It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
what about the Star Trek book...

Crisis on Centaurus ?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
(from the book)
"marked made in Centaurus"

Could MARKED/MADE mean getting a lock or fix on somthing or am I straying too far?

Could it be where the event took place?.

The st. Lawrence river?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
here's a page with lottsa SF books with Centaurus in the titles
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&start=10&sa=N

sorry for the long link.

off to Zedd's again, I guess

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
[url=http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/astro/SPECTRUM/skyevents/se072199.html]>LINK

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I exhausted just about everything from the site you pulled that quote from.

I'm inclined to wait for another path to take on this. This is extremely difficult.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
now would be a good time for HUNT to show up, point our sorry asses in the right direction, and leave.

incidentally, I noticed the tags were removed. were there issues with bad tagging again?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
How about from this link?

Starfleet science officer Greta Vanderweg was born on Alpha Centauri in 2338. (DS9: "Field of Fire")

Big reach.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the q_ works in this game also.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tilldawn
Does anyone know if the q_ works in this game also.

I tried a few to no avail.

you guys all know that you too can try the things you're asking, right?

back to the task at hand:

marked made in centaurus.

I really thing this is an object, not a person. I could be wrong but the quotes around the question make it seem like the line XXXX marked made in Centaurus will be found withing the book that the crazy bastards that thought this thing up were reading.

added:
anyone else getting laughs from some of the ads? "the only furniture reverse engineered from alien technology" had me in stitches

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
"...our goal, other than to solve the questions, is to spread word of this game far and wide. As a matter of fact, there are several points throughout the game that require inbound unique referrers to achieve specific levels before game play is allowed to continue." -taken from the 'about' page on www.alltheufoanswers.com

Could it be possible that at certain levels of referral, Hunt_Admin gives clues?
It sounds like the more unique referrals the better.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think they just want the site to gain more and more hits and referral links so that the final reward (the site itself) is worth a hell of a lot of money.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think what it means by book guys---

(from the book)
"marked made in Centaurus"

is from history, or has antone found a book?

this could be the odysess

or another greek mythology book around.....

but from centaurus was wounded in history by herecules, maybe this was where centaurus was marked?

[edit on 7-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
name of jump gate technology from Centaurus?

" The first alien race that made contact with Earth was the Centauri Republic in 2150 (approximately). In return for Trade agreements, the Centauri Republic gave the Earth Alliance access to their technologies, including "jump gate" technology. This advanced Earth's technology over a hundred years and allowed them to explore and expand out of the solar system to become a major power in the galaxy."

I don't know if this link can help .. it has to do with a tv show..

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
heracles and the centaurs (not centaurus)

www.dibonsmith.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I added some stuff about the questions to the Wiki, and someone took it out. I found it helpful to have not just the questions but the answers there... any objection to me putting question info back in? I'm thinking a table with three columns, Q - A - and comments/remarks/explanations. We got a lot of "what the hell is klattubaradisnicto.html????" during the last game and having more info on the wiki would minimize ATS board noise.

Also, I'm taking screenshots of the questions as they come up. I thought this would reduce the number of "I didn't see (from the book) - can you post what it said word for word?????" posts. I'm not sure if I should post them on the wiki (large pics and gonna be lots of them) - any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
how 'bout something along the lines of....

marked = located, discovered ( as in name of astronomer)

made in Centaurus = where discovery was made

.......... although this is getting away from the - (from the book) - part of the clue

just another way to interpret clue

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that we need to study the book..

Above Top Secret....

Or perhaps,

The Dulce Book ?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I'm starting to think that we need to study the book..

Above Top Secret....

Or perhaps,

The Dulce Book ?

That's what I was thinking, that is was an excerpt from the previous clue "Above Top Secret" which was written by Timothy Good. After all, aren't these questions suppsed to be UFO related?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've got the paperback and just noticed chapter 5 is titled..

'Per Ardua Ad Astra 1981 Onward'

...checking thru it now

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by glengineer
I added some stuff about the questions to the Wiki, and someone took it out. I found it helpful to have not just the questions but the answers there... any objection to me putting question info back in? I'm thinking a table with three columns, Q - A - and comments/remarks/explanations. We got a lot of "what the hell is klattubaradisnicto.html????" during the last game and having more info on the wiki would minimize ATS board noise.

Also, I'm taking screenshots of the questions as they come up. I thought this would reduce the number of "I didn't see (from the book) - can you post what it said word for word?????" posts. I'm not sure if I should post them on the wiki (large pics and gonna be lots of them) - any thoughts?

You are doing a very good work!

Keep on!!!
If you nee dsome help, I'm available.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join