It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 4th is the Day of the Great Sign according to Bible Code

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Im sorry bout the open mind sentence and i started as a major skeptic on this subject but have been turned by the evidence. I dont even believe in god so this has always had major question marks in my head.

The future is there in the codes otherwise you wouldnt be able to find the codes about events after they have happened. Some have been found as labeled in previous posts but not many as they are mixed up with other random codes that may seem relevant.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The bible code is not a prophecy its not meant to have predicitions. The bible code fact has detailed descriptions about our past, more than in any other text that any skeptic has put forward and against higher odds than any skeptic has found.

You may finds code about our future by looking for 2005/06/07 etc but just like in other texts you will get lots of useless random codes mixed in that may seem relevant but are not. So loads of people have found millions of supposed codes about future years posted them and they havent come true so everyone discredits the bible code.

do you see what the problem with this statement is? When compared to this.

The bible code doesnt make predicitions its my belief that they are a warning not prophesy. Although our future aswell as our past must be encoded as it was compiled 3000 years ago.

Im sorry no i dont can you explain?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow. I can only imagine the debate going on in your head concerning the bible and God
with your newfound discovery.
Good luck with that, sincerely.

I read your comments to be relating that past and future events must be encoded into the bible. (not sure why you believe that to be true because it was compiled 3000 yrs. ago, but were not discussing that right now), but previously you said that when these future events are found in the bible, they are useless and random.

So accordingly, codes of past events are genuine but future ones are not; but you
believe the Rabin prediction. Then again, you believe these codes are warnings.
Warnings of the past?

I think your thoughts are a little scattered on the matter. If not I apologise now, for it
is my thoughts that are scattered.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Wow. I can only imagine the debate going on in your head concerning the bible and God
with your newfound discovery.
Good luck with that, sincerely.

I read your comments to be relating that past and future events must be encoded into the bible. (not sure why you believe that to be true because it was compiled 3000 yrs. ago, but were not discussing that right now),

The bible was encoded when the torah was passed down character by character to moses on mount sinai and told never to be changed according to legend this is why alot of great thinkers in our time have thought the torah to be encoded, isaac newton is a famous example.

but previously you said that when these future events are found in the bible, they are useless and random.

Using equidisant letter sequences (the method of creating the codes) on any text can give startling relevant codes about past events its just a side affect of using els. This is a popular skeptics tool to dismiss the bible code.

So you can find loads of codes in the torah that mean nothing but seem relevant that are just there by chance mixed in with true encodings. Alot of these codes about the future are just the side affect of the els and not actual encodings.

Some have hypothesised that the torah is encoded with every possible future and its up to us using free will to decide which will come true a kind of warning but im not sure about that to the best of my knowledge having been a skeptic and the fact you can find seemingly relevant codes in any text leads me to belive they are just random code that are actually irrelevant.

A few predictions have been found to come true tho as stated in previous posts but very few as it is hard to distinguish seemingly relevant codes from the actual encodings.

This has lead to lots of websites that have looked up using bible code software the years 2006 and onwards etc etc found all these codes about comets and disease etc etc and when they havent happened instantly assumed the bible code isnt real.

I hope i explained my self a bit beta now. Let me know what u think.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The bible codes predicts another day of destruction... and it is very specific: Atomic bombing in L.A. by the Chinese Navy. September 16, 2005 or September 5, 2006 was the two possible dates.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
The bible codes predicts another day of destruction... and it is very specific: Atomic bombing in L.A. by the Chinese Navy. September 16, 2005 or September 5, 2006 was the two possible dates.

You see al tho u have found a bible code that states this, it doesnt mean it will come true the chances are it could just be accidental code not an encoding.

You should really understand the bible code a bit more before posting that this will happen, the bible codes have the future encoded, BUT most of the codes you will find are just nonsense that happen by chance, not real encodings.

Read above posts or read this link if you dont understand its very hard to explain.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argos

You see al tho u have found a bible code that states this, it doesnt mean it will come true the chances are it could just be accidental code not an encoding.

You should really understand the bible code a bit more before posting that this will happen, the bible codes have the future encoded, BUT most of the codes you will find are just nonsense that happen by chance, not real encodings.

Read above posts or read this link if you dont understand its very hard to explain.

Perhaps we have never, met... I'm MasterRegal, a non believer of the bible code... I posted that prediction to mock the bible codes.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Why mock?? Without any sort of explanation for it, are you here for knowledge? to discuss and debate? or does it please you to just go around forums like these and mock people, who are just trying to get to the bottom of things.

I admit i am no knowledge fountain but on this subject i know i have read enough evidence on both sides as a non religious person to be able to put forward some valuable insights to people out there about the bible codes.

I invite questions and i will give answers to the best of my understanding, you care to tell me MasterReagal why you are so skeptical?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Why mock?? Without any sort of explanation for it, are you here for knowledge? to discuss and debate? or does it please you to just go around forums like these and mock people, who are just trying to get to the bottom of things.

I admit i am no knowledge fountain but on this subject i know i have read enough evidence on both sides as a non religious person to be able to put forward some valuable insights to people out there about the bible codes.

I invite questions and i will give answers to the best of my understanding, you care to tell me MasterReagal why you are so skeptical?

Perhaps you would like to read my previous posts before criticizing? I gave m reasons, and maybe "mock" was too strong of a word, but I was trying to prove a point.

I think the bible codes have many flaws, and why is it only the Torah that can so call accurately "predict" events... why not also use the Koran or the Tripitaka or any other religious texts for that matter? What makes the Torah superior than all other religious texts? I'm a Christian and yet I am able to see the many flaws in religion.

The mathimatical and statistical probilities are far to great to say for sure that the bible codes are true.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by MasterRegal]

[edit on 11-8-2006 by MasterRegal]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

and why is it only the Torah that can so call accurately "predict" events... why not also use the Koran or the Tripitaka or any other religious texts for that matter?

i think they are saying these were previously propheciesed and then encoded on the torah. Herman Melville didn't forcast the future then encode it on Moby Dick. that is why other books shouldnt work.

disclaimer: im not a believer in bible codes.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the bible codes have many flaws, and why is it only the Torah that can so call accurately "predict" events... why not also use the Koran or the Tripitaka or any other religious texts for that matter? What makes the Torah superior than all other religious texts? I'm a Christian and yet I am able to see the many flaws in religion.

The mathimatical and statistical probilities are far to great to say for sure that the bible codes are true.

Im sorry Master Reagal but your only argument seems to be that the statistical evidence is there but its not good enough for you, i can understand this, when i started this interest as a skeptic my self the statistical data didnt convince me neither.

I was a v stubborn critic i knew all the arguments to debunk the codes then i was shown just one well respected website with a section about answering the critics, this website does all the research into proving the skeptics wrong themselves and is very informative. Check out the websit that began to change my mind:

www.biblecodedigest.com...

I sat on the fence for a while not knowing whther to believe or not but years of seeing codes as detailed as i have have pushed me to take the leap of faith i have. People should have a more studied opinion before dismissing or believing the bible codes theres lots of info out there and most people who i have spoken to on this site dont know alot of it.

Check this link out its my explanation of what i think i know im hoping to get some good criticisation in my belief so i can adapt my views according to fact and not a leap of faith.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Im sorry Master Reagal but your only argument seems to be that the statistical evidence is there but its not good enough for you, i can understand this, when i started this interest as a skeptic my self the statistical data didnt convince me neither.

I was a v stubborn critic i knew all the arguments to debunk the codes then i was shown just one well respected website with a section about answering the critics, this website does all the research into proving the skeptics wrong themselves and is very informative. Check out the websit that began to change my mind:

I sat on the fence for a while not knowing whther to believe or not but years of seeing codes as detailed as i have have pushed me to take the leap of faith i have. People should have a more studied opinion before dismissing or believing the bible codes theres lots of info out there and most people who i have spoken to on this site dont know alot of it.

Check this link out its my explanation of what i think i know im hoping to get some good criticisation in my belief so i can adapt my views according to fact and not a leap of faith.

I visited the bible code digest awhile ago and frankly it never convinced me. People say that the codes were intentionally placed in the torah... well, point me to that evidence.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The evidence for me is in the fact you cant find any where as many relevant codes as you can find in the torah.

The fact that many codes have been found that are beyond chance that they could be there by accident.

The fact that nearly every major event that has happened in the last five years on our planet have been encoded.

The fact that skeptics who have been working on the bible codes for many years have yet to come up with any substantial evidence that goes against the torah being encoded.

The fact that isaac newton a genius of our time and many other great minds have 100% believed they were endoded.

And finally just for my own mind i have researched the bible code for the last 5 years and have been turned. I've just started learning hebrew and have my own bible code software that im learning to use so i can research it further.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How many books written in the same hebrew language as the Torah and as lengthy as the Torah been tested for this code?

To me it reasons you cant adequately compare the amount of relevant predictions between books written in different languages.

Maybe I'll read the digest site, to see if talks it about it there.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well I didn't see anything about on the pages you linked to, so if you know, don't
hold back.

I only have one thing to say about odds. Ask that poor fellow who was struck by
lightning 7 times and survived, what he thinks about odds. Roy Sullivan

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Well I didn't see anything about on the pages you linked to, so if you know, don't
hold back.

I only have one thing to say about odds. Ask that poor fellow who was struck by
lightning 7 times and survived, what he thinks about odds. Roy Sullivan

lol im no mathematician but i know that odds can be beaten its the whole point there called odds! But they serve a purpose and the torah codes have many examples of codes that far outweigh the odds. All of those odds beaten so many times and they are still coming thick and fast.

About the bible codes being compared to other texts i have seen a website that explains this being done i will try and find it. Other than that i have a resource on my bible code software to find codes in any text, i just have to load it up.

Anyone got any ideas for books that size i could download? then maybe i could try it my self.

Anyway this list of FAQ's on the digest website helpet to clear up some of my concerns about the bible codes maybe you could find it useful aswell.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join