It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Footage 'Lost'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Do you mean all these years we've been looking at those grainy low rez movies when the hi rez one's were locked up somewhere and hence not available for the public, movie documentary makers, politicians etc....
Why were we never told about the existence of these original hi rez movies until now. And isn't it ironic that all of those original hi rez movies -- all 700+ are now missing???
I'm sorry but I smell a skunk. I'm no conspiricists and as far as I know, we landed on the moon even though some of those grainy movies out there look a little suspicious though I'm sure that's got more to do with my own lack of knowledge on how gravity works on the moon....
But, once again..... anyone with any common sense at all should be wondering what the heck is going on here with all of these precious and priceless movies being gone.... missing.... something is not right, not right at all!!

jra

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Why were we never told about the existence of these original hi rez movies until now?

They were never secret. Maybe not widely known, but many people have seen the tapes. Again, look at the PDF I provided. There are pictures of the tapes and samples of there image quality. And as far as I know, they are only missing the tapes for Apollo 11. Not the others.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Also the tapes missing include those original recordings of the other five Apollo moon landings and much, much more....

And the point that I'm trying to make is that all these years we've been only seeing those grainy movies and I think it's sooooooo amazing that film makers have not had access to those original hi rez movies to use in their documentary's. I'm sure at this point that NASA would not grant anyone permission to use those original movies in their documentary's. This is obvious. But now I understand why those movies were not available to the public. And reason why is because those movies were MISSING!
I'm just finding this so amazing -- there is no doubt in my mind that there is something fishy going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Looking over those links and thanks for posting them. Looks very informative!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Although the picture quality isn't perfect. It's still fairly good. It would be a shame if these tapes are never found, but there is a company that has gone though and cleaned up a lot of the recordings from the early space program. They show an example on there main page. www.spacecraftfilms.com...

Thats really cool! Pretty much proves that those beautiful high res color pictures printed in Life Magazine at the time WERE faked!

Alrighty
Nice find!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
They were FAKED! Hmmmm, I wonder..... This whole situation with these missing tapes is so FREAKY!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

but why wouldn’t they just classify it back in the day. I seen shows that we cant see UFO’s because we can only see certain colors, so maybe they inverted the moon landing, and saw them that way?

NASA is a "public" agency and thus cannot by law classify anything. They can however lose it. Or more likely, another goverment agency confiscated the high resolution films for, um...safekeeping.

I would bet every last cent I have, that the high resoultion film footage that every astronaut carried will never be found.

I do subscribe the the camp that believes we went to the moon during the Apollo program. I think we discovered something there that scared NASA into canning the space exploration program and turned inward to the shuttle program instead.
At least on the public NASA space program.

All I know for sure is that nothing is as it seems. And the truth is hidding in plain sight.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

There is nothing on those tapes that we haven't seen before. The only thing on those tapes that would be nice to have is the higher quality image. You can see some examples in the PDF I posted earlier.

jra,

If these are higher quality images then there is tons of stuff there that we have never seen before. We all know that higher quality images always reveals much more than was seen before. This is why we pay for HDTV, better satellite receivers and Hubble Telescopes. We want more definition, clearer picture, less interference and less static so that we can see more of what is going on.

If there is nothing to hide, then there should be no problem with turning these tapes over to people today who could put them onto crystal clear DVDs for all of us to enjoy. For that matter, where are the tapes from the other 6 moon landings? Are they also conveniently missing?

Just stating that these tapes have a higher quality image is stating that there is more to see that we have not seen before. It is about time that we see them.

jra

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by davenman
If these are higher quality images then there is tons of stuff there that we have never seen before. We all know that higher quality images always reveals much more than was seen before.

Then just look at the photos. You're not going to get better then that, even with the high res tapes.

Originally posted by zorgon
Thats really cool! Pretty much proves that those beautiful high res color pictures printed in Life Magazine at the time WERE faked!

Alrighty
Nice find!

Huh? How does that link prove anything was faked? And what pictures? Please explain.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by jra]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red_Dog_BOM
ves we went to the moon during the Apollo program. I think we discovered something there that scared NASA into canning the space exploration program and turned inward to the shuttle program instead.

Thats pretty much how I see it. Though I imagine they expected to see what they saw. At least the higher ups at NASA/the military did anyway. Which is why they quit Moon launches to get away from having to doctor so much film and footage in an attempt to keep leaks from coming out on the subject any faster than they already were. NASA already had Gordon Cooper,Joseph Walker, and others spilling the beans on UFOs in the 60s and 70s, and if the voices grew too numerous the public may have demanded answers.

This bit of news does not surprise me. While I'm sure the original footage existed at one point, it had to be doctored or destroyed to remove evidence and the cheapest solution was to destroy it.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
jra,

What photos are you talking about?

I examined what you posted links to. It was a very interesting story from the men who are looking for the tapes. They claim to have searched for years and that they will probably not find them unless NASA puts out a big search for them. It seems that these men searching for the tapes believe that they still exist, but just can't find them and NASA helps a little by pointing a finger in a direction to look, but NASA won't actively look for the tapes themselves.

The facility where the tapes are believed to be housed is slated to be closed in October 2006. They have lots of these types of tapes, but they have not been able to find the ones that contain Apollo 11 data. The archive files show that there are 700 boxes of tape in the archives and that each box contains 5 tapes...that's 3500 14" reels that cannot be found. Another thing at this facility that is kept is the tape reading machines that can read these tapes. They say these machines have been maintained and that they are at 100% operating capability if the tapes are found. It would just be a matter of reading the tapes and a simple task of making the conversion to DVD with today's technology.

From the links that you have provided, I have only seen polaroid shots of the original video screen. That would still pale in comparison to what the original could provide.

Why would you suggest that we be content with second hand photos when the possibility of having first hand video is present? Why would you be content to watch your favorite sport on a small 9" black & white TV with antenna reception when you have a 52" Big Screen HDTV available? This is the difference that we could be talking about...but then we will never know unless some of these tapes are found.

The bigger question is....

Why would NASA choose to shut down their magnetic storage archives where the Apollo missions are most likely stored before finding the tapes? Why won't NASA put out the effort needed to find these 3500-14" tape reels that are missing? We are talking about 25 to 30 neatly stacked pallets of 1" wide by 14" diameter tape reels that cannot be found by a man who has searched for 7 years through several warehouses that the tapes were reputed to be.

NASA has kept hundreds of thousands of less important tape reels recorded plenty of less important data, so the arguement that they may have been erased and re-written for cost savings does not hold up.

Why won't NASA help search for these 3500 tape reels?

It's about time that this man gets some help to find some of the most important video tapes ever recorded....

Then again, maybe we never did walk on the moon. Maybe these tapes were destroyed in 1984 when they were last moved to cover one of the biggest hoaxes ever played on the human race. Maybe the closest that man will ever get to the stars is an high orbit above the Earth. Perhaps it is impossible for a human to leave the van allen belt that protects the Earth from solar radiation. Perhaps our greatest technology is the ability to make a production that is so grandiose and so preposterous that nobody would dare to contest its' authenticity especially in the face of the outrageous amount of money that was spent.

Perhaps there is currently another such hoax being played out right before our eyes today and every day in the news that we watch.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just wondering, but while we're on the topic of NASA and it's propensity toward losing things, did they ever find those missing original blueprints of the Apollo lunar module, it's moon buggy and other essential equipment? I understand that those items have been missing for quite some time now too.

jra

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just wondering, but while we're on the topic of NASA and it's propensity toward losing things, did they ever find those missing original blueprints of the Apollo lunar module, it's moon buggy and other essential equipment? I understand that those items have been missing for quite some time now too.

The myth that NASA no longer has the blueprints for the Saturn rocket and all that stuff is untrue. It's all on microfilm. However, it's not uncommon in the aerospace industry to throw out things like blueprints and specific tools that were used to build it. If every aircraft company kept everything from every project they ever had, they'd run out of room real fast!

jra

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by davenman
jra,

What photos are you talking about?

I mean these ones. www.apolloarchive.com... The ones taken with there handheld cameras. The quality is better than any video could provide.

Why would you be content to watch your favorite sport on a small 9" black & white TV with antenna reception when you have a 52" Big Screen HDTV available? This is the difference that we could be talking about...but then we will never know unless some of these tapes are found.

The high res footage would not be compairable to HDTV. This is the 1960's that we're talking about here.

The bigger question is....

Why would NASA choose to shut down their magnetic storage archives

I think it's due to what little budget they have. There was talk of even shutting down the Voyager programs, which are still going strong.

Then again, maybe we never did walk on the moon. Maybe these tapes were destroyed in 1984 when they were last moved to cover one of the biggest hoaxes ever played on the human race. Maybe the closest that man will ever get to the stars is an high orbit above the Earth. Perhaps it is impossible for a human to leave the van allen belt that protects the Earth from solar radiation. Perhaps our greatest technology is the ability to make a production that is so grandiose and so preposterous that nobody would dare to contest its' authenticity especially in the face of the outrageous amount of money that was spent.

Perhaps there is currently another such hoax being played out right before our eyes today and every day in the news that we watch.

But all the data that was on those tapes exsists elsewhere and is available. I think it's more likely some one just kept some bad archival records.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well - from what I understand those were the raw data feeds - so I guess we will never know.

I would assume it would be best to keep the originals in their raw form to insure that other reproductions were not edited or corrupted - but that only makes sense if you are doing real science and have nothing to hide.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Look how much info was 'revealed' (mostly technical mistakes in fabricating the cover up) by folks REALLY looking at regular resolution film of the absolute joke of the 'documentation' of the Apollo Moon landings. Imagine the hoops the apologists (like those we have here and the Moon Hoax thread
) would have to go thru to 'debunk' (read make up the most ridiculous excuses ever heard by man
) the 'high resolution' films.

You might think I over exaggerating the ridiculousness of the 'explanations'... They simply do NOT pass the laugh test.

Anyone that has EVER hiked totally understands the very basic human instinct to climb up to the nearest rise and survey the horizon... And IF carrying ANY type of photographic equipment... snap off a couple of panoramic shots.

Show me a single serious hiker who doesn't have these kind of shots from EVERY SINGLE outing.

But NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not OUR astronauts who vovage a basically insane distance at fantastic speeds. No these one of a kind explorers get to THE MOON!!! and somehow.... NONE of these guys could find the time to walk up to (or drive
) out of these shallow depressions to snap off the greatest panoramic photos ever taken.

Just scale the photos! How far is the ridge?

It is NOT that far.

Conclusion... Starry eyed 60s effects... Hurt yourself laughing by 00s standards.

I have a fairly good idea where these tapes are really stored... Right next to NASAs crediblity and dignity... LOST FOREVER.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

NASA is a "public" agency and thus cannot by law classify anything. They can however lose it. Or more likely, another goverment agency confiscated the high resolution films for, um...safekeeping.

NASA hasn't been a public agency for a long time...

NASA Launches Access System
The U.S. space agency will run a trial of an RFID-based access control system, the first in the world to use the Government Smart Card Interoperability Specification (GSC-IS) standard.
NASA, the U.S. government’s space agency, will run a trial of a new access control system that could see 100,000 NASA employees and contractors using RFID to verify access to a number of NASA sites before the end of next year.
source

I do subscribe the the camp that believes we went to the moon during the Apollo program.

Yes we did go to the moon... but the big color photos for publicity were taken on Earth. They needed good shots for the press. As to things unseen, Buzz Aldrin has an interview where he tells that he saw something, and why he didn't say anything at the time. But as to stuff on the moon? No not in Apollo 11 footage... they were not in the right crater. The "stuff" is on the back side of the moon.

Contrary to popular belief, not every nasa film has "ufo's" in them

I think we discovered something there that scared NASA into canning the space exploration program and turned inward to the shuttle program instead.

All I know for sure is that nothing is as it seems. And the truth is hidding in plain sight.

Yes it is actually, trouble is most in here don't take the time to REALLY look, or don't see the whole picture

There is one NASA film that many UFO buffs show as proof of UFO's They clip it showing short little bits yet ignore the rest of it. These same people say ufo's exist, yet denounce the fact that mankind is smart enough to figure out alternative energy like free energy from space. They also claim man is too dumb to create UFO tech, so it must be aliens, yet they all claim that we are smart enough to "reverse engineer this tech and use it...

The clip shows an experiment that goes wrong as they get 10 times the anticipated power source "from nowhere" and it fries the device. Then minutes later the UFO,s swarm the still energy producing tether....

Want evidence? Look here

Electrodynamic Tether

Oh and those ufo's? they are merely "critters" and NASA and other scientists have known about them for some time...since the 50's at least

CRITTERS

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

NASA hasn't been a public agency for a long time...

They are our"public space agency". As such the Freedom of Information act has more results since their documents cannot be classified "top secret". To many politicians would want to know why. Therefore, when the goverment is confronted with this problem of keeping certain information from the public, they will typically divide the project. One is the public space program and the other is the "not" public space program. The "not public" one is classified way beyond "top secret".

Contrary to popular belief, not every nasa film has "ufo's" in them

I would tend to agree with you. Especially when it is the public space program.

Yes it is actually, trouble is most in here don't take the time to REALLY look, or don't see the whole picture

When you say this I can hear Jack Nicholson yelling in my ear...."YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH".... and I think he's right!!

I really enjoyed those links and clips you posted on the critters. I'm feeling a bit surprised that I've not heard of this before, but there is much logic to that particual idea. Obviously, it does not explain what's on the far side of the moon, but its interesting.

I'm hearing that public technology has grown to the point were we can now using high resolution varied spectrum telescopes to actually see the darkened portion of the moon. This was one of the reasons that the group behind the group asking for the Apollo footage wanted to see another perspective.

I would not be to surprised to hear something soon from various private groups about what they are now starting to see in the dark part of the Moon!

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Red_Dog_BOM]

Dae

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
What if they have accidentally on purpose "lost" the tapes to do some vital editing?

Yup, thats my theory too. With places like ATS and conspiracies in general becoming more and more popular plus that programme (which I didnt see) on the telle about the moon landing hoax, the pressure was on.

Someone not in the know has made the suggestion to release all that footage, you know, to shut us all up once and for all. Which of course poses a problem, all that footage just got locked away raw, too much time would be needed to edit the usual edits. So yeah, 'lost' is actually two dudes assessing the footage to see if they can be bothered in editing it, if so they will 'find it' if not it will be lost forever.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I really enjoyed those links and clips you posted on the critters. I'm feeling a bit surprised that I've not heard of this before, but there is much logic to that particual idea. Obviously, it does not explain what's on the far side of the moon, but its interesting.

Well I too was surprized at how long ago this idea came out. I think things like the roswell thing thats beaten to death makes a really good smoke screen. As to the moon, no not ALL are critters... and from what I have been finding is that there has been time for the stuff on the moon to have been moved. I found some really interesting Mars related stuff I will post it when I got it all... but remember that "famous" face picture? Its all blurry and small so you can see the face... but when you look at the original nasa photo in 3500 DPI then it looks different clearly a mountian with a large portion colapsed inward like Mt St Helen...

One could argue is a structure underneath but I know mountains .... BUT with all the fuss over the face, people overlook the really interesting part... the high shoreline that is very clearly defined around the mountain, clearly showing the silt radiating out as would be expected... This was an island long ago... there was LOTS of water on Mars.... too heavy to evaporate into space... where did the water go?

Nasa just proved that their was alot of water on Mars [JPL] THAT is more interesting than the face. I'll hunt the links this weekend..

I'm hearing that public technology has grown to the point were we can now using high resolution varied spectrum telescopes to actually see the darkened portion of the moon. This was one of the reasons that the group behind the group asking for the Apollo footage wanted to see another perspective.

Yes amazing pictures now remarkable detail... thats your tax dollars at work ... to bad they are also good with that airbrush

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join