It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran wants nuclear technology for peaceful purposes then

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why did Iran hide thier nuclear program for twenty years?

Why will Iran not suspend (not stop, only suspend) their enrichment program so the UN can investigate?

Why does Iran constantly express interst in removing Israel of the map and then wonder why many do not believe their statement on peaceful useage of nuclear technology?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You don't have to go back 20 years to prove that Iran wants a nuclear weapon. You only have to look at comments that Iranian President Ahmadinejad made a couple days ago. To me this reads, "We will nuke the Americans, British, and Israel."

Iranian News Channel (IRINN) on August 1, 2006

"When I see the behavior of America, England, and their other accomplices in recent days, I get the impression that they are preparing even greater crimes. I warn them: Know that the fire of the wrath of the peoples is about to erupt and overflow."

...."Today, the Iranian people is the owner of nuclear technology."

... "If they have not realized this by now, they soon will, but then it will be too late. Then they will realize that they are facing a vigilant, proud people."

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Most of the time you just have to take people at their words regardless of certain individuals in that group or your own personal bias. Everyone loses in a nuclear war, I don't think that is their intentions. If anything, if not for energy then defense, and we all can relate to this...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So if they would said that they not want nuclear program for peace but for war purpose, as Israël, Pakistan and India did in secret, helped by France, Britain, Germany and of course USA, it would be okay?

If they withdraw from the nuclear non-proliferation treaty they would be legally able to built nukes?

Why will Iran not suspend (not stop, only suspend) their enrichment program so the UN can investigate?

And as the iran's president stated it many times, it's they're right to enrich their own uranium in their own soil. And Iran did stop their enrichiment for 2 years but no progress were made and UN never found any proof of nuclear weapons program anywhere. Everything Israël and USA are basing on it's assumption because of the iranian president's rhetoric. No hard proof. As in Iraq. France and other countries accepted the security council officialy because USA showed them secret proofs. As with Iraq. But we know that it's not the real reason why.

Why does Iran constantly express interst in removing Israel of the map and then wonder why many do not believe their statement on peaceful useage of nuclear technology?
Because if he does not do that, he'll lose his president place. It's just rhetoric. They've being doing that for years and now that they want to bomb Iran, the western medias are doing a show with everything he says.

Because they believe that they're not humans, they're fanatics. They don't consider that if they use nukes, they'll get wipe off the map.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If Iran with draws from the NPT then they could build nukes to their hearts content legally....like North Korea did.

But Iran won't even give the 90 days notice (as required by the NPT) to withdraw from the treaty.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
what would the world power's reaction (militarily or otherwise) be if Iran were to withdraw from the NPT?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates "We will nuke the Americans"

That really makes me mad, if they tried that it would make me want to join the army but then bush would just send me to fight someone else

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

I was always under the impression that they didn't need to tell anybody about there nuclear program or facilities until 6 months before introducing nuclear material into a facility :

www.hinduonnet.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Though it is often claimed that Iran had "concealed" its enrichment program from the IAEA "in violation of the NPT" until it was "caught cheating" in 2002, the fact is that Iran was not obliged to inform the Agency about those facilities at the time since according to Iran's safeguards agreement with the IAEA in force at the time, "Iran is not required to allow IAEA inspections of a new nuclear facility until six months before nuclear material is introduced into it." In fact, it was not even required to inform the IAEA of their existence until then, a point conceded by Britain at the March 2003 Board of Governors meeting. This `six months' clause was a standard part of all IAEA safeguards agreements. Nonetheless, Iran allowed intrusive inspections of the facilities by the IAEA pursuant to the Additional Protocol, and the IAEA concluded that the facilities were not related to any secret nuclear weapons program.(Iran and the invention of a nuclear crisis by Siddharth Varadarajan

new topics

top topics

join