It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hydrogen from Ethanol

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Engineers at the University of Minnesota have successfully developed a reactor that efficiently produces hydrogen from ethanol.

Hydrogen from Ethanol




posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You can pretty much get hydrogen out of any hydrocarbon.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't understand why someone would go through all the trouble to make ethanol then use it to make hydrogen? Ethanol is a great fuel on it's own, cheap to make, powerful, etc.
Water, being mostly hydrogen, seems like a better source. Two thirds of each molecule of water is hydrogen. That's where my money is going....



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I don't understand why someone would go through all the trouble to make ethanol then use it to make hydrogen? Ethanol is a great fuel on it's own, cheap to make, powerful, etc.
Water, being mostly hydrogen, seems like a better source. Two thirds of each molecule of water is hydrogen. That's where my money is going....


No, 11% of a water molecule is hydrogen. Oxygen is the other 89% (duh)... although, my calculation could be off if the hydrogen is an isotope called Deuterium, but that's only in "Heavy Water"... and tritium. But that doesn't matter.



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
When you're actually calculating how much of a water molecule is Hydrogen you have to state whether you are talking about atomic ratios or volume, mass or size proportions or your calculations are useless.

Oh and deutirium isnt in tritium ... tritium is an even heavier isotope of hydrogen than deutirium with 3 protons.

[edit on 5/8/06 by gfad]



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join