It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There was also a British stratocruiser called Centaurus who reported a UFO sighting.

Link

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
We should be focusing more on Aliens and Ufos. I doubt this will have anything to do with the actual Constellation Centaurus(besides the claim that a certain UFO may have come from there which I seem to remember, maybe the name of that particular incident is the answer to this question).

Willard is on the right track I believe. Will pursue it some more.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yes, but UFO doesn't imply extraterrestrial.

I was looking for anomalies in the galaxy like nebulaes and stuff. But haven't had any luck. Any misinterprated UFO sightings that turned out to be a Centaurus aircraft?
Maybe a black project aircraft from them?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Iam checking flight patterns of the aircraft Centaurus

www.uforth.com...

I believe the mark made by the centaurus is when it saw the ufo for the first time

maps.google.com...,+Labrador&ie=UTF8&ll=53.237277,-60.161133&spn=1.150701,3.47168&t=h&om=1

[edit on 7-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
lookie here...

www.astronomywithgarry.net... #7 Carina UFO

no luck with anything in there yet, but my, it sure is interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i have looked everywhere for something relevant to this. Can't find much I have googled every possible combo. I definetly think it has to do with possibly a ufo that was from there, or something, as you guys have said, that is literally marked, "made in centaurus"

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is a longshot but is there a city named Centaurus? A base nickname? A Regional Nickname or Literal Name?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I did a Google Earth search on Centaurus, came back with some companies (primarily energy), but no actual regions, countries, islands etc. Good thought though!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
ive been reading up on the Centaurus constellation and a cataclysm in which one galaxy tore apart another but since its only astronomy I think its a dead end. www.jhu.edu...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've tried everything I can think of, including fiction and movie works that may feature something from Centaurus (who would have thought I would be reading up on the ALF TV show today...).

I'm about out for today. Might log on later to see what our next shift come up with. I'll be sooooooo annoyed if they crack it in two minutes. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Found something interesting along the Astronomy line of thinking...

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...

A Centauro event is a kind of anomalous event observed in cosmic-ray detectors since 1972. They are so named because their shape resembles that of a centaur.

If some versions of string theory are correct, then high-energy cosmic rays could create black holes when they collide with molecules in the Earth's atmosphere. These black holes would be tiny, with a mass of around 10 micrograms. They would also be unstable enough to explode in a burst of particles within around a billion-billion-billionth of a second (10-27 of a second).

Theodore Tomaras, a physicist at the University of Crete in Heraklion, Greece, and his Russian collaborators hypothesize that these miniature black holes could explain certain anomalous observations made by cosmic-ray detectors in the Bolivian Andes and on a mountain in Tajikistan.

Could be a dead end though...

Not sure wether this has been posted before...
encyclopedia.farlex.com...(astronomy)

Unusual object orbiting between Saturn and Uranus, discovered in 1977 by US astronomer Charles Kowal. Initially classified as an asteroid, it is now believed to be a giant cometary nucleus at least 200 km/120 mi across, composed of ice with a dark crust of carbon dust. It has a 51-year orbit and a coma (cloud of gas and dust) caused by evaporation from its surface, resembling that of a comet. It is classified as a centaur.

I think I'm way wide of the mark though...

Has this comit been classified as anything other then a comet/asteroid, like a UFO for instance?

[edit on 7-8-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856
I've tried everything I can think of, including fiction and movie works that may feature something from Centaurus (who would have thought I would be reading up on the ALF TV show today...).

I'm about out for today. Might log on later to see what our next shift come up with. I'll be sooooooo annoyed if they crack it in two minutes. Good luck!

i looked up the alf thing too on wiki we must have searched the same thing on google. lol

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I suck at these kinds of games *sighs*

here's a thought I haven't seen tossed around yet...

"marked made in Centaurus", mmi Centaurus, 2001 Centaurus *shrugs*

just trying to get away from the way my head reads that clue, which is "marked 'made in Centaurus'" but that's not the way it is written, that's just how I keep seeing it...

good luck people.

twj

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
the main thing i keep noticing is that the line is i quotes "marked made in centaurus", As this is quoted from something, but what I goole it in quotes an come up with 0 finds. i am lost here

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I believe that there was is "marked" something in centaurus, or near it in space, or in some type of file about centaurus's history or beliefs, or even within UFO sightings and so on.

There is something "marked" centaurus, but what is it?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well I´m back. What a time for my DSL to fail due to general maintenance...

I´m on 320up/64down instead of 128up/1024down. ...and it can go anytime again in the next few minutes.

Dear o dear.

Still on "marked made in Centaurus" ? Looking...

givemethefirstquestion I tried in the initial phase too. Glad to be back

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Just popping in before work.

Here are some leads for people thinking outside the box:

www.faqs.org... (planes/engines)

www.blackwellpublishing.com... (book with title of Centaurus)

apod.oa.uj.edu.pl... (involving dust bands?)

I'll be back to help out in 6 hours or so after work. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
well i am at a loss. I have been looking since 10:00, and havent found any hope yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
At the moment I have been searching these 3 leads:

The constellation 'Centaurus' and is surrounding stars.

The greek character 'Centaurus' and the other characters. The offspring of Centaurus are said to be 'clouds'

The aeroplane called 'Centaurus' and its ufo encounter in 1952?

Haven't had any luck with them so far in terms of something 'marked made'. I think more research into these leads will produce something interesting.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Is it possible that we are making the first one too hard? Perhaps mission engaged is referring to the game itself. Like 'start' or 'begin' or any other synonym. Or not...

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join