It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Policies Are Destroying Army, Marines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
After 9-11, I once again seriously flirted with the idea of going back in. But I was strongly urged not to do so, by friends/family who were still in. They told me (due to the complete breakdown of professionalism - that Skadi touched on), I would probly get into a lot of trouble down the line - b/c I'm old school. I was told that I wouldn't be able to deal w/how ridiculously disrespectful and out of hand the troops had become (throughout Clinton's tenure). they were probly very right. And they truly lamented the way it was around the time of the Gulf War and back.

The Army I served in, was the height of professionalism and I have nothing but praise for our leadership from the White House down, and for the men and women I served with. They were some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and working with.

I truly lament the way things have gotten. Today's soldiers deserve the same level of excellence in leadership, quality of training and mission clarity. Its just tragic. And that all comes from the top.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Really I don't think you can blame Clinton for the breakdown in the military. It has always alternated between balls clinching tension and chronic boredom. I didn't serve in combat but you board a sinking vessel in the north Atlantic in the middle of winter and try and save it in waist deep in ice water thats getting deeper. Anyway I blame privatization. When I was in we did everything, not just constantly train for our specific jobs. We chipped paint, stood watch, peeled potatoes, whatever was to be done we did it, and it built a comraderie that just training for your job will never do.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join