It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Too bad, change seemed a promising clue. LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok I checked and made sure there wasn't a member named moniker, drats no luck there.

Basically this clue hinges on the "avoided" bit.

moniker = name or alias, obviously this is what we are looking for here.

that leaves avoided. The question is why is avoided so good a clue that it is the only bit given? On many of the other clues it took 3 or 4 words for us to find the answer. Why do they think one word will help us find this answer?

Also, what haven't we tried yet, because as we saw with swampgas, if you enter a future answer to anther question the clue disappears but it still says that the answer is incorrect. And of the hundreds of things I tried for the previous clue we were stuck on, I never got that same result with any other words.

That is why I was trying things like 'trekkie' yesterday. I was trying to go in a direction we haven't been yet. For example, the XFiles TV show had many characters with monikers. IE the enigmatic 'cigarette smoking man'. Don't count on this clue linking with the past clue, and don't rule anything dealing with the subject matter out.

I spent yestday afternoon reading the wiki page for Twin Peaks because of the Black Lodge and Red Room. Oh "The tiny man from another place" isn't the answer by the way. Today I'm doing XFiles characters and maybe Dark Skies if I get that far.

But I think we will need another clue before this one gets solved.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Z -- I'll read the dark skies wiki right now...

stand by...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Oh I was so sure it was going to be Spooky! Crud.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
dark skies wiki page has nothing... checking elsewhere on dark skies.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I was thinking something inside the condon report might be the answewr. The condon report came about as a result of the mass sighting in Michigan (the swamp gas sightings). There was a memo that was leaked that has become known as the The Trick Memo (I think that's what it's called). Anyway, they mentioned the object being to trick the people or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm still bouncing around in the 1940 - 1960 , event/projects/semi-well known ufo cases, box.

Seems to be a pattern we should keep in mind.
Chronology seems to be continually moving, generally foward,
in time.

Are we really looking into admitted fiction, now? (SciFi shows)

Man, is That a pandoras box.

Am I forgetting a previous answer that fit this catagory?

latest try was

manhattanengineeringdistrict.html
med.html
(former name of Manhattan Project)

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm not touching fiction. way too big an area and, to be honest, I doubt if that is what they want. To me it seems clear that they are looking for a term or name for something that was intentionally avoided such as little green men, alien aircraft etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm thinking of Moniker termed as a nickname or pseudonym for somebody to avoid being identified in some case or other, so i'm just googling these words and UFO case etc etc

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Tried methane.html as it is another name for swamp gas and should be avoided lol but no luck.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Has anyone any ideas what the chem symbol for methane is maybe it has somthing to do with the periodic table.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Has anyone any ideas what the chem symbol for methane is maybe it has somthing to do with the periodic table.

can't....concentrate.....hypnotized....by......avatar.....

CH4 I think

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by kuhl

can't....concentrate.....hypnotized....by......avatar.....

CH4 I think

lol crak cheers m8. I'll see if that leads to anything.

[edit on 24/8/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Tried to post this above but couldn't

periodic table

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ummmm yes they did do fictional clues. Look at the list

Last I checked

War of the Worlds
2001: A Space Odyssey
Plan 9 from Outer Space
The Day the Earth Stood Still

were not documentaries...
OR ARE THEY!?!?!

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
all pictures from the movies. big difference. Besides, those were a section focussing on movies and tv in the sci-fi genre. this current set has taken us along the sign/grudge/blue book/ stork path with actual sightings along the way.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
Ummmm yes they did do fictional clues. Look at the list

Last I checked

War of the Worlds
2001: A Space Odyssey
Plan 9 from Outer Space
The Day the Earth Stood Still

were not documentaries...
OR ARE THEY!?!?!

You are correct but these were part of the film bit of the quiz,I think all the other answers are related to documented cases etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just trying a different direction because I have tried about every name and noun for that matter in those projects.

And when the focus changes on a question it isn't really prefaced by hey "Ok gonna change gears" memo. So we can't be sure what the clue is about.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
To follow you guys train of thought,

what about a name of a PLANE or BOAT/SHIP

that avoided a UFO collison?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
there was an airline flight that just missed hitting a cigar shaped craft.

back to the research

new topics

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join