August 4th is the Day of the Great Sign according to Bible Code

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0


Lets see some proof in these prophecies, or would they be prophecies with proof of them? Do these codes specifically say "on august 4th, 2006 there will be an earth shattering event of momentus magnitudes" or are they just more generalizations to try and hit and miss dinky things.


Help me out here, help me to see what you see.


IMO its nothing but a scam. All these 'prophets' do is run a program that searches through the Bible for trigger words. Then they combine these 'trigger words' to make a prediction, even if the words (symbols) are not related/connected in any way.

You can do it with any book/essay/newspaper and get the same results. They have never gotten a prediction correct, and keep changing dates/names every time a prediction does not pan out

Here is a example of 'bible codes'
the two pics go one on top of the other.





[edit on 8/4/2006 by pstiffy]




posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"Great Sign"? I don't know about that. But this might be my favorite one-

The Sign

At least, ouside of Bill Engvall.

Inside of Bill Engvall, it's too dark to read a sign.

Maybe.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinabean
man..all these bible codes haven't happened..Tired of hearing/reading about it sometimes I would really the bible code was a punching bag, so I can hit it and yell " SHUT THE EFF UP!"


It can be tricky to determine whether some Bible codes have come to pass or not because the wording isn't always very clear in its meaning. What we need to do is select those prophecies that are clear and unmistakeable in their wording and keep watch to make sure that IF the prophecy occurs, or doesn't, we will be aware of it. Only in this way can these things be evaluated. Otherwise, it just guessing, or believing/disbelieving on personal preference. As I said, I neither believe, nor disbelieve....yet.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
I found this particular prophecy at the www.exodus2006.com website. A SIGN is supposed to appear in the sky which everyone will be able to witness....IF....it happens. I am, for the present, refraining from drawing any conclusions about it or the Bible code, but by tomorrow we will al know one way or the other about the prophetic value of the Bible code.


It's always good to check up on things.

If you check up on the www.exodus2006.com... website via the Wayback Machine ( web.archive.org...*/www.exodus2006.com... ) you can see that it started out as an Ethiopian exodus site (everyone run to the Ethiopian mountains!) and that they originally predicted a comet strike for 2006 as well as an earthquake in Japan that causes economic collapse and Yet Another Prediction that Los Angeles will be hit by an earthquake and sink.

...and a SARS pandemic in 2003 (web.archive.org... ) You remember the half billion people dying of SARS then, right? Right? The Bible Codes said they would. It couldn't be wrong.

And of course the assassination of President Bush. Predicted in the Bible Codes:
web.archive.org...

And that Cardinal Jean Marie Lustiger is the Antichrist. After all, he was the pope and not this Benedict guy who's hanging around -- right? He's gonna make his move any second now. Really. The Bible codes said so in 2004 :
web.archive.org...

And the Tribulation (christian religious concept) was supposed to start yesterday:
web.archive.org...

And of course, Bible codes aren't ever wrong....


do some research. Check the Waybck machine for the archives.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow Byrd, great catch! Also, thanks for posting that about Wayback, I never knew that you could do that.
I really appreciate that because it will be able to help all of us on these sites that are questionable such as this one.

The only visions I have seen in the sky today are fighter jets flying around and tons of helicopters. Nothing really new there, I'm used to those by now here.
Or is this the sign and I've been fussing about it all day?





posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's august 5th over here, no sign as yet.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
IMO its nothing but a scam. All these 'prophets' do is run a program that searches through the Bible for trigger words. Then they combine these 'trigger words' to make a prediction, even if the words (symbols) are not related/connected in any way.

You can do it with any book/essay/newspaper and get the same results. They have never gotta a prediction correct, and keep changing things every time a prediction does not pan out

Here is a example of 'bible codes'
the two pics go one on top of the other.


[edit on 8/4/2006 by pstiffy]


Predictions about the future are often scams by unscrupulous fortune tellers and so-called psychics. This has caused many people to generalize about all prophecy because there are so many scams and so few genuine prophecies. I put virtually no stock in the phoney psychics that make thousands of predictions that never come true. One would think that they would score a hit once in a while with such shotgun approaches but inspite of their large numbers of GUESSES about the future they are virtually always wrong.

You know, pstiffy, I have read many comments from people who claim that the same kind of prophecies can be found in other literature than the Bible. Would you please post a few examples of prophecies that have been found in other writings? Please provide the title of the particular work and the location in the book where we can find the prophecy. I really am curious to see how these other works compare with the Bible code.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
heh..if they said the world would and whatnot on a certain date then why do they have codes or predictions for other years to come? isn't that something?



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Bible code, sorry to say this means nothing. Allow me to explain

The Bible PROHIBITS seeking secret codes and hidden messages, and as such it should not contain any codes.

Next, the hebrew alphabet has 20 something letters, and 400,000 or so letters in all of the bible. Isn't it plausible, that somewhere, somehow, in some random pattern, back or forward up or down, if letters are rearanged, you would get a message> Odds are great that letters would come together randomly if viewed as a certain pattern and make sense. I bet you can find a "code" in the Bible saying "Buy mcDonalds French fries on Friday, August the second 2006 for only 99 cents."

The Bible code is a joke.

[edit on 8.4.06 by ProveIt]



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   


There can be no doubt about what is meant nor the date on which the event is to occur. For this reason I put considerable weight on this event as a means to determine the validity of the Bible code.


This is wonderful news! So, when absolutely nothing happens, we can put all this nonsense behind us? Excellent!

It's absurd to believe that there is any kind of Bible code.

Why?

Because, even if there WAS one, it would be so fractured by now, that it wouldn't be comprehensible. The modern Bible is only a sampling of many different books, with many testaments thrown out, included, altered, and even transcribed from different languages, etc. To think that ANY kind of code, even if it once existed, would survive that intact is lunacy.... When the Council decided on Jesus' divinity and what books to include/exclude in the Bible, any code would have basically been destroyed right there.... Following that, the King James revision would have done even more damage to an already incomprehensible code, as now even more pieces would be missing.

And all of this is even considering there was a code in the first place!!! I doubt you'd find many Biblical scholars even supporting THAT idea......

Now, if you concede that maybe the Council inserted the code, that MIGHT be workable, but then you'd lose the divine as the source of the code, and put you right back to the ramblings of old, mad monks....who were more concerned with keeping order in the (at the time) chaotic Christian empire, than codes or prophecies....

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Gazrok]



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Following that, the King James revision would have done even more damage to an already incomprehensible code, as now even more pieces would be missing.


You do know the code allegedly works on the original Hebrew, right? The KJV is irrelevant to the "Bible code".



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's always good to check up on things.

If you check up on the www.exodus2006.com... website via the Wayback Machine ( web.archive.org...*/www.exodus2006.com... ) you can see that it started out as an Ethiopian exodus site (everyone run to the Ethiopian mountains!) and that they originally predicted a comet strike for 2006 as well as an earthquake in Japan that causes economic collapse and Yet Another Prediction that Los Angeles will be hit by an earthquake and sink.

...and a SARS pandemic in 2003 (web.archive.org... ) You remember the half billion people dying of SARS then, right? Right? The Bible Codes said they would. It couldn't be wrong.

And of course the assassination of President Bush. Predicted in the Bible Codes:
web.archive.org...

And that Cardinal Jean Marie Lustiger is the Antichrist. After all, he was the pope and not this Benedict guy who's hanging around -- right? He's gonna make his move any second now. Really. The Bible codes said so in 2004 :
web.archive.org...

And the Tribulation (christian religious concept) was supposed to start yesterday:
web.archive.org...

And of course, Bible codes aren't ever wrong....


do some research. Check the Waybck machine for the archives.


Thanks for pointing these things out to me. I know that there are many prophecies to be examined. Before I do that I am eager to see if the one for this very day occurs. If it does the I will avidly peruse the Bible codes much more extensively, but if the Sign that was prophecied for today does not appear then my interest in the code will probably diminish considerabley and I will retain only a mild interest in these coded prophecies. If I examine anything in depth I want to see good reason to do so. Otherwise, I feel as if I am wasting time.

Thanks for refering me to the guide. This place has real treasure.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is something I found that may be this "sign" on foxnews. This is it." Rare, Multihued Stratospheric Clouds Spotted Over Antarctica". Here is the link www.foxnews.com... HOBART, Australia — Some of the coldest temperatures on Earth brought a rare cloud formation to the skies over Antarctica, scientists said Tuesday. This is incredibly rare clouds that are pearl in color. The clouds only occur at high polar latitudes in winter, requiring temperatures less than minus 176 degrees Fahrenheit.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well there was some pretty weird thunder & lightening last night @ about 3:00 a.m.
It also rained but when I got up this morning the ground was dry.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay


You know, pstiffy, I have read many comments from people who claim that the same kind of prophecies can be found in other literature than the Bible. Would you please post a few examples of prophecies that have been found in other writings? Please provide the title of the particular work and the location in the book where we can find the prophecy. I really am curious to see how these other works compare with the Bible code.


What I meant by "you can do the same thing w/ any book" is that all the bible code does is pick keywords out of a block of text and combine them for a phophecy, so in essence, any piece of literature would have the same effect as Bible Code, but none the less, here are some non bible prophecies, I hope this is what youwere looking for:


There are the Vedic prophecies, which can be found:
Here
Here
Here

Mayan Prophecies:
Here
Here
Here
Here

Hopi:
Here
Here
Here
Here

All three are somewhat similar, in that they prophecize that we are approaching the end of one cycle, and will be entering a new one. The dates differenciate, but the core meaning is generally the same

There are also Buddhist Prophecies:
Here
Here
Here

Tao Prophecies:
Here
Here

African Prophecies:
Here
Here

Tibetan Prophecies:
Here
Here
Here


Hope this helps.





[edit on 8/4/2006 by pstiffy]



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
well, there's 13 hours and 42 minutes left till it's tomorrow at the international date line

not much time for a great sign, but alot can happen in 13 hours, take the 13 hour sale at whatever store that is...

anyhew with the lack of WWIII starting yesterday and nothing yet today i am firmly convinced the illeged "bible codes" are nothing but people searching for meaning where there was never intended to be any.

if you look hard enough then everything looks like it's telling you some secret code, it's called schizophrenia...


[edit on 4-8-2006 by wondernut]



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Prove-it and Gazrok posts appear to be the ones with the most sense. The entire idea of a "Bible Code" in and of itself is against teachngs in the Bible.

True Prophets are those whose predictions are correct 100% of the time..... which, of course, leaves 'ol Nostradamus out of the picture.

The Exodus2006 website is crap, too, as one can see their agenda plain as day, by the other articles and links they have; looks like they've received a bunch of money from a lot of kooks, though.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
There are the Vedic prophecies, which can be found:
Here
Here
Here

Mayan Prophecies:
Here
Here
Here
Here

Hopi:
Here
Here
Here
Here

All three are somewhat similar, in that they prophecize that we are approaching the end of one cycle, and will be entering a new one. The dates differenciate, but the core meaning is generally the same

There are also Buddhist Prophecies:
Here
Here
Here

Tao Prophecies:
Here
Here

African Prophecies:
Here
Here

Tibetan Prophecies:
Here
Here
Here


Hope this helps.





[edit on 8/4/2006 by pstiffy]


Thanks a bunch pstiffy for all the references. Yes, there are many venerable works of prophecy and spiritual guidance, but what I was asking was not about prophecies that are contained in the main text, but rather, prophecies that have been encoded within the main text. The distinction I am making here is between the prophecies that can be read just by looking at the pages of a book, such as the Bible, and the prophecies which can be read only by decoding them from within the main text of a book.

Thanks again for the numerous passages from other spiritual texts.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
one would think that if a 'sign' in the sky was to important then most logically the coded relevation 'sign' would/should be in line of sight over

Jerusalem



i wouldn't think that Bible Code took into account the International Date Line.......the day of the 4th of August is essentially over in Israel, and particularly the Jerusalem time zone,

and there's only several hours left of the 'day' remaining over the Pacific Ocean...

i'd mark this Divinely inspired code pertaining to a prophetic event a Bust, a Dud



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
This is something I found that may be this "sign" on foxnews. This is it." Rare, Multihued Stratospheric Clouds Spotted Over Antarctica". Here is the link www.foxnews.com... HOBART, Australia — Some of the coldest temperatures on Earth brought a rare cloud formation to the skies over Antarctica, scientists said Tuesday. This is incredibly rare clouds that are pearl in color. The clouds only occur at high polar latitudes in winter, requiring temperatures less than minus 176 degrees Fahrenheit.


Those are an awsome sight, and if they spread over the globe so that people could see them where ever they may be located, THEN, I would feel that this could be the sign, but since they are localized in an area where they normally would be then it is too likely to be a natural atmospheric development. I think if the sign appears, it is going to be a phenomenon very much out of the ordinary. Thanks for the notification though.

Now, we wait and watch. Will the sign appear? Will the world be spanned by a sign from Heaven? Wait a little while longer.





top topics
 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join