It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
what if someone made a website that wanted to build up a group of people to start a "revolution? people could sign up, and when the sign up rate became high enough, like in the millions, then they would all then somehow act on it. just a crazy idea from 'ol deafence#, so don't jump on me just yet. i sorta think that it is an interesting idea, though i'm pretty sure that the government would stamp it out pretty fast. would it hurt to try? would it have a chance of working? do you think the people signing up would be sincere? how would they initiate it? through protest? i imagine the largest protest ever would lead to such a thing. after all we need a change, don't we??

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I say it wouldn't hurt to try, you would proabably find a lot of people that would sign up, however knowing how our government is, it wouldn't be long before the site was taken down and those who signed up would be on the "list" and become suspects every time someone farted in the USA and some "expert" would say it was another "terrorist attack"....

I really need to go home and lay down !

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
blast!... just when i thought i was on to something good...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Even worse is the idea that a lot of people like to talk but don't expect them to actually do something when called upon.

Call it having second thoughts or being chicken or whatever.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
that struck me too. and that's what also set me off... i guess most people are too comfortable in this excuse for a society. what can i say, even i am at times!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What form will this new government take? Can there be a government without corruption?

This will just be changing power from the leaders of the old government to the leaders of the new government.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i'm not sure. what do we need? in answering that, im sure we'll know what exactly we'll have. i just hope such a thing would not lead to more corruption, which is very probable.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i suppose it wouldn't hurt to try...but the internet would definitely not be the best place to go about it.
i am a fight club supporter, i love the idea of an uncanny liberal facing the horrors of his mind take down an entire country with his pure ingenous...
(battling his mind....he's a shezophrenic btw)

but then, arranging the fall of all the main banks by detonating a soap compound???

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
great movie/story indeed. and maybe the whole internet thing is not the best idea. i guess for it to work properly with the greatest result, you'd have to get at people on a more personal level.... so i think we've agreed on a fight club scenario for this act, so who's with me!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i dont think youd get millions to do it. not to mention BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
hahahahahahahahaha
your website would be down in a few hours as soon as there was any traffic at all, you'd likely be arrested for terrorism

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
probably, it was an idea though!

top topics

join