It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Nice hunting Kellter.

Perfect match, I'd say you've found it.

Now....what do we do with it?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
I'm not gonna enter this one. The last one is still too fresh and i'm still recovering.....but Good Luck to you all, and I may occasionally pop by to give out moral support.

Honestly Jebus ... I haven't been able to get Like A Virgin out of my head for the past week. I blame you.

Hope to see ya in the thread

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

Originally posted by JebusSaves
I'm not gonna enter this one. The last one is still too fresh and i'm still recovering.....but Good Luck to you all, and I may occasionally pop by to give out moral support.

Honestly Jebus ... I haven't been able to get Like A Virgin out of my head for the past week. I blame you.

Hope to see ya in the thread

Hahaha, i wish i could give you positive Karma for that my friend.....love it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Do we know for sure that this is going to be in (.html) format

could it be .php

or even something else?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
hmm it seems the site changed a little, now the bottom right has a gif named 0.gif...but it just shows up as blank when I enter it into the browser or save it and access it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They hadn't organized the site correctly, thats why there was a huge blank area to the right where the ad was. The empty file had been there the whole time.

I am sure it is .html, as .htm, .php, etc do not work at all, but all .html's work.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Notice: Undefined index: page in /home/code/ufo.php on line 3

/home/code/ufo.php

Black font in top left corner

www.alltheufoanswers.com...

[edit on 4-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
Notice: Undefined index: page in /home/code/ufo.php on line 3

/home/code/ufo.php

Black font in top left corner

www.alltheufoanswers.com...

[edit on 4-8-2006 by ragster]

I saw both of those ... I'm pretty sure that they are just errors in the code. I've gotten similar things before doing php.

However, it's good to have here in the thread. Who knows what devious tricks the powers that be have for us this time

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

There's that word again... "obvious". :shk:

If this assumption, of referring, is true what are you referring them to....an advertising site "telling them" to refer people?

If the answer is "obvious" it should apply to those unfamiliar with "thefinalanswer" as well.

This is only the first page of the game and I think we may be reading into this way too much.

Again, referrals would be a piss poor way to have to "start" the game, and we don't have an "r#" counter implying this assumption to be true either.

[edit on 8/4/06 by redmage]

I would not dismiss what appears to be an obvious clue just yet as anyone who participated in the last game knows. This is, after all, an ATS sponsored game and as all games in the past have required knowledge of the site beyond the cursory, it is safe to assume that this will be no different and anyone's guess is valid until proven wrong. And if your assumption that "it should apply to those unfamiliar with thefinalanswer as well" was correct, then how would anyone unfamiliar with the past game know to type the answer in the form of "answer.html"? So put away the pride for now...none of us has the answer...yet!

But yes, I agree...referrals would be a poor requirement to get any game started initially.

p.s. If I do come across another answer for THIS game...I'll remember how open you were to all ideas!

[edit on 4-8-2006 by antipigopolist]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist
I would not dismiss what appears to be an obvious clue just yet as anyone who participated in the last game knows.

I'm not nescessarily dismissing it but, "participated in the last game" is where I take issue.

This is not "the last game" and should be playable by new people without "prior knowledge", especially on the first page.

Once we're a ways through however, I totally expect anything.

anyone's guess is valid until proven wrong. So put away the pride for now...none of us has the answer...yet!

Yes anyone's guess is somewhat valid but, something just doesn't seem right about referals being the first obsticle (for reasons stated before).

And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with "pride". :shk:

I agree...referrals would be a poor requirement to get any game started initially.

My point exactly.

I think some are reading too far into things when the answer may be much simpler, and more logical.

p.s. If I do come across another answer for THIS game...I'll remember how open you were to all ideas!

It has nothing to do with "all ideas". :shk:

It just seems that there would be a simpler, more logical, solution that may be getting overlooked.

As you yourself said, "referrals would be a poor requirement to get any game started".

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Agreed. But do remember...anyone unfamiliar with the last game would not know to type the answer as an extension to the url.

i.e. 71.html

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Agreed. But do remember...anyone unfamiliar with the last game would not know to type the answer as an extension to the url.

i.e. 71.html

And at this point, we can't really even be certain of that (the ".html" format).

I guess I just have more faith in S.O. than to believe he'd have us referring people to a site that, at this point, is nothing more than just an advertising site "telling them" to refer more people.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It just seems that there would be a simpler, more logical, solution that may be getting overlooked.

Agreed, I tried taking a step back to look at the thing as a whole....but I seem to be struggling with one key thing: is the word "begin" relevant to the answer, or is it simply saying to start the game. There are many directions to take in a case such as this without any initial instruction...but this one seems to be the first major fork in the road (for me at least
)

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And at this point, we can't really even be certain of that (the .html format).

...as he sits typing madly an inordinate amount of url extentions for this conundrum....

Just admit it...you are...we promise not to laugh!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

...as he sits typing madly an inordinate amount of url extentions for this conundrum....

Oh, I whole heartedly admit it.

Even though we can't be certain, to me this does seem like the most probable solution because it at least generates responses from the site (however disheartening they may be
).

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

And at this point, we can't really even be certain of that (the .html format).

I believe all he is trying to say is that we shouldn't focus 100% on that, as it has been the only suggestion thus far, and I agree with him. It kind of bugs me that two of the answers you get when you enter an .html are "you won't start that way" and "that is not the way to begin," the way it's worded plus the fact that the last game was like that may very well be them telling us that is not the way to do it. Of course I am not saying we should rule it out all together...just agreeing we shouldn't automatically assume that is the correct path.

edit: typo

[edit on 8/4/2006 by somedude]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I guess I just have more faith in S.O. than to believe he'd have us referring people to a site that, at this point, is nothing more than just an advertising site "telling them" to refer more people.

It has nothing to do with faith in SO and everything to do with setting this up as a value added website for the winner IMHO. This along with the referral message just adds to why I think it may be the answer.

But it is indeed anyone's guess at this point. Great. I'm getting pulled into another blackhole.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with faith in SO

By faith I mean I find it hard to believe he would choose such a poor way to "start" the game.

and everything to do with setting this up as a value added website for the winner

As I stated earlier, once the actual game has truly begun (not just "found"), I totally expect anything. And yes, that includes "setting this up as a value added website".

But referring people to what currently ammounts to an advertising site (with a supposed reference they'd likely not understand) just seems a little too low and dirty.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm just grasping at an old straw. Maybe I need a break because...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm just grasping at an old straw. Maybe I need a break because...

HEY!!!

How'd you get live access to my webcam!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join