It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbolla WILL attack international Peacekeepers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
""As long as [the international forces] are of this type, it will be necessary for the forces facing Israel in southern Lebanon, the Arab brothers, and those friends in the world who stand alongside the resistance to put up resistance against them and to clash with them, [and this will be done] through various means and methods. Whoever puts his trust in the [idea that] destruction, murder, and even occupation can impose solutions that violate sovereignty and national honor - he is wrong."

This does not surprise me at all.

I have said from the beginning, no one wants to be peacekeepers in Lebanon, because the all know Hezbollah terrorists will be directly targeting them as well as Israel.

Hezbollah’s masters-Iran and Syria don't want the death and destruction to stop.

They don't care who is dying.

memri.org...
They don't even care that Arabs and Muslims are dying-so long as they can be murdering terrorists.

[edit on 8/4/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They the (peacekeeping force will be putin the middle) of this. Hezbulla will fire a couple of rockets to Israel hoping that this peacekeeping force will stop Israel from responding. Oon the other hand If Israel tries to attack Hhezbulla then the same should apply to them.

Either the peacekeeping force will have to engage Hezbulla themselves, or they will have to engage Israely forces....

Still this does not look good for any peace keeping force that goes in there....

That peacekeeping force should be given the mandate, if either side tries to attack each other then they respond with force themselves, Is this going to happen???

This would be interesting to see, UN Peacekeeping forces firing back at Israel for attacking positions in and around them, or UN Peacekeeping force Attacking Hezbulla for attacking Israel.

When they do go in (IF AND WHEN), this force should be able to fire upon both siides not just take out Hezbulla.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How bout the 4 UN peacekeepers that were killed by Israeli war planes a few weeks ago? You people are so ignorant.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
How bout the 4 UN peacekeepers that were killed by Israeli war planes a few weeks ago? You people are so ignorant.

I second that

its really remarkable, that when Israel kills UN peacekeepers it is okay because Hizbollah are "using the UN" as Shields or the UN is protecting them

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Nice title, maybe I should start a thread with "Israel DOES attack International Peacekeepers? Hmmm

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster

Id say people really believe that the Jews/Israel are gods choosen people there for forgiving their most despicable WAR CRIMES

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
MEMRI LOL I wonder whose MEMRI we are talking about here. Some 90 year old goatherder from Kashmir having a vision?
Thats funny they are quoting Editorials by journalists as though they were Government sanctioned responses. People are so gullible.

Fuad Sharbaji, former director of Syrian national television, wrote in an article

In an editorial in the Syrian government daily Teshreen, Issam Dari wrote

An editorial in the Syrian government daily Al-Ba'th,

Hey Pat Robertson said Chavez should be assasinated! Does that mean that we are gonna do it?

Of course it doesn't surprise you Mr. Monsoon.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I've always wondered what the hell peacekeeping forces are supposed to do in situations like this anyway. Are they supposed to stand in the crossfire and ask everyone to be nice to each other? Has a peacekeeping force ever fired a shot in anger? Isn't the very term "peacekeeping force" an oxymoron?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Peacekeeping forces are generally lightly armed and shackled by terms of engagement drawn up by lawyers and politicians thousands of miles away from the trouble.
A peacekeeping force should have the ability to fire upon anyone who threatens them and to disarm both sides to prevent aggression, with military might to back them up.

What we usually get is a complete mess that only puts those troops deployed in harms way and rarely achieves anything. It's all for show so the politicos can justify their existence and give themselves a congratulatory slap on the back at the club.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
As long as Israel keeps up the strafing against Hez.. sooner or later the job will be done. As long as Israel does not accept outside interference they will succeed and add credence to mid-east peace I feel.

Dallas

God bless our world and allow us to control Terrorist threats

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
A peacekeeping force should have the ability to fire upon anyone who threatens them and to disarm both sides to prevent aggression, with military might to back them up.

Are you saying should have or does have? I should imagine if UN peacekeeping forces used military might to disarm/capture a military contingent of a major world player sovereign nation, it would be an unprecedented international incident. Has this ever occurred before? I know peacekeeping forces have engaged forces in civil wars in troubled African nations, but that's about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The last time the multi national force was in Lebonan it was atacked so this time should it happen will be no different.

The last time the peacekeeping force was in Lebonan and it was atacked, the countries invalved did respond with both air strikes and naval bomb bardment at the targets. So I exspect this time should be no different.

top topics

join