It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbolla Rockets rain down on Syrian Terrority????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Dude, it's not that I "don't like the truth", the fact of the matter is wether this is actually the truth or not. Personally, it's not going to affect me wether the rockets hit Syria, Israel or bangladesh, I am not taking sides on this and have remained fairly even handed throughout this BS episode.

I dislike Hezbollahs actions and wished they would use their rockets more effectivley, ie, on the Israeli Armour or Artillery massing on the border. That makes strategic sense and would serve a better purpose.

Baffles me why they don't, they could seriously hurt the IDF with a katushya barrage on some artillery positions, at least it's what I would do if I was in charge.

I also dislike Israel for it's tactics, arrogance on the whole problem and their "holier than thou" attitude.

Admittedly, I don't think Israel should exist and I have made clear my reasons for this, but I have nothing against Jews.

For all I care, people could worship Daffy Duck if they want, doesn't bother me. Just as long as they don't use their worship of said duck to start wars or steal land.

As I have said before, there is a distinction between Israel and Judaism, but few people make it and throw round the anti-semitism BS (not saying you are though)

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Admittedly, I don't think Israel should exist and I have made clear my reasons for this, but I have nothing against Jews.

reason being that the creation of Israel went directly against the oaths made to God?

or

the fact it was built via terrorism?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by stumason

reason being that the creation of Israel went directly against the oaths made to God?

or

the fact it was built via terrorism?

Neither. The first reason you gave is irrellevant (not meaning to be offencisve), as to accept that would be accept the existance of a God and/or the preference of one religion over another.

The second is a good point, but not the one I am alluring too.

The basic premise behind the creation of Israel is that the Jews of old (the Hebrews) were forced out 2 millenia ago, not for the first time either. Nowadays, 75% of the worlds Jews are converts from the 6th-10th century Eastern European Steppes, so have no ethnic claim to the land.

Even if they did, they lost the land in war 2000 years ago, so by their own reasons that they use to keep hold of the occupied territories, they lost it, so the others can keep it. After all,I've heard from Nygdan that possession is 9/10ths the law, right?
Then some Western power (GB) comes in after WW1, rules from 30 years, then gives it a bunch of people who have never set foot there.

All this time, the UK operated under mandates given to them by the League of Nations during a time when Imperialism and colonisation were still popular.

But, back to the ethnicity point. Imagine if I decided one day to call my self Sitting Bear. I spoke Navajo everywhere I went and worshipped animalistic deities. I wore the clothes of Native Americans and behaved like one in every way.

Would that make me a Native American? Would that give me the right to evict current US citizens from ancestral lands to claim as my own? I doubt it very much....

It is the same with modern Jews. 75% are NOT semitic in the true sense of the word. In fact, modern day Palestinians and others who live in the region are semitic peoples, rather than the pretenders from eastern Europe. They, in my eyes, have a much better claim than anyone.

If someone can give me a cast Iron reason why Israel was created, apart from some hokey religous reason, then I'm all ears. But the way I see it is that we gave in to the Zionist terrorism and also suffered from a collective "guilt" after WW2, which is no reason to displace millions of people to favour a religious group, which is what they are.

That is what were dealing with here, religious favouritism, powerful Jewish lobby in the most powerful nations on earth and a collective guilt over the Holocaust. There is no logical reason why Israel should have been created.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The topic of discussion here is, "Hezbolla Rockets rain on SYRIA!!!!!!!", so please refrain from steering the discussion Off-Topic.

There are numerous threads on the Hows and Whys for the creation of the Israeli state, perhaps post any relevant responses to one of the ongoing discussion of such.

Thank you.

... and now back to, "Hezbolla Rockets rain on SYRIA!!!!!!!"

[edit on 8/5/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
One more bit of supporting evidence with a new twist:

Close to 200 Katyusha rockets struck towns all across the north Friday, the worst blow being the approximately 60 rockets which hit Kiryat Shmona. In the coastal town of Nahariya, 32 rockets were reported to have landed, 14 rockets slammed into Ma'alot, Safed absorbed six rockets, the Tiberias region was hit by close to 10 rockets, and three rockets were reported to have struck the Carmiel region.

A torrent of rockets were fired in the direction of the Golan Heights on Friday, some of which landed in Quneitra, a town on the Syrian side of the border.

IDF Brigadier-General Shuki Shihrur of the Northern Command told reporters Friday that the Katyusha strike on Syrian Quneitra is a cynical attempt by Hezbollah to drag Damascus into the conflict.

www.haaretz.com...

Emphasis added.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you soo much 12m8kel2c and Bombers8 for your links-they were EXACTLY what I was referring to.

I guess that member who accused me of lying and wasting bandwidth should be apologizing right about now.

No, I am not stupid, I know those members will not admit they were wrong about the story and me-it's ok; they can go on appolgishing for the terrorist’s attacks on Syrian territory, Israel and Jerusalem.

I also want to note an intelligent posters comment-this may have been done on purpose by the terrorist Hezbollah to try to get Syria and Iran (their master) directly involved.
Why direct involvement?
Because Israel has cut off all supply lines to the terrorists for more terrorists/weapons and Iranian troops to train and operate the more complex systems.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Aw shucks!! These rockets must've had their thrusters on the wrong side.

BTW, whose side are the Hizbs on?

Much like 80 or 90 percent of the people that frequent ATS they are on the WRONG SIDE!

They are arab terrorists hell bent on destroying everything that is NOT arab or drooled upon by mohammad or some crap like that as scrawled in the koran.

The majority of people on ATS are arab loving terror apologists who have been brainwashed into thinking the poor murderous arabs couldn't do anything wrong - until they show up one night at your door calling you a pig and cutting your throat - I would love to say I told you so.... - but wait I cant...cause I am fighting the terrorists and the arab apologist is....well...dead.

I think the original poster didn't use ENOUGH smilie emot-icons because it is funny, damned FUNNY that the terrorists can't shoot straight and drop their crap on other arab terrorists. Too bad they didn't do some big-time damage to syria---that in itself would have garnered 5 or 6 more emot-icons.

Now if the terrorists occupying lebanon could lob a couple of mis directed rockets at iran!

Case study now complete!

Ahhhh....the taste of fresh squeezed lemons in the summertime...only outdone by the smell of rockets burning syrian soil!

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Mr Beezer]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I guess that member who accused me of lying and wasting bandwidth should be apologizing right about now.

No, I am not stupid, I know those members will not admit they were wrong about the story and me-it's ok; they can go on appolgishing for the terrorist’s attacks on Syrian territory, Israel and Jerusalem.

No. I am not going to apologise, as I didn't call you a liar. I just found zero mention of it anywhere I looked. Admittedly, I don't look at small American based sites or read the Haaretz, the latter of which would be too biased for me.

And I am not a "Hezbollah apologist". If you read any of my posts I think you'll find I am quite happy criticising both parties. I am also not likely to fall for any propaganda attempts quite so easily.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join