It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

star wars a new hope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i watched it last night on video did any body see ob one use mind tricks on luke at ob one house. "learn about the force luke" i can take you as far as mostlysy space port ? he was being minipulated from the start

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Doubtful, as Luke was already fairly in tune with the force.

And you say "right from the start." Are you implying that he was manipulated later on in the films? If so, how and by whom?

Also, not to nitpick, but it's Obi-Wan and Mos Eisley.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
i would love it if they remade all the star wars movies, and if they did i can almost come up with a cast that would suit the roles almost perfectly. if you wanna know who you gotta ask

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I wish they would remake the newer three...

Just don't let George Lucas write the script, and make them in the same style as the originals - meaning no CGI.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh god no! 98% of remakes turn out to be a joke compared to the original and with the fanatical nature of SW fans it would never go over. I mean even the special additions are ragged on and there is only about an extra 10 minutes of footage in each one of those.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Special Edition Versions do suck... The DVD versions of the originals suck even more. I want the original, unedited, unchanged versions. When those come out, I'll buy them.

HAN SHOT FIRST!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by joadco
i would love it if they remade all the star wars movies, and if they did i can almost come up with a cast that would suit the roles almost perfectly. if you wanna know who you gotta ask

alright i'll bite, who would be great??

Also, The star wars movies are boring but you got to admit there really a political movie and some people are onlly hoping for action, action, action... the acting is terrible, but lucas wanted it to appeal to 12 year olds. its suppose to have huge spiritual overtones from every major religeon in it as well. But really, what if obi-wan was using luke. luke and obi-wan according to the movie, were just being used by the "force". fullfill the prophecy bring balance to the force....

Anyway, i guess i'm a nerd for knowing that much about starwars LOL...

Anyone want to debate the similarites between what happened in starwars and whats happening in our government now? The chancelor got emergency powers over the senate during times of war to protect everyones freedoms and then, POW empire was born.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Jedi mind trick only works on weak-minded fools.

new topics

top topics

join