It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an old hand returns... how boring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
an old hand returns... how boring

Fond regards one and all.

Finding myself in the far-flung reaches of the digital divide, I return to discover my occasional haunt rife with change and growth.

To all I knew, hello again.

To all who are new, hello and good quest.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You are a golden oldie returned?

Well then tell us the history of ATS as you remember it when you have the chance.

Look forward to conversing with you in future.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You have some interesting posts! I used to read them before becoming a member myself along with *other* names which have banished or been banned

Welcome back! Lot's of new names and plenty of complimentary thoughts on us

Mags

[Edited on 10/30/03 by magestica]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Imagine my surprise over familiarity with my sparse contributions.

Mr. Neo, I'm not so much of an old-timer, and may have misled you somewhat. My previous experience on this community dates not much further back than 13 months. Alas, not really an old-timer.

But "back then" in the days when this site was occasionally unavailable, 40 people online all at once (a combination of members and guests, a tally you can see at the bottom of the community home page) would often bring the site to a slow crawl if not halt.

And this below thing smells of the populace. I believe I shall avoid that for now.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
69, 84, you name it, we were there.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I welcome you, as I may. I encourage you to debate because it appears that you have a head on your shoulders.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Itroductions have been made, good cheer to you both. I think you'll find each other to be birds of a feather.

I know I see you that way!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Is it my imagination...or does Mr. Smith sound like Dr. Hannibal Lecter ?

Welcome back Mr. Smith. I'm looking forward to your take on the "New" ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hi, I remember you WS. It's just too bad that when I went away, nobody remembered me when I came back. Lots of people became moderators that I didn't expect.

ATS is wholly revamped. Fun place to be, but not if no one pays attention to you.(I can't seem to be able to start a good debate whith anyone)

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I remember you from before.

Cause I have a cat named Winston

Welcome back Lecter

OOp's.... I meant.... Mr. Smith

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Mr. Avatar,
I grok.

Mr. Ktprktpr (!)
I noticed a dedicated debate fora. If I'm able to devote the time, I may indeed apply to participate.

Mr. darklanser,
I sound like Winston Smith, none other.

And Mr. Hayner,
I'm sorry for your personal lack of group recognition. I am very surprised my name caused recollection myself. I expected a need to reintroduce my virtual persona to the community.

Oh... and to MountainStar
A fine name for a cat, but unfortunately, you've made a critical error. You do not have a cat, the cat has you. As is the case with all felines who tolerate the presence of mere humans.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
ahh a familier avatar comes back.. how you doing winston!

and where did you go to? if you dont mind me asking !

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good day Mr Smith, they call me Tassadar, anyone with a righteous frame of mind refers to me as Tass.
Nice to meet you!

As you check into the recent EXTRAORDINARY advancements in the site, you may find this thread to be of exceptional interest:
The Omega Agency Research Project

Cheers Mr Smith!

- Tass

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You guys are right, he does sound like Hannibal Lecter. Why didn't I notice that before? Hmmm....

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Is it my imagination...or does Mr. Smith sound like Dr. Hannibal Lecter ?

Welcome back Mr. Smith. I'm looking forward to your take on the "New" ATS.

As long as he doesn't invite you over for dinner with a nice bottle of chianti and some fava beans you should be ok.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Welcome back, so sayeth Lysergic.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Again I must thank all for a kind and warm welcome on my return to contribution.

Mr. Darklanser,

My "take" on the new ATS is as yet unformed. I find the foundation of technology impressive, many of the new members excellent personas, but unfortunately many of the old thorns-in-the-side appear to remain in either the same virtual persona, or new ones.

Mr. Runner,

Affairs in the offline realm of meatspace conspired to prevent the time to contribute.

Mr. Tassadar,

Since my "reighteousness" remains somewhat unclear from your vantage point, I shall be more formal with you until given clearance otherwise. I have read much of the research thread you referred to me, and must say I was entertained. My experience with this group as the "covert action arm" of the Trilateral Commission has been spotty over the years, and almost nonexistent over the past five years.

Mr. Hayner,

I suppose it is a compliment to read that I portray a persona that is reminiscent of a psychotic cannibalistic mass murder (albeit, a fictitious one). I'm just not sure how yet.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Winston Smith]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Mr. Smith,

I meant no offense sir. I was merely complimenting on your eloquent use of the English (proper) language. I do believe that (the fictional character known as) Hannibal Lecter was of super-genius calibre, and had but one vice. The consumption of one's own species is frowned upon in more civilised societies, unfortunately. I believe your posts will be a breath of fresh air to this e-community. Welcome, again.

darklanser

[Edited on 10-31-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hey, welcome back Winston!!!

The caliber of ATS just went up a few notches...

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winston Smith
I suppose it is a compliment to read that I portray a persona that is reminiscent of a psychotic cannibalistic mass murder (albeit, a fictitious one). I'm just not sure how yet.

He was psychotic, but a genius as well...

Good luck to you on our new ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join