It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Footage 'Lost'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They run LOTS of military missions... ALL are classified.

If NASA was a public agency... we would get LIVE feeds from all of their activities.

An honest observer would point out that we don't get anything from NASAs information gathering/recording until....

Until what?

That is the question... And the answer.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What I find interesting about the idea of something which is not "natural" being on the moon, is A.C. Clarke's precognition of that same concept just prior to the Apollo 11 mission. His story idea could possible have more truth than fiction in it. I think most here would not be surprised at such a revelation. I'm more interested in where he got that idea from? I know human lore is full of such idea's, but his may actually be very close to the truth.

For example; what if our people in the know (Goverment,CIA...whoever) knew that something was up there, knew we were going to the moon and knew information might leak out. What better way to nip that leak in the bud by putting it out before we actually got there. I've heard that movies and books have always been used to dissiminate both information and disinformation to gage reactions.

Just an idea.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM

Just an idea.

LOL same idea MANY threads here...

What you need to do is read AC Clarke's book that he wrote BEFORE the movie 2001... It is quite different from the one written after the movie...In that version it was a crystal pyramid found on the moon not an obelisk!:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

LOL same idea MANY threads here...

What you need to do is read AC Clarke's book that he wrote BEFORE the movie 2001... It is quite different from the one written after the movie...In that version it was a crystal pyramid found on the moon not an obelisk!:

Crystal pyramid you say? And what is the general concesus in ATS about what actually is on the far side? Was the crystal idea put forward long ago by someone else?
I've heard this before but cannot recall where.
I do remember seeing a movie that had a crystal object from the Moon. I think it was called "Beyond the Stars".

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM

Crystal pyramid you say? And what is the general concesus in ATS about what actually is on the far side? Was the crystal idea put forward long ago by someone else?

Don't know... most likely ACC came up with that from somewhere... I mean there are legends around saying the pyramid at Giza had a crystal top that spread energy around the valley making it lush and fertile...

We have just one like that here where I live... crystal top...energy beam the whole bit... I am told you can see the beam from the moon...

Then I think the Aliens took it with them and put it on the moon, for us to find when we were ready... looks like that day is coming soon....

As to the "general consensus" here at ATS... don't think such a thing is possible... on anything... 5 people in a thread and you get 6 opinions...

PYRAMID OF THE NWO - THE NEW LUXOR

Day Time View

I here rumors that its made of glass

jra

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The hunt for the missing footage gets closer to being found

The Sydney Morning Harold

A REEL of film held for 20 years in a Sydney vault could unlock the mystery of what happened to the original tapes of the Apollo 11 moon landing.

The reel belongs to Australian film producer and rock video director Peter Clifton, who had all but forgotten a pristine 16-millimetre film of the moon landing was part of his vast personal film catalogue.

---

It is hoped documentation associated with Mr Clifton's reel will help direct researchers to the warehouse or museum where the missing tapes are stored - if they still exist.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Lets hope this really speeds up the search for the tapes.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Hopeful…but realistic

As for the search now ongoing, Perkins explained: “We’re hopeful, but at the same time realistic.”

Tapes of the sort being sought were highly specialized, Perkins continued, typically kept only until a mission was completed.

“It would have been common procedure to reuse such tapes for other missions or to destroy them at some point,” Perkins advised.

“Our hope is that someone had the foresight to realize that this might happen one day, and put the tapes into permanent storage rather than following typical procedure,” Perkins said. “Finding the records will give us the answer one way or the other.”
www.space.com...

Maybe they will never be found and NASA is pre-releasing this statement to set us up for an "oops, we screwed up, the tapes are gone".

I find it hard to believe they would tape over or destroy something that important in human history. When you think of the money they poured into the Apollo program, you would think they would want to hang on to every piece of data that they collected.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It sounds like all of this refers to the magnetic tapes recorded here on earth. Has anybody got any links to the group that is doing the searching? I was told that they are also asking for the high resolution, high temperature camera film that was part of the Lem Module. The one that was circling overhead and filming the far side of the Moon!

This footage is also seems to be missing.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just a bit of anecdotal content I found on th net.

Content and link below:

science.slashdot.org.../08/10/0232219&tid=160

"One of the unique realities of living in the area of Huntsville, Alabama (MSFC) is that you get contact with people who are actually doing things. If you make the right contacts, you know who and what is going on. Here is what is going on regards to NASA and the original data from the Apollo missions. More precisely what has gone on.

The US officials at NASA ordered the destruction of all of the records associated with the Apollo Missions after the last flight to the moon. The Chief of the Records realized how stupid this was and he conspired with certian persons to have some 8 tons of records moved to a secured location with persons in custody who would not tell where the records were or admit they existed. The reason I know of this is that I had extended contact with the man who set this up. The reason he told me was that the discussion of returning to the moon was coming up about 8 years ago and NASA sent a some men out to see him asking if the rumor was true that he had done this and where they could get the records. He told them it didn't exist but on my arrival he was spitting mad at the idiots at NASA over wanting the records. He feared that they might be destroyed if NASA got them again. He felt they were priceless historic documents and that they must be protected. I do not expect them to appear for 100 years or more due to this.

Contained in these records are films, data stores, and all of the technical documents for operation of the Apollo System. Why these were ordered destroyed he felt was a very malicious act. The real reason for the order was that the US Government at the time wanted to destroy the ability to return to the moon any time in the near future. They possessed about 5 rockets able to go and they wanted nobody able to operate them. The also did not want any more able to be fabricated. This discloses international agreements that involved the USSR and other parties that demanded the destruction of this data.

Believe this or not if you will but this is in fact what happened. This discloses the very dirty nature of the behavior of some "well respected" parties in the world. I cannot hope to have people on this forum believe me, but maybe some will. The reason I was present was I was working as RN at the time and I was making Home Health visits 2 times a day to the home. Frankly I was more trusted than the NASA people by this former high ranking NASA man. My experience with such men has included former German Rocket Scientists and many others. When you meet these people you learn what has really gone on.

This man who was the chief of the record keeping for the Apollow program told me how a year before the Sputnik launch the President of the United States had ordered the entire US Army Missile program lab at what is now Marshall dismantled and taken to the dump. When the Sputnik launch panicked the Americans, He and others had to go to the Base Dump and with their own money buy back the "Scrap" equipment in order to get the lab going again. Even the first test stand they built was built this way. It is now an historic monument! [army.mil]

The description of some details here is slightly modified so as to keep some nasty people off the trail and to protect the records. The title of the position the man held is descriptive but not the real title. I am not sure if this man is still alive and I don't want to cause him or his associates any trouble. There have been several attempts to secure these records to have them destroyed over the years since 1973."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join