It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Footage 'Lost'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know you're all probably mooned-out, but here is an interesting article from the Sydney Morning Herald:

www.smh.com.au...

Does anyone else find it interesting that the high quality footage has been 'lost'?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Camelot on the Moon
Here there is another story with a slightly different version of events

The combined signal would be fed through each Deep Space Station back to NASA's Communications Center at Greenbelt, Maryland for signal processing and distribution to the outside world. "Outside" even meant Mission Control at Houston, where the actual communications with the astronauts occurred.

Search Is on for Original Apollo 11 Footage
And here is the same story with more details

It turned out, the Australian tape wasn't the moonwalk; it was a simulation from 1967.

Strange they have tapes of a simulation of a Moon landing at the tracking stations. It seems these stations were where the tapes of Moon Landings were played when they were supposed to be on the Moon.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
.. something THAT important, and they were just tagged and bagged somewhere and NO ONE remembers where the HELL they were put?

This is just lending more credit to the theory that SOMETHING is "up" with those landings.

I mean, I have photos of my great great grandparents.. WE MANAGED TO KEEP THOSE for decades and decades because THEY ARE FRELLING IMPORTANT FOR FELLS SAKES.. and you're telling me NASA can't hold on to the documentation of one of the most important events in human history?

THESE PEOPLE ARE FRELLING USELESS!

(or something is REALLY wrong with that whole program)

No sense at all.

-VMX

PS: Why were ALL the artifacts in question not built in to a BIG AIRTIGHT VAULT MARKED "Really important stuff that for generations will be reveared by all humanity so DON'T LOOSE THIS CRAP!" ... I'll never understand NASA.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I just came across this and it contains clips of video that apperently no-one was supposed to see. As others have commented...somethings up! What though?

Check this out... www.youtube.com...

Very interesting!

McP

[edit on 13/8/06 by Mcphisto]

jra

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
I just came across this and it contains clips of video that apperently no-one was supposed to see. As others have commented...somethings up! What though?

Video that wasn't supposed to be seen my ass (sorry for the language). That's what Bart Sibrel (the creater of that horrible documentary) wants you to think. You can get that footage from NASA no problem.

Also note that Bart Sibrel was the guy punched by Buzz Aldrin. He also walked into another astronauts house uninvited. He's not a good person in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by Mcphisto

Video that wasn't supposed to be seen my ass (sorry for the language). That's what Bart Sibrel (the creater of that horrible documentary) wants you to think. You can get that footage from NASA no problem.

Also note that Bart Sibrel was the guy punched by Buzz Aldrin. He also walked into another astronauts house uninvited. He's not a good person in my opinion.

I didnt know that. Thanks for putting me straight, it had me fooled, though it does look as if thats what they were doing dont you think?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i want to know why NASA thought it was necessary to have the tapes moved from the national archives back to Goddard Space Center in MD. its like the climate controlled and secure holding facilities at the archives werent safe enough, pfffffffft.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I know there's a very good chance that I might be wrong, but what about the theory that the tapes were stolen? This is very much 'out there', but there are some "collectors" out there in the world that would pay a lot of money to own something like this. If precious paintings can be stolen from secured museums/galleries, isn't it also possible that this original footage could also have been stolen? Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The thought they might have been stolen also crossed my mind as well. It's a far more likely scenario that the films having been removed because SOMETHING was on there.

It may be the simplest explanation-simple bureaucratic haberdash. It wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last.

Interesting that this was discussed with Richard C. Hoagland on Coast to Coast over a week ago, and is just now breaking over the MSM. It's a big story! It would be like all original footage of 9/11 having disappeared 40 years ffrom now---hey, wait a minute!

jra

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why is it that some people think their is some sinister reason for the tapes disappearing? There is nothing on those tapes that we haven't seen before. It's just higher quality recordings that's all. If there was something on those tapes that some one at NASA didn't want us to see, then why would they have brought this to everyones attention? They could have said nothing and we would have no idea about those tapes.

These tapes have been view by many people anyway. Here's a pdf document about the tapes. There are also some picture examples showing the quality difference. www.honeysucklecreek.net...

Although the picture quality isn't perfect. It's still fairly good. It would be a shame if these tapes are never found, but there is a company that has gone though and cleaned up a lot of the recordings from the early space program. They show an example on there main page. www.spacecraftfilms.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Edit - Browser error, double post

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Zenem]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
So many leaks and cracks have been found in the moon tapes. For example there is another thread where it states the astronauts were suspended on tiny wires & a whole host of other inconsistencies.

What if they have accidentally on purpose "lost" the tapes to do some vital editing?

They know the world isn't stupid and there are people looking for things within those tapes and maybe its time for an upgrade.

When those tapes were apparantly faked, they were using the best technology available at the time and now movie technology & editing is way advanced and if they spend enough time & money in the right area, they could iron out some continuity errors?

I just cant beleive how something like this could just be lost...they were stolen or borrowed.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Deleted post by Davenman...misread referenced post.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by davenman]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is the Russian take on this:
www.1tv.ru...

In the archive OF NASA - NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION
they were missed the secret documents

From the depositories without leaving a trace disappeared unique
materials - including personnel of the debarkation of astronauts to
the Moon. Skeptics so bring into question this reaching of the United
States. To now prove that Neil Armstrong actually made his famous step
over the lunar surface, will be practically impossible.

In no way they can in the national aerospace agency OF THE USA find
the unique video recordings of the debarkation of American astronauts
to the Moon during July of 69 years. The official representatives OF
NASA - NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION speak: there were
films, but now no. Since secret video materials lay on the archive
regiments, much time passed. Someone of the colleagues of agency died,
someone long ago on the pension, in NASA - NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND
SPACE ADMINISTRATION work new people. But about that, where records
lie, they nothing know. Meanwhile precisely these materials give
answer to the question, which has long ago tormented historians and
researchers of space: and there were in reality Americans on the Moon?
Still several years ago obvious, it would seem, historic evidence of
the debarkation of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the surface of
Earth satellite by anyone was not brought into question.

Thus far did not be located meticulous people, which started to prove,
that famous personnel of lunar jaunt in reality were taken in
Hollywood. In the proof they led several arguments, including the
nonconformity of videoryada of reporting from the Moon to the fact
which there actually can occur. For example, were agitated skeptics,
why on the personnel, which did see millionv of viewers, American flag
is developed as on the wind, although it is known that wind on the
Moon be it cannot in principle? Distinct answer to this question,
until now, it is not obtained. They indicate that everything is
evidently good on the lost films, many times better than on the famous
television personnel. Indeed that that saw people on the Earth,
allegedly, made a copy usual camera from the black and white monitor,
and only then this picture went into ether. I.e., its quality - this
approximately the same as the photocopy, taken even not from the poor
photograph, but from the previous photocopy of photograph. The
original record, which, like, and propala, this the survey,
transmitted directly from the surface of the Moon to several stations
on the Earth picking up signal. Is there evident everything clearly
and it is clear.

Now in NASA - NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION with the
searches for the disappeared materials deals the special commission,
into composition of which enter the veterans of agency. They already
required so that in the space department the special post of archivist
would be introduced. But those, who consider history with the
debarkation of astronauts to the Moon large American bluff, until
hands joyfully rub. Indeed if films do not be located, no one will
present never the most important confirmation of lunar adventures. And
only people, distant from space and policy be puzzled: why alarm they
sounded only now, but not when original video frames, as proof, not
were shown to millions of viewers...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've been monitoring E-bay, but as of yet there has been no "Original moon landing audio tapes" as of yet.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'll put them up for bid later on.

Oops.

I've been found out! Quick, the escape pod!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
There is a few reasons why the tapes may be missing.

First of all there is a conspiracy that we may have never been to the moon, and every thing was of course staged at some military facility. If this is true some other government stole it to show to the world that we set the whole thing up.

Another theory is the tape of the original moon landing was longer then what they showed on tv, and some how in the background there was a UFO. So now they wanted to make sure to classify it. That would make sense, but why wouldn’t they just classify it back in the day. I seen shows that we cant see UFO’s because we can only see certain colors, so maybe they inverted the moon landing, and saw them that way?

Or maybe Bill Clinton taped over it, and made a sex tape with monica.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Original recordings of Apollo moon missions are missing

Tuesday, August 15, 2006; Posted: 12:38 p.m. EDT (16:38 GMT)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. government has misplaced the original recording of the first moon landing, including astronaut Neil Armstrong's famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," a NASA spokesman said on Monday.

Source

LOL I guess I missed the boat on this one... I just posted this as a new topic as nothing showed in my search... oh well

But here is my question. Not only "How do you "loose" 700 tapes?"

But why is there no back up copy anywhere? That is more suspicious that the loss. Surely the government backs up important files and documents?

Maybe not... thats scarry

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In my opinion this is damn suspicious.

And it just goes to show that NASA is - and always will be - a smoke screen agency.

(I'm not just talking out my rear either - I know good (if misguided) people who work at NASA)

You don't lose important things of this magnitude - you have them locked in a temperature controlled vault.

My guess is they probably restricted access to them for some time - but when it became apparent that historians (or even perhaps newly hired scientists) wanted to digitize them for posterity, or other analysis, they quickly "relocated" them to an undisclosed location.

And then they put out a simple Press Release to make believe - again - how amazingly inefficent and incompetent they are.

"Whoops we wasted some more Tax Payer dollrs!??! - Uh Oh Spaghettio!"

Yeah they are a bunch of crazy idiots alright - crazy like a fox!

They are not to be trusted - not with our money - and definately not with the future of space travel.

jra

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
But why is there no back up copy anywhere?

From your link...

CNN

"I wouldn't say we're worried -- we've got all the data. Everything on the tapes we have in one form or another,"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is nothing on those tapes that we haven't seen before. The only thing on those tapes that would be nice to have is the higher quality image. You can see some examples in the PDF I posted earlier.

The tapes are most likely at Goddard or some other NASA archive. I don't know how big there archives are, but I assume they are a decent size. If the records arn't good, which by the sounds of it, they arn't. That will make finding them a challenge.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join