It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Why I Don't Deep Sea Fish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

When he saw a companion on his boat hook a giant fish during a sea angling contest, Ian Card was delighted.

Next second, the scene of triumph turned to horror - as the 14ft blue marlin leapt out of the water across the vessel and speared Mr Card through the chest with its spiked bill.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

What an incredible story (maybe too incredible?). It's about time the fish strike back!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I was almost impaled by a marlin. crew hauled the fish I caught ionto the boat so I could take a nice picture with it. they hauled it spike first and I was sitting in the chair and they stopped about an inch away from my neck. good times.

booking my off shore tuna runs this weekend.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I personally never like saltwater fishing, I don't know, I'm used to the Ohio and Mississippi River, catching big cats, however, this wasn't on the news, a man was fishing with us on the Ohio River, and a catfish (has on there fins sharp-tipped bones to defend themselves) about 25 or 30 pound, had ripped a gash completely through is fore arm with its fins, that was nasty, the was going to amputate because of the infection, but after it was cleaned they sewed it back together, that was nasty though, but still, straight through the chest, ouch.

I have had encounters with animals that hurt, bit 4 times by non-poisonous snakes, had some skin ripped off by a snapping turtle, be horned by a catfish on my hand several times, and most importantly (i wasn't exactly hurt) but a squirrel tried to attack me because I was sitting on his nut-burrel for winter.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Evil_minds]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
it happened to a women before and her breast inplant saver herself from puncturing her lung or something

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
LOL, are you serious? that's crazy, big boobs can save lives

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
LOL, are you serious? that's crazy, big boobs can save lives

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I heard about that woman that got speared. But holy crap! I can't imagine getting impaled and then driven several feet thru the air then into the water and on top of it have the thing attached to the sword try to finish you off. Sounds horrific but I'm sure the guy didn't even have time to think about it as self preservation took over.

That is a cool and exciting story and the best part is he is OK.

All of my injuries are self inflicted. I've done some nauseating stuff in the workshop and I have to laugh because I am at this moment trying to type with one finger wrapped on my left hand and my thumb wrapped on my right.

Great find mecheng!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yea, some of my injuries seem to be that way too. Leaping through Briar patch trying to catch a snake, falling off a bridge(twice
) falling off the back of a truck, and my personal favorite, we live on a hill, and the angle of our roof is parallel to the ground because of the hill we live on, and when it snows we get in inner-tubes and sleds and slide off our house then drop 15 feet then see who can make it down the hill the farthest, and I hit the gutter and got flung headfirst into the ground.
So yea. Extremely fun times. lol

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I can't begin to imagine how he must have felt...

Exhausted and overjoyed after hooking and then reeling in the big fish, then suddenly getting impaled, thrown overboard, and driven underwater, while struggling to get back to the surface for air. How the heck was he able to hold his breath and push himself off the fish's spear? Freeking unreal.

Imagine him in the movie Jaws... when the capitain, police chief and the professor were all sitting around the table on the fishing boat comparing 'war' wounds. Imagine this guy ripping open his shirt to reveal the wound on his chest and telling those guys this story!

[edit on 4-8-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"Marlin in da water. Marlin impail me, in da water. Marlin....in da water."

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Guess it happens more often then you would think, I read an account of a guy who was diving in the pacific, he had just gotten in the water when his wife screamed, he had enough time to turn and got a pretty good pic of this big marlin that nailed him in the shoulder. He said it hit him and just kept on swimming at full speed like he wasn't even there. Then it shook him of fand dissapeared. When I was stationed in southern Georgia I had a part time job at this scuba shop, one of the customers, a state cop, use to go diving for jew fish somplace off florida. On one trip his dive partner taps him on the should and he looks over to see the guy going after a 600 pound jew fish, the guy nails it in the side of the head with a 44 magnum bang stick and the fish shudders, swims off a bit turns around and on the way past the guy snaps at him and takes his head not so cleanly off. Never mess with anything big enough to eat ya, thats my moto....

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Imagine him in the movie Jaws... when the capitain, police chief and the professor were all sitting around the table on the fishing boat comparing 'war' wounds. Imagine this guy ripping open his shirt to reveal the wound on his chest and telling those guys this story!

Gold!!!!!!! LMAO

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Any big game is dangerous. It jsut happens tha tmost of the big game we're still alowed to go after is in the water.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That's a crazy story.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wasn't some guy asphyxiated by an Octopus while sleeping on the beach in the med? Yes... they can climb out of the water!

top topics

join