoenix lights on another site back in '97. Thousands of people called 911 operatotrs to report seeing a huge craft over Phoenix.

The day after I emailed my stepbrother who works at Luke AFB and asked him about the lights. He said "There was nothing in the sky last night".

The Air Force's default answer to all UFO sightings is Deny, Deny,Deny.

He called me a few days later and told me to never email him about this sort of thing again. We have never to this date talked about this again.

Flares?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It wasnt over Phoenix, "it" meaning the lights were miles away over a test drop center.

The issue of the flares vs the sightings of a V shaped craft are where the issue is, and as I said before it's probably the reason for the flare drops.

Since the flares were dropped by a MD National Guard unit, I have been looking into *what reason* the flares were dropped on that particular night. I mean bears the question...why then.

There's no question in my mind with all the evidence provided and captured that these were flares dropped FAR beyond the mountain range. What I question is why, and is it in fact connected to the earlier sightings of a large V shaped craft. One of the questions to ask is was the pilot or pilots involved in the drop told to arc the drop, thereby making a V shape to the city.

top topics

join